PDA

View Full Version : Junior Dunphys?

pete
14/06/2002, 1:06 PM
Does any0one else get the impressions theres a good few wannabe Moaning Dunphys around the last few days willing Ireland to lose on sunday?

:eek:

MikeW
14/06/2002, 2:26 PM
Yeah, I think the idea is if they keep saying Ireland have no chance and will lose without Judas Keane they'll eventually be right sometime. These are the very same people who said we'd no chance of getting out of our group without that bum, some of them even said we'd be lucky to pick up a point! Utter muppets.

Neil
14/06/2002, 2:38 PM
The same people who want Mick sacked!

pete
14/06/2002, 2:55 PM
I'll admit i didn't think we had much chance with the Cork Keane but doesn't mean I haven't wished the team the best from the start. I think losing Keane the way we have as opposed to through a pre-tournament injury has meant the squad more determined to do well without him.

Mick does seem to be improving his tactic awareness (some would say about time) as seeing the team let the Saudis come at us in the 1st half on tuesday went more attacking in the 2nd half to negate this.

While I think Carsley is a very poor player maybe Mick was showing good squad & man management by leaving him have his 10mins in the Saudi game. Must do well for squad morale the more players get a run out in the WC?

patsh
14/06/2002, 3:28 PM
Originally posted by pete
Does any0one else get the impressions theres a good few wannabe Moaning Dunphys around the last few days willing Ireland to lose on sunday?

:eek:
Where? I personally have not heard or read anyone wishing for Ireland to lose, but are there people out there who do?..:confused: