PDA

View Full Version : Mayo Football- 2006

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14

Ballina Town
11/10/2006, 10:36 PM
might try and get a number for mayo league sec.who is it.

red metal
12/10/2006, 8:15 AM
might try and get a number for mayo league sec.who is it.

Joe Butler is the chairman of the Mayo league and press officer!So im sure he would have a number for the league sec!Here is Joe,s number 087 8287147

Ballina Town
12/10/2006, 2:19 PM
Will try Joe

Spot Kick
12/10/2006, 6:20 PM
Joe Butler is the chairman of the Mayo league and press officer!So im sure he would have a number for the league sec!Here is Joe,s number 087 8287147
I do not think Joe will be too pleased to realise that he is back on the Mayo League as chairman or press officer.

Ballina Town
12/10/2006, 7:08 PM
was onto joe .b and john d. ..thanks red metal

red metal
12/10/2006, 11:47 PM

No problem!

Ron Bergundy
16/10/2006, 11:22 AM
Well Fahy and Swinford,season end almost here,What ye reckon?fahy going to get caught final day of the season or is it eitheir killala or Ballinrobe thats playing division one next season???Swinford going to manage to win their last three games and hope Achill and Glynns impessive claremorris somehow slip up taking Swinford back to the Super League???any premier players impressed ye this season??

swinfordfc
16/10/2006, 1:12 PM
Well Fahy and Swinford,season end almost here,What ye reckon?fahy going to get caught final day of the season or is it eitheir killala or Ballinrobe thats playing division one next season???Swinford going to manage to win their last three games and hope Achill and Glynns impessive claremorris somehow slip up taking Swinford back to the Super League???any premier players impressed ye this season??

To be honest, we just concentrate on our next game against Conn Rangers on Sunday next, hoping just to beat them and see then.
Best player this season by far is Glynn from Claremorris fine talent

Mad Moose
16/10/2006, 9:10 PM

Just wanted to say well done to Ballina Town yesterday in the FAI Junior Cup after their vist to Ballyvary yesterday. I have to say they looked very very good and I expect to see therm really put it up to Castlebar Celtic and Westport Utd next season. We were no match for them and they are quick, sharp and very very organised.Small wonder really, it was so obvious they were well drilled and in tune with one anothers movement.

All the best.Great having you over yesterday.

Ballina Town
17/10/2006, 5:31 PM
Nice to know our hard work is recognised.. all down to the gaffer, he has upped the standard. well done to the bombers, never gave up.

Thunderblaster
17/10/2006, 11:12 PM
I believe that the MAFL cracked the whip on the disciplinary issues concerning the recent AIB Mayo FA Cup final. Heard that Eoghan McHale and Gavin Dykes got four games each for their sending off, don't know about Kieran Hopkins for his red and I heard that some of the "supporters" at the game apparently got one to two year bans.

Mad Moose
18/10/2006, 8:39 AM
Nice to know our hard work is recognised.. all down to the gaffer, he has upped the standard. well done to the bombers, never gave up.

Realise I should have posted this in the Statoil FAI Junior Cup thread so apologies and I'm glad you found the message. Hadn't seen much of Ballina Town but I expect them to be up there challenging the 'big two' next season. Everything that was good about the game was on show, apart from us taking a mauling, youse are a credit to your club and I didn't expect I might ever be saying that so well done to everyone involved.I mean that as much based on discipline and fair play as I do on the standard of football you play.

Hope you get a good run in the competition.You'll put it up to a few decent sides.

Brendan

Mad Moose
18/10/2006, 8:43 AM
I believe that the MAFL cracked the whip on the disciplinary issues concerning the recent AIB Mayo FA Cup final. Heard that Eoghan McHale and Gavin Dykes got four games each for their sending off, don't know about Kieran Hopkins for his red and I heard that some of the "supporters" at the game apparently got one to two year bans.

If this is the case then fairplay to the MAFL. This kind of behaviour needed action once and for all and the restoration of a little bit of faith in the league.The MAFL needed to make a stand. Whether its supporters or players everyone has a responsibility and this is the kind of activity that is killing the game.Nobody wants to go and watch that kind of behaviour and it has got to put people off the game.

mossy
18/10/2006, 10:28 AM
If this is the case then fairplay to the MAFL. This kind of behaviour needed action once and for all and the restoration of a little bit of faith in the league.The MAFL needed to make a stand. Whether its supporters or players everyone has a responsibility and this is the kind of activity that is killing the game.Nobody wants to go and watch that kind of behaviour and it has got to put people off the game.

While I agree whole heartedly with your sentiments I think that the implementation of such measures is fraught with danger. A few queries may help.....
Can a league suspend a supporter ?
Can a League suspend a player from another jurisdiction ?
I ask these questions because the law in this country rests with the judiciary and as such these measures might be regarded as their domain, and I would suggest that any 'unqualified' organisation can not take away the civil liberties of any individual.
I firmly believe that a league cannot discipline a supporter - even a known individual. Their remit exists within the field of play ie players, management and officers. The only course open to the league would be to discipline a club for the behaviour of their so called supporters.
I presume some of these 'sentences' will now be appealed to CFA/FAI and going from previous cases the MAFL have overextended themselves no matter how right/wrong people may feel.
Let me also say that the MAFl could do diddle squat right in this case as they were damned if they did and damned if they didn't......
Lastly may I suggest Point deductions is the way to go. ie get their own players to discipline them......

Mad Moose
18/10/2006, 2:28 PM
While I agree whole heartedly with your sentiments I think that the implementation of such measures is fraught with danger. A few queries may help.....
Can a league suspend a supporter ?

Mossy I hadn't thought of this and the answer is no of course. In fact its ridiculous and I cant believe I overlooked it.Its not their responsibility.Its the clubs.I say this because I seen this at Finn Harps where a few supporters were banned from the club by the club for their behaviour. I know a league can discipline a club i.e impose a fine for the behaviour of its supporters as happens constantly even with regard pitch incursions in the eL. It would therefore have been the clubs responsibility to ban supporters.

So where does the Mayo League stand then in relation to their course of action. Just so surprised I overlooked their actions which have now seemingly gone from been blind eye to bang out of order if what they have done is in fact correct.

swift
20/10/2006, 12:12 AM
I was just wondering if ye thought the team of the year awards were a good thing? Who would be the teams that ye would pick from the divisions?

theboy
20/10/2006, 8:24 AM
Great to see the mayo league ating action, these celtic so called followers are well know for there crap on and off the pitch, so no harm for them not to be let near celtic games...

The following suspensions and sanctions were taken by the League Management Committee at a Disciplinary Meeting on 10th October 2006, following incidents during the AIB Cup Final on 1st October 2006

Kevin Ryan; Twelve (12) month suspension from all Castlebar Celtic games within the Mayo Association Football League, Connacht Cup, FAI Junior Cup, and Milebush Park for constant abuse to officials and opponents, effective from 1st October 2006
Stevie Ryan; Twelve (12) month suspension from all Castlebar Celtic games within the Mayo Association Football League, Connacht Cup, FAI Junior Cup and Milebush Park for constant abuse to officials and opponents, effective from 1st Ocrober 2006
Greg Whyte; Two (2) month suspension from all Castlebar Celtic games within the Mayo Association Football League, Connacht Cup, FAI Junior Cup and Milebush Park for abuse to officials, effective from 1st October 2006
Castlebar Celtic; For abuse to officials and opponents - are directed to play their first two (2) home games in season 2007 away, and are responsible for paying match officials fees, and are also fined E500.
Gavin Dykes (Castlebar Celtic); Four (4) match suspension for striking an opponent plus €30 fine
Owen McHale (Westport Utd); Four (4) match suspension for striking an opponent plus €30 fine
Kieran Hopkins (Castlebar Celtic); One (1) match suspension for second caution plus €30 fine

The Don
20/10/2006, 8:56 AM
Bloody hell !!!!!!

Thunderblaster
20/10/2006, 5:38 PM
How are the suspensions going to be enforced on these non-playing individuals?

renovater
20/10/2006, 8:02 PM
Firstly I offer The Mayo League to come on this site to defend there decision in the manner they have handed out the disciplinary action by them on Castlebar Celtic. And explain there reasons or at leased defend there position, however this is highly not lightly to happen. But at leased I have offered them the opportunity.
Some of the points that need to be cleared up

1. When did the Mayo League become the judiciary of Mayo?
My understanding is that only a barring order must be obtained through the courts in order from preventing any person or persons from admission grounds or otherwise.

2. How does another club prevent these, Will now call them (The Castlebar Three)
From entering your grounds if there club is playing” Castlebar Celtic”?
I can tell you the club have no jurisdiction in this matter as only a Guard can ask them to leave providing you have a complaint to make against The Castlebar Three.

3.The irony of all this is that The Castlebar Three can go to any other match as long as Castlebar Celtic is not involved,

4. There is only one club that could ban them and that is there own. But to do that they Castlebar Celtic must afford those namely The Castlebar Three to attend an in house disciplinary hearing as to account for the charges that would before them.
Because Castlebar Celtic ground is holly owned by them, if they found them guilty as charged, then they would have the right to expel them from there club for what time they feel fit.
5. The Mayo League grounds are vested in the league they are not owned by those who handed out the punishment. However they could and should look to place a barring order on those they wish to remain out side the gates.

6. When did the Mayo league have jurisdiction to hand out suspensions in competitions such The Connaught Cup or F.A.I.? As the suspension where a Mayo League Competition being The Mayo Cup.
The Mayo League has only Jurisdiction over its own competition.

I have believe The Mayo League have over reacted and have lost the run of its self. It needs to rethink carefully before it meets Celtic next week to discuss these issues concerning Castlebar Celtic, in the manner the League has handed out bans to The Castlebar Celtic Three.
First and foremost The Mayo league can only deal with the club regarding its supporters not the supporter as they have no jurisdiction over an Eircom League Player, regards to the other two because they are members of the club they the Mayo League have the right to suspend the two from all activity with in the club for what period it feels fit. I believe this the road The Mayo league must go, or they may end up with red faces.:eek:

Proud cove
20/10/2006, 8:35 PM
It's pretty hard to folla!

renovater
21/10/2006, 7:28 PM
It's pretty hard to folla!
Sorry for ya cove if ya ask what you can't understand, will try to explain it in the best Queen's English I know.
However must bring it to your attention while we are on spelling the Word is FOLLOW, folla,
now there is word folle (adj) nf voir fou;follement adv;madly, wildly
or folie -madness
the word Folla I am afraid not in the dictionary.
now can we forget you mention spelling and deal with the topic :)

Proud cove
22/10/2006, 6:43 PM
Now there's something to celebrate! Good luck.

Mad Moose
22/10/2006, 7:10 PM
Christ I'm shocked having read the above and the naming of the three Castlebar Celtic supporters who have been banned.I have a feeling the Mayo League will end up with egg on its faces because surely they have over steeped their authority. It is up to Castlebar Celtic to take action against supporters and that is their duty, not the League's.The League can however discipline and punish the club for the behaviour of their supporters. I think the Mayo League may have gone to far in relation to this.

sinabhuil
22/10/2006, 9:29 PM
Castlebar Town beat. What a surprise. BBB would need to look out. Divisions 2 could be good next year with BBB , Cbar town and all these other sole team clubs (not b teams). Whats the story with Lacken withdrawal. Who will fill their place.

swinfordfc
23/10/2006, 7:22 AM
So its Ballyheane B v Ballyvary Blue Bombers for battle for last spot in Division 1, it should be a good game next Sunday

The Don
23/10/2006, 8:14 AM
Ballyheane played really poorly yesterday, probably the worst all season and we were lucky to get the win. Having said that a win is a win and I dont expect to see a proformance like that two weeks running.

Mad Moose
23/10/2006, 1:30 PM
So its Ballyheane B v Ballyvary Blue Bombers for battle for last spot in Division 1, it should be a good game next Sunday

Sugar anyhow. Wasn't quite sure how I wanted this to go but I edged toward wanting to meet Castlebar Town. No doubt Colm Gannon will be over to watch us again:(

Mind you its good to hear Ballyheane played badly.Does this mean they'll call in A team players. A huge weekend for the future of Ballyvary Blue Bombers. Hope its nothing like our last game where Gannon was also in attendance. Sales of the WP were slow in Ballyvary during the week. Thank god I didn't even tog out for that one.

mgam1
23/10/2006, 4:41 PM
congrats on beating the town and good look against the bombers. I must say i was shocked that ye beat a Town team with a lot of quality in it. But from a reliable source i heard that there is unrest in the camp,seemingly training sessions consist of two laps of the pitch and then a game and this as upset the most senior players and i believe they are crying out for a new manager.One of your lads told me that the keeper moore wasn't even there and played gaelic instead.I've played against this fella twice this season and he was one of their leaders on the pitch and must have been missed.Not taken away from ballyheane -because they missed players aswell that were out due too suspension. But even in div 2 there sould be better quality coaches out there,because Castlebar Town are one of many clubs that are disatisfied with the coaching/management setup. If Town get a new Manager,and keep the squad they have and maybe add a new midfielder and striker to their ranks -well then they will be a very hard team to beat in 2007.

Richard Dunne
23/10/2006, 5:51 PM
Great to see the mayo league ating action, these celtic so called followers are well know for there crap on and off the pitch, so no harm for them not to be let near celtic games...

The following suspensions and sanctions were taken by the League Management Committee at a Disciplinary Meeting on 10th October 2006, following incidents during the AIB Cup Final on 1st October 2006

Kevin Ryan; Twelve (12) month suspension from all Castlebar Celtic games within the Mayo Association Football League, Connacht Cup, FAI Junior Cup, and Milebush Park for constant abuse to officials and opponents, effective from 1st October 2006
Stevie Ryan; Twelve (12) month suspension from all Castlebar Celtic games within the Mayo Association Football League, Connacht Cup, FAI Junior Cup and Milebush Park for constant abuse to officials and opponents, effective from 1st Ocrober 2006
Greg Whyte; Two (2) month suspension from all Castlebar Celtic games within the Mayo Association Football League, Connacht Cup, FAI Junior Cup and Milebush Park for abuse to officials, effective from 1st October 2006
Castlebar Celtic; For abuse to officials and opponents - are directed to play their first two (2) home games in season 2007 away, and are responsible for paying match officials fees, and are also fined E500.
Gavin Dykes (Castlebar Celtic); Four (4) match suspension for striking an opponent plus €30 fine
Owen McHale (Westport Utd); Four (4) match suspension for striking an opponent plus €30 fine
Kieran Hopkins (Castlebar Celtic); One (1) match suspension for second caution plus €30 fine

I more enjoy reading these comments than giving my opinion but in relation to the bans the Celtic supporters recieved,im just wondering is this the same Stevie Ryan that has represented Mayo on so many ocasions at underage level? If so,is this the sort of player we pick to advertise Mayo soccer.If i remember rightly he may have captained a few of these Mayos sides. If this is the way one our young players who has been brought up through the Mayo ranks and had the honour of pulling on the green jersey of his county treats the opposition, should we not look at the way our young players are being coached. They say its better to judge a man on how he handles loosing than on how he handles winning - this does not paint a pretty picture for Castlebar Celtic and more importantly Mayo! I was going to say his parents mustn't best pleased,but it seems like hes not the only one not going watching football on a Sunday in his house.

Also congratulations to the Ballinrobe Ladies team on the cup win in Milebush the weekend before last,all the hard work put in paid off,well done girls.

sinabhuil
23/10/2006, 7:36 PM
Ballyheane played really poorly yesterday, probably the worst all season and we were lucky to get the win. Having said that a win is a win and I dont expect to see a proformance like that two weeks running.

We played both teams this year. Cbar beat us by a goal away and we drew with them at home. With a very understrength team we got hammered by Bheane who also fielded a fair few first teamers. I was still shocked when Bheane beat them. I would have thought that a first team would show more hunger. No offence to Heane I think we would prefer BBB to stay up.

swift
24/10/2006, 12:26 AM
I more enjoy reading these comments than giving my opinion but in relation to the bans the Celtic supporters recieved,im just wondering is this the same Stevie Ryan that has represented Mayo on so many ocasions at underage level? If so,is this the sort of player we pick to advertise Mayo soccer.If i remember rightly he may have captained a few of these Mayos sides. If this is the way one our young players who has been brought up through the Mayo ranks and had the honour of pulling on the green jersey of his county treats the opposition, should we not look at the way our young players are being coached. They say its better to judge a man on how he handles loosing than on how he handles winning - this does not paint a pretty picture for Castlebar Celtic and more importantly Mayo! I was going to say his parents mustn't best pleased,but it seems like hes not the only one not going watching football on a Sunday in his house.

Also congratulations to the Ballinrobe Ladies team on the cup win in Milebush the weekend before last,all the hard work put in paid off,well done girls.

Its not from the wind he took it!!!!!!!!!!

short_frank
24/10/2006, 5:13 AM

To be honest I thought ye were coping quite well in the first half but ye were under fair pressure in the second half. You were a lucky man on the day with one blatant professional foul (yellow card well deserved) and that one that hit you on the line and bounced into the keepers hands could have gone anywhere. Well done, good to see the neighbours doing well and good luck next sunday:)

The Don
24/10/2006, 9:23 AM
We played both teams this year. Cbar beat us by a goal away and we drew with them at home. With a very understrength team we got hammered by Bheane who also fielded a fair few first teamers. I was still shocked when Bheane beat them. I would have thought that a first team would show more hunger. No offence to Heane I think we would prefer BBB to stay up.

Ballyheane only fielded one "first teamer" against you and he was a second half sub. You seem to have problem with b teams, why is that!. Also if BBB are good enough to stay up then I think nobody will begrudge them that.

Mad Moose
24/10/2006, 9:27 AM
Ballyheane only fielded one "first teamer" against you and he was a second half sub. You seem to have problem with b teams, why is that!. Also if BBB are good enough to stay up then I think nobody will begrudge them that.

Thank you very much Don. Will we see you on Sunday then. Massive massive game and form goes out the window on this one.I'll fill you in on all after the game however. Will ya be coming along to see this one. Should be good interest in the game actually.

sinabhuil
24/10/2006, 7:14 PM

Fair comment - hope the best team plays in div 1. No problem with Ballyheane B. They have shown consistent form all year. Unfortunately I cant make the match - best of luck to both teams. Our loss to Ballyheane was more down to the poor team we fielded and a stag party the night before. We should not have looked for the challenge. Life in the lower leagues!! Learning curve!

Obviously B teams will benefit from better coaching and exposure to better players in training etc..

Statistics might prove the existence of a problem - too lazy to compile them. It just appears that some teams produce performances from nowhere and indeed have done so all year. How does Snug B beat Urlaur on 9 April by a goal and then lose to them on 2 July by 6 goals. Beat Swinford on 7 May by 3 goals and then lose by 2 goals 8 weeks later. Did they really lose that many players in that period?

If B teams struggle for players ring a few first teamers. How often do we see a B team struggling and out of nowhere they spring this sub who we all know would have started if they were not trying to keep the B players semi-happy with a starting run out. Maybe Ballyheane don't do it but take a reality check if you think it does not happen elsewhere.
As Orwell said 'some pigs are more equal than others'.

Closed Account
24/10/2006, 7:35 PM
Snugboro B neither lost nor gained any players in that period. Performances levels simply dropped. Something that happens to every team at every level.

renovater
24/10/2006, 7:43 PM
Now there's something to celebrate! Good luck.
Grow up

renovater
24/10/2006, 8:13 PM
Fair comment - hope the best team plays in div 1. No problem with Ballyheane B. They have shown consistent form all year. Unfortunately I cant make the match - best of luck to both teams. Our loss to Ballyheane was more down to the poor team we fielded and a stag party the night before. We should not have looked for the challenge. Life in the lower leagues!! Learning curve!

Obviously B teams will benefit from better coaching and exposure to better players in training etc..

Statistics might prove the existence of a problem - too lazy to compile them. It just appears that some teams produce performances from nowhere and indeed have done so all year. How does Snug B beat Urlaur on 9 April by a goal and then lose to them on 2 July by 6 goals. Beat Swinford on 7 May by 3 goals and then lose by 2 goals 8 weeks later. Did they really lose that many players in that period?

If B teams struggle for players ring a few first teamers. How often do we see a B team struggling and out of nowhere they spring this sub who we all know would have started if they were not trying to keep the B players semi-happy with a starting run out. Maybe Ballyheane don't do it but take a reality check if you think it does not happen elsewhere.
As Orwell said 'some pigs are more equal than others'.

To be fair to Ballyheane they have always been the BTeam with players from there own ranks and at no time during this year or yesteryear relied on A team players.
It has always been there tower of strenght to play from with in.
Next Sunday will prove how far Ballyheane have come or show how far Ballyvary B.B. have declined. I think its more the later rather than Ballyheane improved. How ever these two sides have old history and old memorys should come flooding back.
Last time these two sides met was in a playoff which Ballyvary won on peno's
in Manulla.
this time I think Ballyheane will edge it out. there strenght lies in there defence,with a lot old heads. young guns up top.
Ballyvary on there part have had a poor season and this could have a part to play in lack of confidance.

Thunderblaster
25/10/2006, 9:47 PM
im just wondering is this the same Stevie Ryan that has represented Mayo on so many ocasions at underage level?

I read on the local press that Castlebar Celtic are appealing the bans imposed on the supporters to the Mayo League.
If it is the same individual, it is a crying shame that he lets his footballing talent descend to behaviour that cannot be condoned. He needs to look very hard at himself and cop himself on or he will forever be remembered as an outcast to footballing society and I do not think he can afford that to happen.

Mad Moose
25/10/2006, 9:54 PM
To be fair to Ballyheane they have always been the BTeam with players from there own ranks and at no time during this year or yesteryear relied on A team players.
It has always been there tower of strenght to play from with in.
Next Sunday will prove how far Ballyheane have come or show how far Ballyvary B.B. have declined. I think its more the later rather than Ballyheane improved. How ever these two sides have old history and old memorys should come flooding back.
Last time these two sides met was in a playoff which Ballyvary won on peno's
in Manulla.
this time I think Ballyheane will edge it out. there strenght lies in there defence,with a lot old heads. young guns up top.
Ballyvary on there part have had a poor season and this could have a part to play in lack of confidance.

Massive massive weekend for us it has to be said and we are due a performance to make up for everything this season.From Super League to a relegation/promotion play off.Hoping we dont have to face relegation to be honest but maybe we need it to rebuild again. Its going to be a tough battle and my fear is we could collapse but we'll have to see. Ballyheane B will be a tough side.I haven't seen them but I've heard a bit so we're not expecting an easy ride on sunday. I suppose I'll have more to say on the matter come Monday but e're under no illusions of the task at hand.

theboy
26/10/2006, 3:21 PM
so its come to the last 2 weekends to see who goes down, S&F play ballyheane twice, snug b play ballyglass and manulla.

who will wait up?

think S&F and ballyheane will both stay up. both clubs seem to be goin through a rough patch so it will be interesting.

irishyop
27/10/2006, 10:17 AM
congrats on beating the town and good look against the bombers. I must say i was shocked that ye beat a Town team with a lot of quality in it. But from a reliable source i heard that there is unrest in the camp,seemingly training sessions consist of two laps of the pitch and then a game and this as upset the most senior players and i believe they are crying out for a new manager.One of your lads told me that the keeper moore wasn't even there and played gaelic instead.I've played against this fella twice this season and he was one of their leaders on the pitch and must have been missed.Not taken away from ballyheane -because they missed players aswell that were out due too suspension. But even in div 2 there sould be better quality coaches out there,because Castlebar Town are one of many clubs that are disatisfied with the coaching/management setup. If Town get a new Manager,and keep the squad they have and maybe add a new midfielder and striker to their ranks -well then they will be a very hard team to beat in 2007.

I hear that Town were very unlucky alright but I also heard from one of the town players that the keeper was dropped and went off in a huff because of this but like you say if the managment is playing up he may just have walked.
He may try and get back to Castlebar Celtic again but they probably would not have him back now.

They may find it hard to hold onto May and Maughan since they missed out on promotion. Both are been sought by other local clubs from what I hear on the grape vine.

I must say for someone who is not involved with Town you have a lot of interest in them with this and your previous posts.

How did ye go this season in the league?

mgam1
28/10/2006, 10:44 AM
I played my last season with glenisland,i won't even talk about our season!!,have a few mates on town team and if they get a right manager - i hope to sign with them. Your right about moore,i heard that himself and the manager had a head to head about a knee injury he is carrying all season and that he was told to come back next season when it recovers because it will cripple him if he kept playing on with it.so who do you fancy to win the bbb's and heane game?
i'll go for a heane win on penalty shootout!!!!!!!!

FahyForever
28/10/2006, 11:02 AM
Christ I'm shocked having read the above and the naming of the three Castlebar Celtic supporters who have been banned.I have a feeling the Mayo League will end up with egg on its faces because surely they have over steeped their authority. It is up to Castlebar Celtic to take action against supporters and that is their duty, not the League's.The League can however discipline and punish the club for the behaviour of their supporters. I think the Mayo League may have gone to far in relation to this.

Sorry for coming back to this issue, but I have not been on the forum in a while and wanted to give my opinion on the whole thing.

I think that the Mayo League have set the standard in relation to setting a precedent for this type of thing. If fans of Premiership teams, for example, act the donkey, it's the clubs who pay the price; normally literally, as some fine is imposed. Sometimes the fans involved are actively hunted down and banned by the club afer video evidence, more often than not the whole thing goes by without the fans being punished. This leads to the culture of laissez-faire politics by club representatives, so disgracefully personified by the Wisclaw Krakow manager last week before the european clash with Blackburn when he said " We cant stop it if black players are being racially abused". If the clubs allow this sort of thing to carry on, they are complicit in the wrongdoing.

Now I know that the abuse at the Celtic - Westport match was neither of this nature nor extent, but the fundamental point is the same; allowing the club to deal with it internally does not guarantee any retribution whatsoever. Fair play to the Mayo League for "naming and shaming", so to speak. That kind of vitriol is not welcome at any match and should be stamped out at source.

renovater
28/10/2006, 7:43 PM
Sorry for coming back to this issue, but I have not been on the forum in a while and wanted to give my opinion on the whole thing.

I think that the Mayo League have set the standard in relation to setting a precedent for this type of thing. If fans of Premiership teams, for example, act the donkey, it's the clubs who pay the price; normally literally, as some fine is imposed. Sometimes the fans involved are actively hunted down and banned by the club afer video evidence, more often than not the whole thing goes by without the fans being punished. This leads to the culture of laissez-faire politics by club representatives, so disgracefully personified by the Wisclaw Krakow manager last week before the european clash with Blackburn when he said " We cant stop it if black players are being racially abused". If the clubs allow this sort of thing to carry on, they are complicit in the wrongdoing.

Now I know that the abuse at the Celtic - Westport match was neither of this nature nor extent, but the fundamental point is the same; allowing the club to deal with it internally does not guarantee any retribution whatsoever. Fair play to the Mayo League for "naming and shaming", so to speak. That kind of vitriol is not welcome at any match and should be stamped out at source.

While I welcome your comments and agree with alot of what you have said.
The league on the other hand have over step the mark, while they have named and shamed those who have abused match officals. but the only anvenue open to them and that is to deal with the club. wheather that is to stop them playing at home untill they Celtic have informed the league in writing that they have ban the Castlebar three for the periods set down by the League Or what they consider is the case they are charged with viva oral hearing.
It is my believe that Castlebar Celtic has appealed to connaught on the grounds that Mayo League can not ban supporters from grounds only deal with club.
The club on the other hand feel the punishment handed down was harsh. inregard of the Ryans when the offences committed by all three was the same.
Finally the fine and to -play there first to home matches away from home was harsh.
which I BELIEVE will or has been appealed.
they were to go in House appeal but its clear to all they felt they would not get a fair hearing.:ball:

sinabhuil
29/10/2006, 5:24 PM
Ballyvarry B team gone! Ballyheane B promoted. Ballinrobe possibly relegated.
Anyone at the Bheane BBB match? Was it a good game? Whats the story at Ballinrobe? They did train a lot all year and they have some decent talent. What's the problem?

irishyop
29/10/2006, 9:08 PM
Anyone at the Bheane BBB match? Was it a good game? Whats the story at Ballinrobe? They did train a lot all year and they have some decent talent. What's the problem?

How did Bally H get on today? Young N Donnelly turn the clock back?? !! :p
Ballinrobe deserve to be down a few levels until they learn how to actually play soccer, Mr Dee won't be too happy if they get relegated.

Thunderblaster
30/10/2006, 2:15 PM
Mick Wallace appointed Mayo Oscar Traynor Cup manager. Takes charge with immediate effect and will select squad for forthcoming Oscar Traynor Cup tie away to Roscommon on October 19th.

Mad Moose
30/10/2006, 10:28 PM

What can I say about yesterday.Heartbreaking stuff and a horrible end to our season.We were probably the better team and had the clearer chances and 3 of those chances were bankers.We conceded a goal in the last minute after losing pocession in the middle of the park. Fair play to Ballyheane, they stuck at it to the end. The only way now is up and it starts next season. As the ref said we were too good to go down.We should never have found ourselves in this position but over the course of the season we probably didn't deserve to find ourselves in this position. With Lacken pulling out in the last few weeks it threw us into the relegation dogfight.

Heads up after the game.It is disappointing but things haven't been great the last while and its time for a major rebuilding at the club.It might benefit us to have one team next season as we've been struggling along the last while.We could have done so much better.

Brendan