PDA

View Full Version : And these guys run football in this country

Block G Raptor
16/04/2006, 12:26 AM
http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=379
this is a [MOD EDIT: The censor is there for a reason. Don't do this again.] joke our own association cant get the names of one of the longest serving league player's and one of the most successfull underage internationals in recent time s correct

"Bohs strike force of Stephen Grant and Tony Ward:eek: were in lively form but they failed to find the composure needed to turn their good work to account and both wasted their scoring chances".

A face
16/04/2006, 1:27 AM
info@fai.ie

Dr.Nightdub
16/04/2006, 11:23 AM
In fairness Raptor, your lot were aiming for the touchline that often they could be forgiven for thinking Tony Ward was playing for youse.

pineapple stu
16/04/2006, 3:10 PM
The FAI don't write those reports. The SWAI (i.e. journalists do). The FAI just do a copy and paste job without reading them at all.

Which probably makes things worse...

Really can't understand how journalists can get players' names wrong. TV commentators - fair enough, they've to name the player immediately. Naming the wrong person (i.e. number 6 instead of number 8) - fair enough. But making upa player's name when you've got a teamsheet in front of you is ridiculous.

soccerc
16/04/2006, 11:38 PM
The FAI don't write those reports. The SWAI (i.e. journalists do).

Some claim that Stu, can you back it up? Never knew that the SWAI, as an organisation, contributed all the content to the FAi webite.

pineapple stu
17/04/2006, 4:38 PM
I e-mailed the FAI to complain about a piece about UCD which was in one of the match reviews. Pat Costello e-mailed back and apologised, but said they didn't write the reviews and that (I think) they took them from the SWAI or some other journalists. I never claimed they contributed all the website's content. I've deleted the e-mail since obviously.

milltown messer
18/04/2006, 3:10 PM
'The FAI don't write those reports. The SWAI (i.e. journalists do). The FAI just do a copy and paste job without reading them at all.'

Stu, not all the writers are in the SWAI and not all the writers who send in stuff to the fai are in the SWAI. Fact. The SWAI do nothing more than meet once a month for lunch.

pineapple stu
18/04/2006, 5:57 PM
SWAI was the name given to me. I qualified it (admittedly in my second post) by extending that to journalists in general. I'm not entirely well up on the SWAI and its workings, so I will stand corrected there if needs be. My main point is that the FAI do not write the reports and do not even bother to read over them for any sort of accuracy, acceptability or compliance with their own rules.

Milltown - if we were playing Family Fortunes and the question was "We asked 100 people to name the one thing most likely to make you disbelieve a post", my answer - and I'd say the top answer - would be the inclusion of the sentence "Fact." Fact.

superfrank
18/04/2006, 6:11 PM
Whatever happened to Stephen Grant anyway??

If what pineapple stu says is true, it really is a disgrace that that's the way they do their report on our league.

Speranza
18/04/2006, 6:39 PM
Grant retired to play golf I think.

Block G Raptor
18/04/2006, 9:53 PM
[MOD EDIT: The censor is there for a reason. Don't do this again.][/B]

sorry its just force of habit wont do it again

Ash
19/04/2006, 9:46 AM

If what pineapple stu says is true, it really is a disgrace that that's the way they do their report on our league.

I think he wanted to concentrate on his modeling jobs!

Schumi
19/04/2006, 11:45 AM
Is he not with Waterford this year?

NY Hoop
19/04/2006, 11:57 AM
Stephen doesnt need to work given his family connections. Plays golf and for you GAA enthusiasts check the programmes during the summer for him posing!

Left us in November 2004 but would certainly be an addition back. Hero of Odra:D

KOH

pineapple stu
19/04/2006, 12:27 PM
Is he not with Waterford this year?
Different Stephen Grant.

NY Hoop
19/04/2006, 1:27 PM
Gets a mention in the herag today! More journos reading the internet.

FAO of any "journos" its not Rovers fault.

KOH