PDA

View Full Version : 5-a-side Football in Dublin

thejollyrodger
16/04/2006, 4:22 PM
Where can you go to play indoor football or Astro turf in Dublin ? The closer to the city centre the better thanks !!

sligoman
16/04/2006, 4:25 PM
The Sportslink near Santry;)

thejollyrodger
16/04/2006, 6:23 PM
Is this it ???

http://sportslinkfc.com/

I was looking for more astro turf / indoor facilities

sligoman
16/04/2006, 6:36 PM
Is this it ???

http://sportslinkfc.com/

I was looking for more astro turf / indoor facilitiesThis (http://www.sportslink.ie/index.htm) is it. It has both Astro and indoor facilities.

the 12 th man
16/04/2006, 7:21 PM
There's Astro-Turf On Greenhills Rd Tallaght and one in Coolock afaik.

thejollyrodger
16/04/2006, 7:31 PM
great facilities but pretty far from the city centre ! Are there clubs that you can contact if you want to join a 5 a side team

Anto McC
16/04/2006, 8:11 PM
Various colleges would have indoor football facilites and some would rent the pitches!!

$Leon$
16/04/2006, 8:20 PM
there's some in UCD you could try. Not sure do you need to be a student there to rent a pitch. It's worth a try, i'd imagine it's not as expensive as other places. Plenty of direct busses from town.

thejollyrodger
16/04/2006, 9:28 PM
Thanks very much for all the posts lads ! I'll have to do some investigating

drummerboy
17/04/2006, 9:44 AM
Try the DCU in Glasnevin, not too far from city centre. Also there are some in Finglas and the boogies in Cabra.

Anto McC
17/04/2006, 10:24 AM
We used to play on an indoor pitch in Colaiste Ide in Finglas,none of us went to the college,we rented it,You should try there!

monutdfc
18/04/2006, 11:41 AM
ESB Sportsco on South Lotts Road beside the dog track, right in the city centre.
A couple of others:
St Andrews in Booterstown
St Benildus in Kilmacud
Finglas Leisure Centre

Also, check out www.astro.ie

klein4
18/04/2006, 12:15 PM
there is one on top of belvedere college just off o connell street. dunno how you go bout renting it but used to know some lads who played on it. its on the roof. and there are a couple of pitches in rathcoole which isnt near city centre but they are a million times better than the ones in the astro parks. which are fairly dated and fairly small. as well a lot of them places charge ya for missing a week so if you happen to miss a couple of weeks you are f*cked.

Raheny Red
19/04/2006, 10:28 AM
There is an Astro Park 5 minutes walk from the Santry/Coolock roundabout off the M1.

Anto McC
19/04/2006, 4:21 PM
ESB Sportsco on South Lotts Road beside the dog track

Christ cant believe i forgot about this one,5 mins up the road from me and used to play their weekly till about a year ago.Indoor and outdoor pitchs!

Kowalski
19/04/2006, 5:48 PM
I find some of the Astros are a bit rubbish in their pitch quality, some of them are lethal slippy when its raining.
Here are a few places I have played are:
Coolock Astro - Good facilities but crap Hockey Pitch Grass.
Tallaght Astro - Good facilities but crap Hockey Pitch Grass.
James Gate - Good facilities but crap Hockey Pitch Grass.

There are a couple of new astro pitches in Crumlin that are 11 a side (pearse park & sundrive park) but might get split up for 5 a side.
Others which I know of are Dublin Bus Club & Dublin Postal Club which I imagine would be along the lines of Sportsco.

And of course theirs Whelan Park in Sundrive - Good Synthetic grass and unlike Kingdom :D, it wont rip the legs off you in a slide tackle.