PDA

View Full Version : The Streets 3rd album

anto1208
06/04/2006, 10:14 AM
any one heard it ive only heard 2 songs one is the current single which i didnt think much of at the start but the lyrics are actually quite good as allways , and its now growing on me the second was amazing , really slow mellow song blew me away . but ive heard mixed reviews so far .

anyone heard the full thing what did they think is it worth buying ?

Magicme
06/04/2006, 10:30 AM
I think the first single was so disappointing. Such a pity. It wrecks my head. Like the streets tho.

Pauro 76
06/04/2006, 1:23 PM
Didnt really like the 2nd album so much, a bit overrated IMO. Original Pirate Material was a cracker, but you can always relate more to the ‘poor me, im broke’ music than the ‘poor me, im rich and famous’ stuff. Nothing worse than rich people having a moan, which would put me off this album a bit, id copy it but not buy it. Incidentally who is the bird he’s talking about in ‘When You Wasnt Famous’, dying to know. Could be libellious, so not going to mention names. Apart from R----- S------.

Risteard
06/04/2006, 6:02 PM
That appears to be the internet consensus Pauro.
I thought the 2nd album was much better but i get what you're saying. Songs about being rich just aren't as good.
Not too impressed by the single but still gonna buy the album nonetheless.
class act.

anto1208
06/04/2006, 7:14 PM
its a tough one , whats worse rich famous people putting there lives into songs as he has allways done or rich famous people going on about being poor . how can a millionare sing about being broke ??

his albums have both been good im bored of the second one i think story albums get old quickly as you know the ending and the songs maybe arent as good as he tries to fit them in to make the story .first album is a cracker allright .

at least its something original in this world of kaiser chiefs, coldplay and 50 cent doing the same old stuff over and over again .

CollegeTillIDie
07/04/2006, 7:22 AM
Haven't heard the new one yet. However I think Mike Skinner was clever to brand himself as a "band" . In some ways being a solo artist can pigeon hole you into a certain style at times. Whereas bands are expected to evolve and change musically in some way in order to survive in the market place. This gives Mike as The Streets the scope to adapt and change his style over time in order to keep their present level of success. It is also from personal experience, better musically to be collaborating with a number of different people in your career to learn and develop both as a musician and as a songwriter.

Pauro 76
07/04/2006, 12:15 PM
He got a shocking 1/5 in today's Mirror music review and 2/5 in Q Magazine's review. would bad reviews put you off buying an album though?

anto1208
07/04/2006, 12:21 PM
He got a shocking 1/5 in today's Mirror music review and 2/5 in Q Magazine's review. would bad reviews put you off buying an album though?

not from Q ive found that if they dont like it its going to be good , when people that rate coldplay as band of the year tell you somehing is rubbish i tend not to listen .

allthough i dont read any music mags i tend to down load a album if its good ill go out and buy the original if not i delete it .

Hulsey
10/04/2006, 11:58 AM
I reckon its a pretty good album. Original pirate material is still the best though.

anto1208
10/04/2006, 2:52 PM
I reckon its a pretty good album. Original pirate material is still the best though.

that will do for me as long as it was someone who likes the streets saying its good ill get it .cheers

Docboy
10/04/2006, 5:18 PM
I got the new one there on Friday and having listened to it twice I have to agree with the reviewers and say its pants. Big fan of both of the first two and while I wouldn't let a review put me off I wish I had in this case. Steer clear.

anto1208
11/04/2006, 10:24 AM
I got the new one there on Friday and having listened to it twice I have to agree with the reviewers and say its pants. Big fan of both of the first two and while I wouldn't let a review put me off I wish I had in this case. Steer clear.

its a downloader so ??;)

Docboy
11/04/2006, 12:04 PM
Yep pal I wouldn't waste your hard earned readies. Was looking forward to it as tho they aren't really a live act the two previous studio albums hit the spot. This one is on about paranoia, not being able to do coke for fear of being caught on a camera phone, not exactly stuff that preoccupies the average man on the street!

anto1208
11/04/2006, 12:30 PM
i think Q said he has turned form every man into spoiled pop star in one album , but in fairness he has only written about his life so it only natural that he writes about being famous now he is .

id prefere him to moan about not being able to snort with camera phones than go on about being broke or trying to get a girl when he is a millionare that has loads of birds hanging off him !!.

at least he is being honest i like th enew single at the moment and there is one other top top quality song on it i can think of the name ill just have to wait and get it later .

Hulsey
12/04/2006, 10:36 AM
The cd advertised on the card yoke inside isn't bad either. The Mitchell Brothers- A Breath of Fresh Attire, same style of stuff. Quite funny too.

jebus
17/04/2006, 3:17 PM
Only heard three tracks off of it and its sounds decent enough. I'd say it won't be a patch on the first two, but some reviews have said that they reckon the album is a bit of a grower, so we'll have to wait and see.

As far as the pop star goes, apparantly its not Rachel Stevens according to the dirt sheets, so I'm gonna guess at Mylenne Klass

tetsujin1979
17/04/2006, 9:57 PM
As far as the pop star goes, apparantly its not Rachel Stevens according to the dirt sheets, so I'm gonna guess at Mylenne Klass
Could be anyone, I heard it was the one from the Derry in Girls Aloud

Risteard
17/04/2006, 10:07 PM
Heard him live on Channel 4 last night.
Was okay but a hard sort of thing to pull off live.
Being worse than the first two doesn't necessarily mean it's gonna be total cack.

anto1208
19/04/2006, 10:31 AM
i got the album anyway and Q review strikes again the old if Q hate it ill rate it theory strikes again , this is a very good album much closer to the first one than the second , some very clever lines good beats and typical streets stuff . it is a grower but have nt all of them so far been like that .

if you like the streets you ll love it if you dont then stay clear .

Block G Raptor
19/04/2006, 2:40 PM
Downloaded it the other day all i can say is LEGEND ! not really one bad track on it.

Block G Raptor
19/04/2006, 2:41 PM
Could be anyone, I heard it was the one from the Derry in Girls Aloud
Yep indeed it was the delectable miss coyle alright