PDA

View Full Version : Ardal O'Hanlon - Legend!

Neil
12/06/2002, 8:55 AM
Here is an extract from the Johnny Vaughan show at the weekend - for those of you who missed it:

JV: Ardal, many congratulations on the late goal against the Germans (cue much cheering among predominantly English audience).

AO: Cheers Jonny, it was a great occasion for us (cue more subdued cheering this time).

JV: So Ardle, could you please answer this burning question 'why, given that we English are always delighted to see the Irish team do well, do the Irish fans dislike the English so much?!!' (cue a collective
inquisitive 'yeah?' from the audience).

AO: Well, Jonny I'd say that was more down to the 800 years of repression to which you've subjected our people and that fact that you still occupy 6 counties in our country than anything else!!!!!

(cue one guy standing and clapping his hands as loud as he possibly could amid the flying tumbleweed!)

pete
12/06/2002, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Neil
AO: Well, Jonny I'd say that was more down to the 800 years of repression to which you've subjected our people and that fact that you still occupy 6 counties in our country than anything else!!!!!

I presume that was tongue in cheek given he on a english show? ;)

For first time ever i kinda decided not to begrudge the english their success as long as we doing well to. Must be the 800 years of opression built into the genes or something but its hard work not wishing england lose. I think the first step will be not jumping up & cheering if england conceed a goal.

:D

gwanyagoodting
12/06/2002, 1:27 PM
I thought it was funny when he talked about his feelings about the Keane incident-

''I was really confused; I didn't know whether to call by (new-born) son Mick or Roy!''

When asked what he eventually called his son-

''El- Hadji!!''