PDA

View Full Version : A Cork Football Magazine

Risteard
04/04/2006, 4:11 PM
Why don't we have one?
Was there not one called Spotter or something there a while back that was going well?
Obviously long gone but anyone know the reasons why and if there's anyone trying to get something similar going?
Did a couple of lads from here not contribute to it?

I say this cos i picked up a thing called Waterford Soccer Monthly down/across/over in JohnO'Shealand last week.
A fine publication it was too. :o
Complete with a politically incorrect page:) reporting on eh . . womens football.

So where the feck is ours?

A face
04/04/2006, 5:07 PM
There is definitely a market for one and whats more a need for one.

Spotter was a brilliant effort at it, three issues and all were quality. But the problem is .... money.

Any publication would want to be bankrolled for at least a year, even ideally two years. The magazine wont be kept going on just people buying it, its all about advertising OR investment (i.e. MFA invest in it for the first few years) and the magazine wont be kept going unless junior football realises that it needs to support the magazine before it gets established. Clubs and leagues need to make information available to get it all going.

Also .... i reckon you'd need something like 'a monthly column by Denis Irwin or Roy Keane' or something like that to capture the imagination of the public. That is one way for example those two could give it back to Cork/Munster football ..... if they every even thought of doing something like that :rolleyes:
You can bet John O'Shea is doing his part for the Blues.

Anyway ..... back on topic .... Munster Soccer is still going and organising behind the scenes, its up to people to pitch in and help out with it.