PDA

View Full Version : how about

Tallaghtsaint
03/06/2001, 9:54 PM
a room to talk about music in ?

dahamsta
03/06/2001, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the suggestion Tallaghtsaint, but we're gonna try and keep it as soccer-related as possible. It is, after all, phootball.com[1]. :)

That said, I also have the domain name phorums.com, so if (enough) people request off-topic forums, I'd be delighted to set up another installation of vBulletin there. How about it soccer fans?

adam

[1] Although the final site name will be far better if I get my way!

The Legend
03/06/2001, 10:53 PM
Adam,

Although it betrays the national league a bit. If there was a section on english premiership teams, it would attract more people! Question is, do you want them?

Des.

Éanna
04/06/2001, 12:04 AM
I'd rather only 5 people visited the site than have any of that on it. I for one won't visit a site that has any reference to "that which is the eL's greatest enemy", and I wouldn't say I'm alon. PREMIERSHI* OUT!

dahamsta
04/06/2001, 12:37 AM
Ok first of all, phootball.com is not about the national league. The site is being set up first day as an all-inclusive Irish soccer site, and that means everything from the international team down as far as local pub teams. Granted, at the moment it looks like an NL site but that's because myself and Joe discussed it and decided the current forums would be the best to get things started. (I don't think we're doing too bad either, good job Joe! :)

But as the site expands we'll go with the laws of economics, supply and demand. So the First Division is lumped in with the Premier Division in a General National Leage forum at the moment, but if enough people come along and ask for a dedicated First Division forum, I'll set it up. And if enough Ramblers fans come along and ask for their own board, they'll get one too. If those forums are successful, they'll continue; if not, I'll turn 'em off.

However, we will stick inside the parameters I set first day, which is that the site is about Irish soccer. So if people want to talk about the Premiership, they'll have to do it elsewhere. There's plenty of .co.uk sites out there for 'em. :D

adam

Tallaghtsaint
04/06/2001, 10:55 AM
the way i see this is that this could be the "place" where El/Irish soccer fans "hang out".People talk about all sorts of things other than Football, i think there should be a room where EL fans can discuss other stuff e.g Music etc.A while ago there was some threads on music on the eircomleague.net board and they were probably the longest i've seen!
Basically this could be the place to be and stay here the need to leave and go to other mbs and discuss other topics would no longer exsist.Would that not be a good thing?

James
04/06/2001, 12:16 PM
those music threads were some of the more active ones since the season ended and are a good way to keeping the forum active during the off-season

james

Saint Ant
04/06/2001, 10:43 PM
Having a music forum is a good idea as us oldies can teach all you youngster's how good music was in the eighties, man!!!!

A face
05/06/2001, 2:02 AM
Saint Ant ..... i think you are wrong, or maybe just on sided, 'cos i thought the 80's were dead and were being stored high on a shelf in row Z of a dusty warehouse somewhere awaiting a lull in the music industry of a period, ammh, lets say 20 years where as a last resort, (you know, clutching at straws type effort) they try a revival stunt, (but even this just bring the words "crash" and "burn" to mind)

Basically, we all know the 90's were be far the cooler of the two, but then again .... this is just my opinion, but i will probably agree with you when the start trying to flogg 90's cd's on two bit shopping channels for couch potato americans. 'Cos then it gets bad, Oohh so bad.

No really, during the summer .... the music chat and the likes should keep it all going, banter and stuff, and when footie returns it will be replaced again, my tupence would be to leave it all be posted till people get familiar, all in tandem is a good recipe for chat and banter, but i think it should definitely stay Irish, no English footie at all, we all, well i would like to see it strengthen and prosper as a Nation league footie site and stand out on its own.

Maybe the northern league or pieces on irish players "out foreign", and the national team, to be honest there are so many sites with English footie and god knows what. sheeze ... you cant turn sideways, and all this ManU mania and liverpool fanatics are in your face, (or is that every barstool politican with an English shirt on with 20 reasons why my loyalty is in the wrong place, it should be hundreds of miles away to a town which i have no connection with other than sky sports, sorry, for me it ain't enough) to honest it is hard to get away from, Keep it Irish and keep it footie with a bit of banter is what will get my vote.

A face
05/06/2001, 2:15 AM
Adam ... i meant to sugget to you, well actually i am doing it now :-)

How about a link or something on the home page, just for a month or two, with a statment just out lining your policies and objectives, like and overview of where you would like to see the site a year down the road, you know "the bigger picture".
The reason i suggest this is to let visitors/future moderators see what is being done and let them see the opportunites (i just know that has got to be spelt wrong) of using this site/forum on their own sites, kinda like an introduction to people who are not aware as to what it is going to be.
Even like the welcome party, telling people their input is valued.

Like i said ... just a suggestion !!

dahamsta
05/06/2001, 11:52 AM
Thanks Face, I'm going to do that, but I want to see what people have to say tomorrow before I introduce anything new on the site. I'll be putting it to people about the music forum then too.

adam

A face
06/06/2001, 12:21 AM
Nice one Adam .... talk soon.