PDA

View Full Version : Colour Programme

Gaillimh Al
15/04/2006, 10:13 AM
Well done to all involved on the production of the full colour programme. Getting a mention in it as well, even though it was misspelt, was probably the highlight of my night, considering how poor the game was. Just a few points to mention:

1. Why no statistics page showing team lineouts and goalscorers for the seaon so far. We've had it for a few years and its a good thing to have.

2. Information on the away side should definelty be included. Nothing for the away fans to read about in the programme last night. A few pen pics or something like that.

3. Need to have more than 50% of the content actual reading material. I would not include the Rules & regulations and Mission statement in this, as it appears every game.

I am not trying to slate people and I understand its a hard job, but I was getting feedback off a Dundalk fan who said he wouldn't pay 2.50 for the programme again.

Patrick Dunne
15/04/2006, 10:30 AM
Dundalk people are notoriously tight.

There needs to be more content, that is true. Partly my fault, as I was supposed to do two articles and only did one. Gaillimh Al, would you be intererested in writing an article ? info@galwayunitedfc.ie is the e-mail address, all contributors welcome.

A stats page would be a great idea. We have always had one, but our stats expert, Pat Kelly, has taken a back seat in the running of the programme. Again if anyone is interested ..

Not too sure about the pen pics, though. Generally the information in these is basic enough, which away fans already know. An article about the opponents would be more interesting, I think ?

Supporters should realise that with all aspects of the club, its a team effort. If you feel that some aspect of the club is not up to standard and that you can in improve it, then step forward. Send me a pm, e-mail info@galwayunitedfc.ie, call Ronan Coleman at (087) 6972823 or call the Terryland office at (091) 767336.

Everyone has his or her part to play.

hamish
15/04/2006, 10:50 AM
Dundalk people are notoriously tight.

There needs to be more content, that is true. Partly my fault, as I was supposed to do two articles and only did one. Gaillimh Al, would you be interested in writing an article ? info@galwayunitedfc.ie is the e-mail address, all contributors welcome.

A stats page would be a great idea. We have always had one, but our stats expert, Pat Kelly, has taken a back seat in the running of the programme. Again if anyone is interested ..

Not too sure about the pen pics, though. Generally the information in these is basic enough, which away fans already know. An article about the opponents would be more interesting, I think ?

Supporters should realise that with all aspects of the club, its a team effort. I you feel that some aspect of the club is not up to standard and that it should be done better, then step forward. Send me a pm, e-mail info@galwayunitedfc.ie, call Ronan Coleman at (087) 6972823 or call the Terryland office at (091) 767336.

Everyone has his or her part to play.

Hi Patrick amigo!!
I'd find it hard to criticise anyone compiling an EL club programme - did it for 6years with Athlone and it was a nightmare - there were enjoyable parts to the task no doubt but getting advertising and making sure printers had it ready on time and spending hours checking their misprints, omissions and God knows what else. Oh Sweet Jesus.
Now, we have all colour programmes in the EL.:) Is it due to competition between printers, new technology etc??? I remember being quoted £1000 (yeah PUNTS:eek:) for ONE colour page in the Town programme. Cover was colour alright but any other page in colour -a thousand quid.

Congratulations to GUFC programme-people for your talent, stamina and endeavour.

Gaillimh Al
15/04/2006, 10:56 AM
Will rummage the brain and try to come back to you with something........how about a quiz as well, a few tricky football questions? Something to ponder at half-time?

Patrick Dunne
15/04/2006, 11:03 AM
John Devlin was doing it last year, must try to get it up and going again.

General opinion articles are always wanted - anything about GUFC, EL or world football.

geezer
15/04/2006, 2:07 PM
its a considerable improvement and no one should ever under estimate the effort and hassle. Its up their now with the best programmes in the league
but the team P and D need help regulary its well worth the €2.50
what do u get nowadays for that

Tribesman
15/04/2006, 8:59 PM
Fantastic to have a colour programme, very professional looking. Well
done to the programme team.

As P Dunne said, all contributions are welcomed by the programme team.
;)

Paddyfield
15/04/2006, 10:06 PM
Thw correct email address for emailing the match programme editor is paul@galwayunitedfc.ie

Terry
18/04/2006, 7:33 AM
I will give it a shot at doing the stats. What is the deadline for sending the info to Paul?

Patrick Dunne
18/04/2006, 9:19 AM
Its normally 6.00pm on the Sunday before the home game.

Battery Rover
18/04/2006, 1:15 PM
Your programme looked excellent. The only complaint that I would have about it is that there wasn't anything to interest the away support in it.

How about reports from classic games between the two clubs involved and maybe something on players that have played for both club in the form of an interview

There are enough of us on here and this could be something that would benifit all clubs programmes. We could set up ties between supporters clubs and any given week a member of the away support could be interviewed. A list of set questions could be passed round.

Paddyfield
18/04/2006, 8:20 PM
Your programme looked excellent. The only complaint that I would have about it is that there wasn't anything to interest the away support in it..

There was a match report entitled When Last We Met from the last meeting between Da Town & GUFC. Also, a certain Dublin based member of Foot.ie was supposed to write a bit about Athlone but didn't (Hi JW!)

PS A note to PD. The deadline of 6pm Sundays is actually 6pm Sundays and not 3am Monday morning. The match programme editor informed that you are not so punctual ;)