PDA

View Full Version : Block Booking Waiting List

Jon'o
10/04/2006, 7:52 PM
Just got a letter from the FAI saying they gave put me on their waiting list for block booking, im aprox 1915 or something.

roughly how long has other people had to wait before being offered tickets, im guessing croke park would mean that some on the waiting list would be offered tickets for a while?

tetsujin1979
11/04/2006, 12:02 AM
I joined it about 2 and a half years ago, and I was offered tickets for the first time to the Sweden game, got my form for the Chile and Holland games last week

Bluetonic
11/04/2006, 7:43 AM
Just got a letter from the FAI saying they gave put me on their waiting list for block booking, im aprox 1915 or something.

roughly how long has other people had to wait before being offered tickets, im guessing croke park would mean that some on the waiting list would be offered tickets for a while?

I'd say if/when Croke Park come on the scene they'll offer people on the waiting list tickets making it clear that they'll go back onto a waiting list if/when playing in another stadium deems that there isn't enough capacity to satisfy the list.

Kingdom
11/04/2006, 12:32 PM
I'm in the same position as Tets. I got my form for the first time for the Swedish game and got another one last week for the Chile game. I'd imagine we'll get offers for the croker games but as soon as games revert we will go back onto a waiting list (unless people stop taking tickets when the games are on in Croker).

jbyrne
11/04/2006, 12:50 PM
the new lansdowne will have 50,000 compared to 34,000 currently for internationals so i would imagine that most if not all on the waiting list will be able to block book from croke park on. even if the new landsdowne stadium is never built we will never be back there. watch it crumble when they stop maintaining it. rumour has it that the terraces only have a yr or two left in any case

beautifulrock
11/04/2006, 1:09 PM
I too am in the same position as Kingdom and Tets, first offer for tickets was Sweden and now got the other two. However, I am about 1200 in the waiting list. My hope is that we should be far enough up the list to get on the block booing for Croker. However, I am certain they will not want to have a situation where people are moved off the list when we move back to the new stadium and will take this into account when they revise the block booking list next time around.

joema
11/04/2006, 1:13 PM
Im on the block booking scheme and never turned down tickets but i didnt get a letter for the holland and chilie games - should i be worried?

Docboy
11/04/2006, 2:33 PM
I'm also on the list was at 1,100 the last time that I checked. As far as I'm aware the offer of tickets for the friendlies are nothing to do with it and we are only being contacted as they have our details and know that we have a big interest in seeing the side. Personally, I've been turning them down as at the mo I buy off a blockbooker who's been looking after me for the last few years and rather than **** him off I'll wait for the call.

Kingdom
11/04/2006, 2:41 PM
That seems like a bit of a contradiction docboy "we are only being contacted as they have our details and know that we have a big interest in seeing the side" yet you refuse their offer????
I'm not willing to take the risk of passing up tickets for competitive games. My advice would be take their offer. You will always find someone to sell the tickets onto.

Schumi
11/04/2006, 2:42 PM
Im on the block booking scheme and never turned down tickets but i didnt get a letter for the holland and chilie games - should i be worried?
Yes. Ring them. I got mine a week ago.

beautifulrock
11/04/2006, 4:34 PM
Interesting approach Doc, so are you saying you turned down the tickets for Sweden and you have now got the letter offering you the Chile/Holland tickets. I am under the impression once you turn down tickets you are off the list. As it happens am more than happy to get the chance to theses games and am keeping my fingers crossed for the qualifiers.

$Leon$
13/04/2006, 4:27 PM
Does anyone know what the capacity of Croke Park will be for international matches?
Will FIFA and UEFA allow the use of Hill 16 as a terrace or put bucket seats on it or will it be just left vacant?

jbyrne
13/04/2006, 4:48 PM
Does anyone know what the capacity of Croke Park will be for international matches?
Will FIFA and UEFA allow the use of Hill 16 as a terrace or put bucket seats on it or will it be just left vacant?

dont know how true this is but i heard that they would be putting temp seating in for big internationals. terrace apparently was built to allow temp seats be installed. would probably be used for away fans if it was available.

joema
13/04/2006, 9:43 PM

AFAIK Hill 16 is deemed too steep for the installation of temporary seating

onenilgameover
13/04/2006, 10:28 PM
AFAIK Hill 16 is deemed too steep for the installation of temporary seating

listening to john delaney a few weeks ago he gave the impression that there would be fans on the hill....i'm open to correction. There has been alot of discussion on this but i'm not sure the situation is clear..

joema
14/04/2006, 10:18 AM
listening to john delaney a few weeks ago he gave the impression that there would be fans on the hill....i'm open to correction. There has been alot of discussion on this but i'm not sure the situation is clear..

You could well be right, I cant really remember where I heard the hill was too steep

joema
14/04/2006, 10:18 AM
Yes. Ring them. I got mine a week ago.

Rang them and got them

Forever Dreamin
15/04/2006, 10:23 PM
Hill 16 has been designed to allow for temporary seating, however isnt one of the problems with Lansdowne that FIFA and UEFA wont allow temporary seating any longer?

deego11
25/04/2006, 12:15 PM
Interesting approach Doc, so are you saying you turned down the tickets for Sweden and you have now got the letter offering you the Chile/Holland tickets. I am under the impression once you turn down tickets you are off the list. As it happens am more than happy to get the chance to theses games and am keeping my fingers crossed for the qualifiers.

Nah the friendly matches have nothing to do with the list. Im on the waiting list about 6 years and they always offer me friendly tickets but I get them from a local club at the mo so never take the friendly tickets from the FAI and they still always send me applications for each friendly.

Forever Dreamin
25/04/2006, 12:45 PM
Nah the friendly matches have nothing to do with the list. Im on the waiting list about 6 years and they always offer me friendly tickets but I get them from a local club at the mo so never take the friendly tickets from the FAI and they still always send me applications for each friendly.

You'r mad to take themn from the club if they dont get you the tickets for the qualifiers. When it comes to allocating tickets to people on the waiting list you can be guaranteed they will go by your record of purchasing tickets for the friendlies,
By buying them from a club you are helping them keep an allocation that they can control and as has often happened in the past there is a chance you will be shafted when theres a complete sell out like the Brazillians

beautifulrock
25/04/2006, 2:58 PM
Deego I think that explains why you are on the waiting list for over 6 years. Have you asked the FAI what number on the list you are recently?

NeilMcD
25/04/2006, 3:05 PM
IF you get offered tickets by the FAI take them I progressed from waiting list by taking tickets for every game including friendlies. If you ever refuse a ticket you go back down the bottom of the list. The only way to get on the block booking list is to keep taking tickets. If you wann guarantee yourself tickets for every game keep taking tickets from the FAI regardless of the fact ifyou can go or not.

deego11
27/04/2006, 12:37 PM
You'r mad to take themn from the club if they dont get you the tickets for the qualifiers. When it comes to allocating tickets to people on the waiting list you can be guaranteed they will go by your record of purchasing tickets for the friendlies,
By buying them from a club you are helping them keep an allocation that they can control and as has often happened in the past there is a chance you will be shafted when theres a complete sell out like the Brazillians

Oh right never thought of that thanks!:eek: better start buying them from the FAI so! :)

deego11
27/04/2006, 12:43 PM
Just seeing these replies now. Have only just enquired where I am on the list thought it was a bit suspicious. I was in oz for a yr and a half 3 yrs ago which is when they only started offering me tickets and didnt take any tickets at all during that time so it probably means I havent moved up the list at all. :eek:
Ill be taking all the tickets they offer me from now on thanks.