PDA

View Full Version : Cup Final - Boycott berties boozer

redgav
14/04/2006, 2:57 PM
Not sure if many people know this but after the draw in Tolka at the end of last season ,Fagans bar refused entry to City fans after the game..both doors locked with a load of bouncers and point blankly refused entry for city fans ...this after they enjoyed the revenue of a packed bar with absoloutly no trouble for most of the day before the game....If they want to treat city fans as badly as this ,why should we give them our money before the game ???

Kennedy's bar is 2 doors up ,its cheaper beer,better service ,and they don't have problems with fans having a few beers before or after the game....Lot of us Exiles will meeting there before the game instead...anyone else wants to do the same is more than welcome

A face
14/04/2006, 4:52 PM
Yeah, knew about that alright .... staying miles away from it.

drummerboy
15/04/2006, 10:38 AM
Fagans have a very peculiar policy regarding football fans or indeed players. The owner is a staunch GAA man from Limerick. I drink their regularly, being a local, I didn't realise this happened to Cork fans. Last summer the place was heaving with Linfield fans signing their usual war chants, much to the annoyance of many locals who have since abandoned the place, because they themselves are unable to sing when in the mood. The only time I seen the doors locked was when Rovers were playing in Tolka.

redgav
15/04/2006, 1:27 PM
Fagans have a very peculiar policy regarding football fans or indeed players. The owner is a staunch GAA man from Limerick. I drink their regularly, being a local, I didn't realise this happened to Cork fans. Last summer the place was heaving with Linfield fans signing their usual war chants, much to the annoyance of many locals who have since abandoned the place, because they themselves are unable to sing when in the mood. The only time I seen the doors locked was when Rovers were playing in Tolka.

I used be a regular there too ,sure the same night when I was trying to get in there ,I actually knew the Bouncer as he used work next door in kennedys and had defected to fagans...he was gonna leave us in as he knew me when chief black jacket told him no...fĂșck em,they've lost my regular business and those I usually drink with in there..I'll not set foot inside there again ...There was absoloutly nothing out of the way going on in there pre-game,everyone was just getting food and bevvies ,I don't even remember much singing going on ,and to lock the doors after the game like that to city fans was a disgrace ...there was at least 40 exiles there that nite that ended up in kennedy's afterwards till closing ......thats where my money will go in future

James
15/04/2006, 1:29 PM
i was in there beforehand too and nothing at all went on in fagans that would have merited them closing their doors to city fans. I had some food in their and a couple of pints pre-game as did alot of city fans,, and im def not going back in there again before a match after their carryon

kennedy's for me now too

A face
15/04/2006, 1:54 PM
Anyone travelling by bus or train should explain what happened. IMO not one City fan should ever go threre again.

yiddo
15/04/2006, 8:17 PM
Anyone travelling by bus or train should explain what happened. IMO not one City fan should ever go threre again.

Well said. I was there before the Shels game and it was heaving. Great atmosphere and not an ounce of trouble. Didn't go there afterwards and couldn't believe what happened.

"Spread the word. Stay away from Fagans and support Kennedys"

Peadar
18/04/2006, 3:25 PM
This (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?p=387594#post387594) is where it all started.

I was up there a few weeks ago when Rovers were playing Galway and Kennedy's had their doors locked but Fagans were open.

I'd rather walk up to the Cat & Cage before encouraging City lads to spend money in Fagans.

harry crumb
19/04/2006, 8:52 PM
Mixed up there Peadar.

Peadar
20/04/2006, 8:56 AM
Mixed up there Peadar.

How so?
I had to watch City v Bohs in Fagans as a result.