PDA

View Full Version : Bohs and Shels ONLY teams to take on City

A face
15/04/2006, 9:56 PM
Rico has admited that Brays tactic used against City was brutal (http://corktrophycentre.com/audios/richardson114.mp3), Admir has said the same. (http://corktrophycentre.com/audios/softic.mp3)

Grasshopper 99
16/04/2006, 1:57 PM
What a load of crap. Bray got all the tactics right in man marking nearly all your players and were unlucky not to have won, Rico should be saying well done to mcnulty, he saved use, probably man of the match.

micls
16/04/2006, 2:17 PM
Teams will go out and play in whatever way gives them the best chance to get a result. There is nothing wrong with this and it is to be expected.

City need to learn how to deal with this and break these teams down as this is not going to change anytime soon

pineapple stu
16/04/2006, 2:59 PM
How can Rico admit something which he had nothing to do with?

A face
16/04/2006, 4:31 PM
How can Rico admit something which he had nothing to do with?

Well we'll know about the tactics, its not like that is in dispute (barr Brays fans will say anything to defend, they never admit anything is wrong) but the problem all along was Rico wouldn't comment. Doolin would always comment on how he sees thing and nothing is said that, so its not out of place for Rico to pass comment.

pineapple stu
16/04/2006, 5:30 PM
Never said he can't comment - but he can't "admit" it.

A face
16/04/2006, 6:44 PM
Never said he can't comment - but he can't "admit" it.

Yeah, i suppose you're right there but it just Rico never really comments on negative teams, and i'd agree to an extent ... you can only play your own games and do the best in them but i think hesright to say it out this time. That why i used the word admit but agreed, commented is a better word.

pineapple stu
16/04/2006, 8:19 PM
Rico only comments on negative teams!!! UCD, Bray, whatever other small club nicks a point off them - he throws an instant tantrum.

A face
17/04/2006, 2:05 AM
Rico only comments on negative teams!!! UCD, Bray, whatever other small club nicks a point off them - he throws an instant tantrum.

Jebus i dunno about that ..... have a listen here (http://corkcityfc.ie/audio.htm) and you'll see he doesn't say a word normally which is annoying at times when teams are blantantly playing shíte against us.

Bray played for a point at home ffs.

sligoman
17/04/2006, 2:06 AM
Jebus i dunno about that ..... have a listen here (http://corkcityfc.ie/audio.htm) and you'll see he doesn't say a word normally which is annoying at times when teams are blantantly playing shíte against us.

Bray played for a point at home ffs.Jaysus A face, 3:06am and yer still going on about it:p.

Speranza
17/04/2006, 10:22 AM
Why doesn't Rico give anyone respect. Alike Cork fans in general his opinion chnages every day. Rico should grow up and concentrate on getting Cork to score goals rather than bitching about other teams tactics.

wws
17/04/2006, 10:39 AM
do you guys actually listen to the audio or just go off on a mad one first?!?!

he said nothing controversial and basically said all he can do is look after his own team and how they react to teams closing them down

obviously they cant cope with though if the scoreline is anything to go by

Stevo Da Gull
17/04/2006, 6:10 PM
Yeah, Bray should be ashamed for trying to beat Cork using counter-atttacking football and almost sucseeding.

Next time we'll play to your strenghts shall we:rolleyes:

(This is'nt a go at Rico, it's a go at anyone who thinks that teams like Bray and UCD who try to win games by playing in whichever way we play is the wrong thing to do, we're entitled to play in any legal manner which we want if we believe it can win us the game, we can play 8-1-1 if we f***ing want).

Bottom line - we played a tight, counter attacking game and looked the more likely of the two to win it!

micls
17/04/2006, 6:27 PM
do you guys actually listen to the audio or just go off on a mad one first?!?!

he said nothing controversial and basically said all he can do is look after his own team and how they react to teams closing them down

obviously they cant cope with though if the scoreline is anything to go by

Exactly. He just mentioned that other teams don't seem to go out and attack. He didn't say they should do otherwise he said that City need to learn to cope with it. In nearly every interview he gives he concentrates on what City did wrong in these situations. So what if he mentions the other teams played defensively

razor
17/04/2006, 7:35 PM
As Champions the onus is entirely on City to come out and try and beat these lesser sides. If we can't then its something Rico needs sort out.

Roo69
18/04/2006, 9:10 AM

Bray played for a point at home ffs.

Face, as someone said in another post, you were nopt at the game so cannot comment of last Friday's match, and as i stated in another post the sources of your imformation to make a statement on the match are completely false. Your sounding very silly over at this stage.

A face
18/04/2006, 10:27 AM
Face, as someone said in another post, you were nopt at the game so cannot comment of last Friday's match, and as i stated in another post the sources of your imformation to make a statement on the match are completely false. Your sounding very silly over at this stage.

Look, we have given you a point and forfeited two ourselves in doing so, come on now, enough of this already. Its getting tiresome at this stage.

Roo69
18/04/2006, 10:32 AM
http://www.irishfootballonline.com/n...hp?newsid=4426

Zayed seemed certain to open the scoring for Bray just after the break but McNulty pulled off a stunning save to push away the striker’s point blank header. It was to be the story of the second half as McNulty spared the City blushes

Cork were totally out of ideas and they had faced enough scares to suggest a draw wouldn’t be the worst result on the night.

Lucky Lucky Cork, things are'nt looking good for the big cup final !

A face
18/04/2006, 10:49 AM

Any you would know ..... i saw your exit from the semis last year, ffs .... and least City have had the league in the bag when we bowed out. You swear you won the world cup when we gave you the point on Friday.

Roo69
18/04/2006, 10:52 AM
Any you would know ..... i saw your exit from the semis last year, ffs .... and least City have had the league in the bag when we bowed out. You swear you won the world cup when we gave you the point on Friday.

As i said...........

A face
18/04/2006, 10:55 AM
As i said ....

Its getting tiresome at this stage.

Shouldn’t you be worried about your mediocrity no ??

Roo69
18/04/2006, 10:57 AM
As i said ....

Shouldn’t you be worried about your mediocrity no ??

No not at all, im just stating a fact

A face
18/04/2006, 11:03 AM
No not at all, im just stating a fact

I used to think Bray were kinda insignificant but now i think i might even develop a dislike, i suppose its a step up now .... you being noticed, i mean ye are still dull !!

Roo69
18/04/2006, 11:12 AM
I used to think Bray were kinda insignificant but now i think i might even develop a dislike, i suppose its a step up now .... you being noticed, i mean ye are still dull !!

Excellent ! i feel like Georgie now, insignificant and disliked ! happy days :D

tiktok
18/04/2006, 12:24 PM
Dan Murray was interviewed on Radio1, he was taking it as a point gained, thought City were the better team, that Bray just packed the defence although he said that Bray had the better chances, albeit from long hoofs down the middle and it was thanks to McNulty we came away with a point in the end.

liamon
18/04/2006, 12:29 PM
TO be fair, we can't expect struggling clubs like Bray, UCD and DCFC to try and play football against us. If they did, they'd get torn apart most nights. They have a right to play any way they please in order to survive. Unfortunately, it doesn't help attract fans to the league if most of the teams play boring, defensive football.

Now, if a club at the top of the table (like Drogs) play us and spend the entire game just kicking our lads, and not trying to play ball, that would be something of interest......And I think Rico has commented on this in the past and was right to. Our top of the table teams have a duty to try and play attacking, attractive football in order to entertain the fans.