PDA

View Full Version : Car Break ins - Roxboro Yesterday

JohnD
07/04/2006, 1:31 PM
Hi there:

Hate to be the bearer of more bad news but several Cars were broken into yesterday at the rear of the Roxboro Shopping centre. One eircom employee was the victim and a laptop was stolen from a closed boot via the back seat. He was monitored by the Hoodies entering the parking area so DO NOT PARK THERE. This is the Club's designated parking area and it is NOT SAFE. The Gardai have the video but can do nothing about these scumbags.(Why ??)

I have said this on several occasions, in fact am sick of saying it. Cars are not safe in this area. Try and park nearer Rathbane

This is not a joke . It adds further credence to what I have been slated for saying here all week.

Up the Blues

JohnD

sligoman
07/04/2006, 1:32 PM
Roxboro shopping centre, that's where I was parked when in Limerick:eek:. Seemed quiet enough then...

The openout kid
07/04/2006, 3:02 PM
Guys, The development going on behind Roxboro Swimming pool- What is it and is it LFC related????

JohnD
11/04/2006, 8:28 AM
15 Cars broken into in Rathbane over the Weekend. I should know , a mate lives in one of the houses on the Childers' rd side. Windows Smashed and stuff taken from all.

Can I ask once more that the Football Club reinstate the Seure Parking arrangements that were in place prior to the change in Security firm last year.
All it takes is a steward or two , one in Rathbane area and one in the Roxboro Shopping centre to monitor things.It would look good from the Club's point of view and also reassure fans

gael353
11/04/2006, 8:34 AM
15 Cars broken into in Rathbane over the Weekend. I should know , a mate lives in one of the houses on the Childers' rd side. Windows Smashed and stuff taken from all.

Can I ask once more that the Football Club reinstate the Seure Parking arrangements that were in place prior to the change in Security firm last year.
All it takes is a steward or two , one in Rathbane area and one in the Roxboro Shopping centre to monitor things.It would look good from the Club's point of view and also reassure fans

On MATCH nights the club have security in the SC. Other nights are of no concern to us in a broader sense. In Thomondgate there were upward of 20+ cars broken into or smashed up over the weekend, but this is a Garda problem pretty much like the one in Rathbane.

JohnD
11/04/2006, 8:37 AM
Thanks Gael :

So can we take it that the Club will be responsible for all the Cars park in a designated area tonight in the Shopping centre ? and where is this area ?

fc hammer
11/04/2006, 11:48 AM
Thanks Gael :

So can we take it that the Club will be responsible for all the Cars park in a designated area tonight in the Shopping centre ? and where is this area ?

i may be wrong but, parking in any car park is at the car owners risk!!

CollegeTillIDie
11/04/2006, 12:15 PM
i may be wrong but, parking in any car park is at the car owners risk!!

On my last visit to Rathbane, admittedly back in the 1990´s visiting cars were allowed park inside the ground, if they got their early enough!

fc hammer
11/04/2006, 2:50 PM
On my last visit to Rathbane, admittedly back in the 1990´s visiting cars were allowed park inside the ground, if they got their early enough!

thats correct college tillidie, but as far as i gather you have to be the owner of a season
ticket nowadays to park in there!!