PDA

View Full Version : Saints receive fan warning

sligoman
16/04/2006, 4:02 PM
The Football Association of Ireland’s Disciplinary Commission has issued a warning to St Patrick’s Athletic about the conduct of its supporters at matches.

The warning comes as a result of the pitch incursion by a number of Saints fans at the end of the eircom League Premier Division game against Sligo Rovers at the Showgrounds on April 1st last*.

St Pats club secretary Stephen Connelly told the club’s official website: “We explained to the Commission that our supporters are aware of the rules on pitch incursions and that such incursions are a rarity.

Read more (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=22069)

dfx-
16/04/2006, 11:35 PM
our supporters are aware of the rules on pitch incursions and that such incursions are a rarity.

Though after matches with Rovers at Richmond is fine..:cool:

Block G Raptor
16/04/2006, 11:38 PM
have to say they behaved flawlessly on friday in Dalier (maybe the lack of alcohol had something to do with it)

wws
17/04/2006, 9:19 AM
this is a disgrace - escaping without a fine

I would have shot them all in a courtyard in Kilmainham prison!

Saint Tom
17/04/2006, 10:47 AM
it was good natured tbh, we had just scored a last gasp equaliser after giving away a dubious penalty in the 92nd minute and the ref noted that at no time did he feel that it caused a danger to any player.

Good to hear other clubs fans commenting on our behaviour. That there was a good atmosphere there on good friday and the Pats fans in the shed as opposed to the Connaught Street adds to the noise and atmosphere for sure.

:ball:

Mr A
17/04/2006, 11:14 AM
So, Pats fans go on the pitch and they get off scot free, and Galway United get fined €1000 because a stewart made a non-abusive comment about a vital decision being wrong without even using bad language. What the hell is that about?

Dodge
17/04/2006, 1:41 PM
So you think Pats should've got a fine because some fans celebrating spilled onto the pitch and the referee and assistants both saying it was good natured and they never felt threatened? Nobody was abused, nobody was harmed. Common sense prevailed

Anto McC
17/04/2006, 1:44 PM
Nobody was abused, nobody was harmed. Common sense prevailed

Agreed,it makes a nice change too!

The Pie Man
17/04/2006, 1:45 PM
of all the fans in the country i have never had a problem with any pats fans, they are well natured and behaved, i always look forward to my trip to richmond and the return trip with pats fans coming to flancare,

the way this league is run is a joke:rolleyes:

Mr A
17/04/2006, 1:48 PM
I'm not saying Pats should have got a fine, but then the fans did go on the pitch then you couldn't have argued if ye'd got one. Fans should not go on the pitch, good natured or not.

I was just pointing out how totally random the decisions the league makes are. I don't think common sense prevailed- I think it was fairly random and ye got lucky!

Roverstillidie
17/04/2006, 3:45 PM
I'm not saying Pats should have got a fine, but then the fans did go on the pitch then you couldn't have argued if ye'd got one. Fans should not go on the pitch, good natured or not.

I was just pointing out how totally random the decisions the league makes are. I don't think common sense prevailed- I think it was fairly random and ye got lucky!

last year the league were literally fining teams large amounts every week for ant misdemaenor, and away sides too. we gave out yards.

this year they seem to be taking a different approach. good.

Conor H
17/04/2006, 3:56 PM
So, Pats fans go on the pitch and they get off scot free, and Galway United get fined €1000 because a stewart made a non-abusive comment about a vital decision being wrong without even using bad language. What the hell is that about?

Sums it all up.......clowns that are in charge.
Im delighted Pats fans didnt get fined....commom sense prevailed as somebody said but still....that deserves more of a fine than what happened at GUFC does.

Roverstillidie
17/04/2006, 6:01 PM
Sums it all up.......clowns that are in charge.
Im delighted Pats fans didnt get fined....commom sense prevailed as somebody said but still....that deserves more of a fine than what happened at GUFC does.

id be more concerned about stewards abusing match officials than kids on the pitch tbh.

Conor H
17/04/2006, 6:04 PM
id be more concerned about stewards abusing match officials than kids on the pitch tbh.

Who said they were kids?
We deserved to be fined but a E1000??:rolleyes: Joke!:mad:

Dodge
17/04/2006, 9:12 PM
NO one said you deserved a fine. He just pointed out the difference

Conor H
17/04/2006, 9:16 PM
NO one said you deserved a fine. He just pointed out the difference
I did actually.
I know he pointed out the difference...i pointed out the contrast in punishments.
Fans run on a pitch-Warning
Steward gives out to a Ref-E1000.

A steward is a club rep and therefore we probably deserved the fine.But E1000?......then no fine for fans on a pitch??:confused:
As i said though im delighted pats didnt get fined......Common sense prevailed....not in GUFC's case.

Roverstillidie
17/04/2006, 9:55 PM
I did actually.
I know he pointed out the difference...i pointed out the contrast in punishments.
Fans run on a pitch-Warning
Steward gives out to a Ref-E1000.

A steward is a club rep and therefore we probably deserved the fine.But E1000?......then no fine for fans on a pitch??:confused:
As i said though im delighted pats didnt get fined......Common sense prevailed....not in GUFC's case.

an agent of GUFC abused the ref he was there to protect. a big no-no, 1,000 notes please.

whats the problem?

Conor H
17/04/2006, 10:00 PM
an agent of GUFC abused the ref he was there to protect. a big no-no, 1,000 notes please.

whats the problem?
Only problem is the severity of the fine.

Roverstillidie
17/04/2006, 10:51 PM
Only problem is the severity of the fine.

meaning it worked

Éanna
17/04/2006, 11:38 PM
Does the rule actually say that Shels are allowed leave fans run wild on the pitch at full time every game, with no fear of punishment? Or do they just not punish them :rolleyes:

Raheny Red
18/04/2006, 6:30 PM
Did Pats get fined for the incident against Cork last season? :confused:

1 9 2 8
18/04/2006, 7:12 PM
Pats should have got fined just like we should be fined for some idiot going onto the pitch went we scored against Waterford. There is no excuse for going onto the pitch.

Jerry The Saint
19/04/2006, 9:19 AM
Do Shamrock fans still invade the pitch when they win a corner:confused:

OK, that's an exaggeration but would any game in the first division justify a pitch invasion from their fans to celebrate going from 2-0 down to 2-1 down like they used to do in the Premier...? Of course, like most other things, a section of the Bohs support couldn't help themselves from copying the incursions.

It's obvious that there should be an exemption for all celebrations caused by last-minute winners or equalisers.:) Any pitch invasions at any other time (including after the game is over which is really stupid and annoying and Pats have been one of the worst offenders unfortunately) should be punished by massive fines and/or points deduction.

NY Hoop
19/04/2006, 11:49 AM
Do Shamrock fans still invade the pitch when they win a corner:confused:

OK, that's an exaggeration but would any game in the first division justify a pitch invasion from their fans to celebrate going from 2-0 down to 2-1 down like they used to do in the Premier...? Of course, like most other things, a section of the Bohs support couldn't help themselves from copying the incursions.

It's obvious that there should be an exemption for all celebrations caused by last-minute winners or equalisers.:) Any pitch invasions at any other time (including after the game is over which is really stupid and annoying and Pats have been one of the worst offenders unfortunately) should be punished by massive fines and/or points deduction.

WTF are you on about? Boez have been at that for years. Rtengland used to show them piling over railings as part of the intro to their very very occasional shows on the league.

KOH

Roverstillidie
19/04/2006, 5:37 PM
OK, that's an exaggeration but would any game in the first division justify a pitch invasion from their fans to celebrate going from 2-0 down to 2-1 down like they used to do in the Premier...?.

like pats used to do when anyone cared about them? what a bizarre post, everone always has to frame the reference against us. still the supporters you all want to be

Dodge
19/04/2006, 10:50 PM
Relax lads, he was taking the ****...