The greedy pigs are taking rovers to court over Tallaght
Scum is all they are

sligoman
07/04/2006, 11:39 AM
Excuse me while I laugh...

:D:D.

Magicme
07/04/2006, 11:41 AM
Hey thats not funny....for the sake of the League we need projects like Tallaght to go ahead to offer a better viewing facility for the supporters of eL.

Dricky
07/04/2006, 11:56 AM
Grab All Association, and they wonder how they got that nick name

Raheny Red
07/04/2006, 12:14 PM

:mad:

As much as i hate Rovers this is not good but your post is childish and pointless!

WeAreRovers
07/04/2006, 12:19 PM
Just more posturing and bluffing from the redneck bully boys.

http://www.aimoo.com/forum/postview.cfm?id=606830&CategoryID=362984&startcat=1&ThreadID=2491693

KOH

Dodge
07/04/2006, 12:23 PM
Just more posturing and bluffing from [/url]

Well if we're talking posturing and bluffing yourselves and the BSC would be grand champions... ;)

Best of luck to the GAA

sligoman
07/04/2006, 12:28 PM
Best of luck to the GAAI would like to echo Dodge's words;).

Shouldn't this be in the Shams forum or other sports(GAA) even?:confused:.

Billy Lord
07/04/2006, 12:35 PM
Colm Keys in the Indo - is he paid by Danny Lynch or Tony O'Reilly? More lies and nonsense from a GAA media cheerleader. If it wasn't so pathetic it would be funny.
Is soother-throwing an Irish or foreign game?

Raheny Red
07/04/2006, 12:40 PM
From the Reds Independent forum (http://www.redsindependent.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=727)

I think mark O'Neill Cummins summed it up perfectly:

"If South Dublin County Council were
building a house for a homeless family,
with public money, you wouldn't expect
the neighbours to take the council to
court for not letting them move in and
for not adding on a shed with room for
a pool table."

Speranza
07/04/2006, 12:51 PM
How can fans of an LoI team laugh at this. This issue should go beyond rivalries as it illustrates how the GAA and other oganisations think they can walk all over football clubs. Good luck Rovers!

Terry
07/04/2006, 12:58 PM
How can fans of an LoI team laugh at this. This issue should go beyond rivalries as it illustrates how the GAA and other oganisations think they can walk all over football clubs. Good luck Rovers!

I agree 100%. Sad, Sad people who would rather see the GAAAAA succeed ahead of Rovers.

fergalr
07/04/2006, 12:59 PM
Nice one - I was beginning to dispair about the mentality of fans of other EL clubs based on some of the other postings.

pete
07/04/2006, 1:05 PM
I don't anyone delights in this as its just Pats fans trying to prevent themselves being moved to Tallaght.

Its in the interest of all eL clubs that Rovers get into Tallaght as it raises the standard of the league overall & might help other clubs get funding to their own stadiums.

The GAA are certainly unique in the world alright.

Anyone know of the legal details?

BohDiddley
07/04/2006, 1:16 PM

Certainly not excused, unless you are pleading insanity.
I don't see any basis for hilarity here. Some Pat's fans might have a rather short-sighted reason to celebrate, but the main thrust of this is a shameless attempt to keep football under the GAA boot. Not much to snort at there.

Edit: no doubt the cute hoors will find some way of making the taxpayer pay for their lawyers.

WeAreRovers
07/04/2006, 1:33 PM
In fairness to Dodge he has his own agenda, as twisted as it is. If I was in Pats shoes I'd probably take the same ridiculous stance. ;)

As for sligoman, it's folly of the highest order for any eL fan to assume that the GAA is only out to scupper Tallaght. They hate all of us equally.

KOH

Dodge
07/04/2006, 1:35 PM
Some Pat's fans might have a rather short-sighted reason to celebrate,
My reason is very much a long term reason, and has been well documented here and elsewhere.

And on the broader topic, so what if a couple of people put club pettiness ahead of "Irish football as a whole"?

Mr_T
07/04/2006, 2:09 PM
Sickening and cynical stuff from the South Dublin GAA.

Can't believe they won't let this go, seriously diminishing any shreds of respect I had for the organisation, and something I'llbe pointing out to any GAA mates who try to take high moral ground about Croke Park, or indeed anything.

Hope the courts back the minister and throw the b@stards out of court.

TG

seand
07/04/2006, 2:21 PM
Tis a bigger issue than just a Rovers issue. The GAA are showing their true colours, they are anti-football (soccer!), pure and simple.

Of course if the GAA do bully their way into Tallaght, its only logical that all clubs will have the right to bully their way in wherever they like, so hows about this for a fixture list...

Cork City v Longford Town, Pairc Ui Chaoimh
Shelbourne v Bray Wanderers, Parnell Park
Limerick FC v Dundalk, Thomond Park
Linfield v Glentoran, Casement Park
Dublin City v UCD, Croke Park

pete
07/04/2006, 2:25 PM
If this was succeed it would mean the state could not fund horse & dog racing exclusively without allowing access from other sports bodies.

Mr A
07/04/2006, 2:27 PM
Dublin City v UCD, Croke Park

I hope they put that one on TV!

The GAA haven't a leg to stand on, and if they are stupid enough to go ahead with these threats (for that is all they are at the moment it would seem) it'll just cost them a lot of money and expose their small-mindedness. They can do serious harm to Rovers by causing delay though, but after all that's happened there's little doubt they'd survive.

Bald Student
07/04/2006, 2:27 PM
Dublin City v UCD, Croke ParkThanks but I think Dalymount is probably big enough for the moment.

Bald Student
07/04/2006, 2:30 PM
I hope they put that one on TV!

The GAA haven't a leg to stand on, and if they are stupid enough to go ahead with these threats (for that is all they are at the moment it would seem) it'll just cost them a lot of money and expose their small-mindedness. They can do serious harm to Rovers by causing delay though, but after all that's happened there's little doubt they'd survive.That's the nail on the head. The GAA are taking a judicial review of the planning application from last December, I think. There is no way that they'd win this particular case so it is purely to delay the process.

NY Hoop
07/04/2006, 2:32 PM
I would like to echo Dodge's words;).

Shouldn't this be in the Shams forum or other sports(GAA) even?:confused:.

Shouldnt you be in school? Who are shams?

KOH

Jerry The Saint
07/04/2006, 3:28 PM
"If South Dublin County Council were
building a house for a homeless family,
with public money, you wouldn't expect
the neighbours to take the council to
court for not letting them move in and
for not adding on a shed with room for
a pool table."

That's an awfully clunky analogy. How about if the council built a halting site and you took them to court because they wouldn't let you park your own caravan there whenever you felt like a holiday:confused:

I still think the best comparison yet is the swimming pool/tennis court one from this site that was thieved by the Star.

Schumi
07/04/2006, 3:50 PM
no doubt the cute hoors will find some way of making the taxpayer pay for their lawyers.
The gaa or Rovers? ;)

Mr A
07/04/2006, 3:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BohDiddley
no doubt the cute hoors will find some way of making the taxpayer pay for their lawyers.
The gaa or Rovers?

The GAA obviously. Rovers will find an entirely legal way of paying them a small percentage of what they're owed.

Niall
07/04/2006, 4:04 PM
There's another thread on this forum on ways to improve the LOI. Unfortunately the existence of the GAA and their stance on the foreign game or specifically the foreign game played in Ireland (as most of them seem to have a Celtic, Man U or a Liverpool Jersey somewhere in their closet and doesn't seem to bother them at all) is one of the reasons I'm afraid to say the LOI will not improve to the height of its potential

Mental Man
07/04/2006, 5:29 PM
As a LOI supporter i am absolutely disgusted to see whats happening with the GAA taking rovers to court, if this is let happen it would possibly set a precedent all over the country, these bigots must be stopped, the minister must stand up to these bully boys now, tpyical of the muck savages in the GAA, as a protest i think anybody who has any interest in this case should send a letter or start a pretition to the minister and show that its not just rovers and that all LOI supporters are behind rovers getting in to tallaght.
Its imperative that rovers do such that and build itself back up cos it can only be good for the league and its profile.
Some of the replies that i have seen here from sligo and pats fans are nothing but childish, obvioulsy they dont have a clue on the possible wider implications of this if the GAA get their way with the minister cos as we all know Fianna Fail and the GAA are like a mafia.
I am 100% behind rovers on this 1, love to see them get into tallaght and show up the GAA for what they really are !!!

chippie0001
07/04/2006, 6:18 PM
The Gaa want everything and want no one else to get anything. Its as simple as that, they will probably try and object to Lansdowne as well when push comes to shove. The government have looked after the GAA more than any other sporting body in the country and in fairness to them they have used the money well. The facilities they provide for kids are second to none and well LOI clubs have a history of spending the grants they got unwisely.

The GAA also have a point in that their own grounds are generally only part funded and they have to riase their own cash, in this instance the goverment seem to be building the whole project.

However football needs this and its vital that this does not get held up in court. Rovers will be the main losers if this happens but we will all lose as yet again it will show the GAA that they can hold us back as long as they want.

BohDiddley
07/04/2006, 7:44 PM
The GAA obviously. Rovers will find an entirely legal way of paying them a small percentage of what they're owed.
GH, you've got your quotes muxed ip.

BohDiddley
07/04/2006, 7:46 PM
Legal question: in the unlikely event that the GAA win this, does it expose them to counter-claims from football at national and local level?
It'd be great if the legions of kids who have to change in the rain could use all those swanky GAA clubhouses by right.

Patrick Dunne
07/04/2006, 8:00 PM
It is not uncommon for GAA teams to use football clubs facilities for training.
For example, in Galway, the GAA have little or no all-weather facilities.
Teams like Salthill/Knocknacarra and Liam Mellowes publicly acknowledge, in the local media, the use of the facilities of Salthill Devon and Mervue United.

I have never heard of any football club using GAA facilities for training.

If, as it seems, these bigots from South Dublin have the backing of "Croke Park", then the FAI should insist that none of their affiliates allow the GAA use of their facilities.

I am not anti-GAA, but as an Irish taxpayer and a supporter of the global game, I feel its time for us (the Irish football community) to make a stand. I would have no qualms about moving our international home games to the UK, out of Croke Pk, if this escalates.

This would be a major two fingers to the GAA, barstoolers, and the Joe Duffy brigade, in one fell swoop.

chippie0001
07/04/2006, 8:02 PM
Legal question: in the unlikely event that the GAA win this, does it expose them to counter-claims from football at national and local level?
It'd be great if the legions of kids who have to change in the rain could use all those swanky GAA clubhouses by right.

The only flaw I see in that is that the GAA projects are not fully funded by the government. The Tallaght stadium would be fully fundedby government money and I guess thats the angle the GAA are playing.

BohDiddley
07/04/2006, 8:06 PM
That's fair enough. But the more usual scenario is that the GAA has the clubhouse and football has the sideline, or even that GAA let their poor relations in. But if they win Tallaght, depending on the legal principle, doesn't it open the doors to every subsidised GAA facility, from Croker down, not on sufferance but by right?
Wouldn't that be sweet?

Roverstillidie
07/04/2006, 8:39 PM
The only flaw I see in that is that the GAA projects are not fully funded by the government. The Tallaght stadium would be fully fundedby government money and I guess thats the angle the GAA are playing.

but its not, rovers have put in 2m so far

pete
07/04/2006, 9:16 PM

That is one fact that the media fail to mention & its assumed that state is just buildimng a stadium for free. Rovers will still have to rent the ground & won't own it...?

If the GAA win this it could have serious implications around the country - If for example the FAI & IRFU got together in Cork & asked the local council to help fund a municipal stadium the GAA could wander in & get the ground made bigegr to fit their pitch & then they'd probably only use for a few events.

chippie0001
07/04/2006, 9:30 PM
Is that grant aid which originated from the Government, if not where did Rovers get €2m from?

Roverstillidie
07/04/2006, 10:15 PM
Is that grant aid which originated from the Government, if not where did Rovers get €2m from?

i believe 1m of the 4m in was grant aid. tut tut tut mr maguire. directors loans and mulden makes up the 2m

coislaoi
07/04/2006, 11:00 PM
I suspect there is a degree of posturing going on here from the 6 GAA clubs involved in the Tallaght area. Given O'Donoghue's comments (very surprising given his GAA background), they know they are on a loser in relation to the half finished stadium. They may well, imho, be engaging in brinkmanship in order to get more money to develop the 26 acres (over twice that of Tallaght) that they have in Rathcoole. The idea is to have a southside version of Parnell Park complete with floodlights and a stadium that could be used by a number of GAA clubs as well as the Dublin senior team.

It is clearly in the interest of all eircom league fans that Shamrock Rovers get to move into their new stadium (all petty rivalries aside).

Dodge
08/04/2006, 9:26 AM
It is clearly in the interest of all eircom league fans that Shamrock Rovers get to move into their new stadium (all petty rivalries aside).
How is it Pats interests? Particularly with regard to groundsharing

ifk101
08/04/2006, 9:51 AM
Am I getting it right in saying that the main argument being used by the GAA is that because that the percentage amount of state funding going into the stadium is so high that it should be open to other sports? If so they are most likely shooting themselves in the foot because there is no, to the best of my knowledge, national "argeement" stating that if state funding goes beyond a certain point other sports must be accommodated. If the GAA wins the case it sets a precedent in my mind that will lead to all sports facilities with any state money being forced, whether they like it or not, to open their facilities to other sports. That is, their rule 41 (or whatever it is) will be inconsistent with any ruling in the GAA favour and thus illegal to enforce. It could be also argued on this line that the GAA can't charge the FAI or the IRFU for use of Croke Park. Rather the state should be the recipient of those "rents".

coislaoi
08/04/2006, 12:36 PM
How is it Pats interests? Particularly with regard to groundsharing

Where did I mention St Pats? I'm talking about the good of the league as a whole.

TonyD
09/04/2006, 5:35 PM
Where did I mention St Pats? I'm talking about the good of the league as a whole.

And Pats aren't part of the league ? I can see where Dodge is coming from, even if I might not go that far myself. Clearly, Rovers getting into Tallaght(and the GAA told to keep their sweaty paws off) is a good thing. However, if the GAA screwing things up is the only thing that keeps Pats out of Tallaght, well, you can see the dilemna. Pats fan are entitled, as are all supporters, to put their own team first. Don't know if people generally realise this, but seemingly Pats have been told that they will receive no more grant money if they chose to stay in Richmond. Would any of you be happy to see your club being bullied in a such a disgusting way ?