PDA

View Full Version : Mayo Football- 2006

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14

Ron Bergundy
28/11/2006, 12:39 PM
Congrats to Claremorris AFC getting promoted to the super league sunday,only promoted to the premier division this time last year its been a brilliant season for them,well done lads

swinfordfc
28/11/2006, 1:35 PM
Congrats to Claremorris AFC getting promoted to the super league sunday,only promoted to the premier division this time last year its been a brilliant season for them,well done lads

They not promoted yet! have to play off against Achill Rovers yet but should win it to get promoted

irishyop
28/11/2006, 2:07 PM
They not promoted yet! have to play off against Achill Rovers yet but should win it to get promoted

Is there a playoff, when is this play-off? Milebush?

Cloggs
28/11/2006, 2:41 PM
i've been reading all the posts with interest for the last few months and thoroughly enjoy all the viewpoints being put forward by all.a hearty congtats to balinrobe for avoiding the drop from the premier division.its not all that long ago that a lot of people were writing their obituary(if thats the correct word-apologies if not!!) on the thread.personally i was delighted that they stayed up-and equally so in seeing killala(and their rather pompous manager!!) being relegated.while on the topic of the premier division fair play to claremorris who have deservedly clinched a playoff spot against achill.i wish them all the best

irishyop
28/11/2006, 2:55 PM
Cloggs, Welcome to the forum.

Have you got any "leaning" towards any Mayo League club, so that we can get an inside information ;)

Hope it is not Ballinrobe anyway ;)

renovater
28/11/2006, 8:06 PM
Flynn is going too. There is huge unrest in the Boro camp at the mo. Uve probably all heard why :rolleyes:
Let me take a quess?
would the name P.Mc Hale comes to mind.or would I say no friend of yours:rolleyes:

renovater
28/11/2006, 8:11 PM
looks like the same thing is happening to snugb- as what happened to S&F, main players leavin isnt good for the team or club. they'll struggle next season and probably go down.
what is it goin to make of the mayo super league all the main players from each club playin with celtic.
maybe teams are as well off out of the super league and let celtic just have it. if u ask me celtic have fXXKED up mayo football.
I have always question the arrival of The Gray One also brought this to the attention of The Mayo League who are simply not interested in what the Gray one does. So longs he brings the best out of Celtic who can disagree.:rolleyes:

renovater
28/11/2006, 8:16 PM
In all fairness, I don't think any of these signings are going to allow Celtic to canter to the any title. They have much better players at the club already.

All it will do is make sure Snugboro are in trouble next year, most likely will go down.
It sounds a bit like Chelsea as long as they can't play they can't hurt you only keeping them out of football is S.W.P.

renovater
28/11/2006, 8:26 PM
i've been reading all the posts with interest for the last few months and thoroughly enjoy all the viewpoints being put forward by all.a hearty congtats to balinrobe for avoiding the drop from the premier division.its not all that long ago that a lot of people were writing their obituary(if thats the correct word-apologies if not!!) on the thread.personally i was delighted that they stayed up-and equally so in seeing killala(and their rather pompous manager!!) being relegated.while on the topic of the premier division fair play to claremorris who have deservedly clinched a playoff spot against achill.i wish them all the best
WELCOME!!!!
But thats were it ends yes you may use the word obituary ( to discribe there pass or passing.
with regard to Peter who I think you are refering to man Manager of killala and anything good about Killala as been in football for well over 20 years and has served with many Mayo youth teams during that time.Now you may have an indifferant view of the man,I think most poeple would share my view lets hope thunder might come in.

pixiehead
29/11/2006, 3:15 PM
It sounds a bit like Chelsea as long as they can't play they can't hurt you only keeping them out of football is S.W.P.

Whats S.W.P??????:confused:

irishyop
29/11/2006, 4:07 PM
SWP - Shaun Wright Philips? ...... Saint Wincent da Paul....

Thunderblaster
29/11/2006, 11:21 PM
lets hope thunder might come in.

Thanks for the weather forecast!!:rolleyes:

mgam1
30/11/2006, 7:47 AM
with claremorris promoted,will Glynn stay or is he still on the cards for celtic?

irishyop
30/11/2006, 8:51 AM
with claremorris promoted,will Glynn stay or is he still on the cards for celtic?

Their not promoted

swinfordfc
30/11/2006, 9:39 AM
Tough Draws for the 4 Mayo teams in FAI Cup draw - think Ballina have the best chance in getting through as they are home to a Kerry team while Castlebar Celtic playing Limerick opposition away and Westport and Erris going up to Dublin for they two games

Cloggs
30/11/2006, 2:51 PM
Cloggs, Welcome to the forum.

Have you got any "leaning" towards any Mayo League club, so that we can get an inside information ;)

Hope it is not Ballinrobe anyway ;)

Cheers!indeed i do have a bit of 'leaning' towards a club alright but i wont mention who it is just yet.played against both Balinrobe and Killala this year and i have to say that i was far more impressed by both the spirit in which Balinrobe played and the attitude they showed whether they won,lost or drew a game.

Renovator (Thanks for the begrudging welcome!!;) )
Just afraid that i couldn't say the same about the Killala lads(yes manager-Peter McD included)i acknowledge that he has contributed a lot to the Mayo League over the years and fair play to him for doing that.My only gripe is that from my experience(and it is indeed only my own experience)i have found him to be an extremely bad loser when his team is defeated.its all good and well to be a little upset after losing a game but to turn your back on a man who is offering his hand to be shook after a game is just plain bad manners and petulant.This has happened on a number of occasions after playing them so it wasn't just a one-off.I just think that if you're beaten by another team you've got to shake hands and get on with it.

on another issue-who did the Mayo teams get in the next round of the fai cup?are they winnable games?

renovater
30/11/2006, 9:03 PM
Cheers!indeed i do have a bit of 'leaning' towards a club alright but i wont mention who it is just yet.played against both Balinrobe and Killala this year and i have to say that i was far more impressed by both the spirit in which Balinrobe played and the attitude they showed whether they won,lost or drew a game.

Just afraid that i couldn't say the same about the Killala lads(yes manager-Peter McD included)i acknowledge that he has contributed a lot to the Mayo League over the years and fair play to him for doing that.My only gripe is that from my experience(and it is indeed only my own experience)i have found him to be an extremely bad loser when his team is defeated.its all good and well to be a little upset after losing a game but to turn your back on a man who is offering his hand to be shook after a game is just plain bad manners and petulant.This has happened on a number of occasions after playing them so it wasn't just a one-off.I just think that if you're beaten by another team you've got to shake hands and get on with it.

on another issue-who did the Mayo teams get in the next round of the fai cup?are they winnable games?

I will show respect and reply. I now understand your views of the man,Once again I will remind you for those of you who have not sined throw the first stone.:ball:

Thunderblaster
01/12/2006, 4:51 PM
Peter McD is a legend in Killala and a legend to Mayo football!!:D

renovater
01/12/2006, 9:57 PM
Peter McD is a legend in Killala and a legend to Mayo football!!:D
Thanks thunder at leased we agree on one thing!!!:)

FahyForever
02/12/2006, 10:41 AM

I have to agree with the lads who have a slight gripe with the man in question. Although this is not a forum for character assasination, the fact is that Killala's manager is the Jose Mourinho of Mayo football, without the know-how or players. We have played them innumerable times and there has always been an excuse or a problem at the end of the match. He has refused to shake hands after, and on a couple of occasions thrown a string of abuse towards the opposition bench. Having said that, I applaud that sort of attitude generally. F##k everyone apart from your own team. At least for ninety minutes. Forget about it then!

Richard Dunne
04/12/2006, 1:02 PM
Well done to the Mayo Ladies soccer team who won the FAI Cup on Saturday night. In conditions that can only be described as hurricane like, Mayo played their hearts out,and overcame a strong UCD side(all on soccer scholarships) who had players who have graced pitchs for Ireland and professional clubs in England alike. I was there on Saturday night and it made me as proud to be a Mayo man as when the Mens GAA team overcame the Dubs (again) in Croke Park. Emma Mullin played like a woman possesed and showed skills that barring the Super League, would make her a much sought after striker in the Mens league. Their defence was coolness personified as the waves of the UCD attack in the second half tried to find a way through. Ive seen many a Mayo team play be it Soccer and GAA but ive never seen a team so close knit and work so hard for a cause they knew they deserved. If I wore a hat id take it off, to the Management,the people involved behind the scenes and most of all, to the players. You did the county proud,such a fantastic advertisement for Mayo soccer i dont think i'l ever see again.

swinfordfc
04/12/2006, 2:43 PM
Well done to the Mayo Ladies soccer team who won the FAI Cup on Saturday night. In conditions that can only be described as hurricane like, Mayo played their hearts out,and overcame a strong UCD side(all on soccer scholarships) who had players who have graced pitchs for Ireland and professional clubs in England alike. I was there on Saturday night and it made me as proud to be a Mayo man as when the Mens GAA team overcame the Dubs (again) in Croke Park. Emma Mullin played like a woman possesed and showed skills that barring the Super League, would make her a much sought after striker in the Mens league. Their defence was coolness personified as the waves of the UCD attack in the second half tried to find a way through. Ive seen many a Mayo team play be it Soccer and GAA but ive never seen a team so close knit and work so hard for a cause they knew they deserved. If I wore a hat id take it off, to the Management,the people involved behind the scenes and most of all, to the players. You did the county proud,such a fantastic advertisement for Mayo soccer i dont think i'l ever see again.

hear hear

Thunderblaster
04/12/2006, 5:16 PM
It is a huge honour for the game in Mayo!!:) :D

Thunderblaster
04/12/2006, 6:03 PM
Hey guys, we all missed it. Last Sunday, 26th, it was the first anniversary of the Renovator changing our lives forever as he was indoctrinated into our little community.

Closed Account
04/12/2006, 10:35 PM
Hey guys, we all missed it. Last Sunday, 26th, it was the first anniversary of the Renovator changing our lives forever as he was indoctrinated into our little community.
Jebus. That was a long year. A longed misspelled, badly punctuated, gramatically incorrect year.

pixiehead
05/12/2006, 12:04 PM
Jebus. That was a long year. A longed misspelled, badly punctuated, gramatically incorrect year.

Poor aul reno!! Maybe we should get him a dictionary for this special day. Only kidding Reno:D

Cloggs
06/12/2006, 1:44 PM

what more can a man say?very well put richard dunne.i wholeheartedly agree with those sentiments.its a great honour for all involved and mayo football in general.:D

johnmayo
06/12/2006, 3:58 PM
Was also at the game, the girls showed great grit and determination but a lot of credit has to go Aidan and Michael. I think they actually played better than last year when they beat UCD.

Well not many mayo teams can say that they can look forward to European football next year but the girls can!!!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64883328@N00/ Hope this works

Ron Bergundy
07/12/2006, 12:39 PM
Was also at the game, the girls showed great grit and determination but a lot of credit has to go Aidan and Michael. I think they actually played better than last year when they beat UCD.

Well not many mayo teams can say that they can look forward to European football next year but the girls can!!!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64883328@N00/ Hope this works

Brilliant for the ladies game in Mayo,Well done to everyone involved!!!!!

Ron Bergundy
07/12/2006, 12:41 PM
anyone know when Claremorris are playing Achill in the premier division promotion playoff?take it Milebush be the venue??

swift
08/12/2006, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swinfordfc
Swinford didn't get promoted cause they were not good enough swift full stop. so your saying its ok for celtic to sign who they want - ye are throwing alot of money about the place at present - ye sign neary and also tried to sign gaughan but he went back playing gaa for knockmore, its easy to win a title when you get the best players from around the county and outside it, remember this is ye first title since 2001 long time to be waiting for the supposing best team in mayo wont you think, now tell me this - do you think snugboro will stay up with flynn, duffy and collins gone? i tell you the answer for you , they havent a hope! 3 big players gone from they just to served dykes. dykes is after one thing - to win the FAI Junior Cup cause celtic are mad that westport won it before them and that erris had won a national title as well (under 18 youths cup) and celtic have won NONE. now put your toys back in your cot

So your axe to grind is the fact that you dont like clubs signing players from other clubs. Is the onus not on the player to be big enough to say no to the move. Even the dogs on the street know **MOD EDIT:LEAVE IT OUT** but yet nearly everyone he asks to sign for Celtic ends up signing. You see players as a rule of thumb like to look back on their career and say what they've won and if they feel that they have a better chance at Celtic then so be it. Now some of his signings have been strange to say the least judging by the players he told to go but the signings of players from other clubs is nothing new to the Mayo league. If I were to mention Manulla, as they were the biggest club to practice this but because its Celtic here people are bleating on about it. In fairness Celtic did go about some of these in an underhand way but it still went on before Dykes' arrival. Futhermore to your statment that the Superleague is a joke because of Celtic is a joke in itself. There are only the Top Four that really push each other every year so wheres the other clubs and that in itself is rare. Ballyheane start off every year like a house on fire and this year they were nearly relegated, Manulla who have some gifted players can throw a game and get away with it no problem, and where we have a Premier Division where the fifth placed team can get promoted so I dont think its fair that you can lay all the blame at our door. Personally I dont have a problem with players that want to better themselves and play at a good standard but according to you and your buddy thats wrong
By the way Reno I was just fighting my corner that was on the other site

the grape vine
08/12/2006, 11:24 AM
was out in castlebar last nite and heard then peter burke is leaving ballyheane,does anyone know if it true??? he would be a great signing for any super leageue team !!

Cloggs
08/12/2006, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Swinford didn't get promoted cause they were not good enough swift full stop. so your saying its ok for celtic to sign who they want - ye are throwing alot of money about the place at present - ye sign neary and also tried to sign gaughan but he went back playing gaa for knockmore, its easy to win a title when you get the best players from around the county and outside it, remember this is ye first title since 2001 long time to be waiting for the supposing best team in mayo wont you think, now tell me this - do you think snugboro will stay up with flynn, duffy and collins gone? i tell you the answer for you , they havent a hope! 3 big players gone from they just to served dykes. dykes is after one thing - to win the FAI Junior Cup cause celtic are mad that westport won it before them and that erris had won a national title as well (under 18 youths cup) and celtic have won NONE. now put your toys back in your cot

So your axe to grind is the fact that you dont like clubs signing players from other clubs. Is the onus not on the player to be big enough to say no to the move. Even the dogs on the street know **MOD EDIT:LEAVE IT OUT** but yet nearly everyone he asks to sign for Celtic ends up signing. You see players as a rule of thumb like to look back on their career and say what they've won and if they feel that they have a better chance at Celtic then so be it. Now some of his signings have been strange to say the least judging by the players he told to go but the signings of players from other clubs is nothing new to the Mayo league. If I were to mention Manulla, as they were the biggest club to practice this but because its Celtic here people are bleating on about it. In fairness Celtic did go about some of these in an underhand way but it still went on before Dykes' arrival. Futhermore to your statment that the Superleague is a joke because of Celtic is a joke in itself. There are only the Top Four that really push each other every year so wheres the other clubs and that in itself is rare. Ballyheane start off every year like a house on fire and this year they were nearly relegated, Manulla who have some gifted players can throw a game and get away with it no problem, and where we have a Premier Division where the fifth placed team can get promoted so I dont think its fair that you can lay all the blame at our door. Personally I dont have a problem with players that want to better themselves and play at a good standard but according to you and your buddy thats wrong

In fairness to swift i have to say that i feel he has a very valid point with regard to players having their own mind.if a lad feels that he would be better off playing for somebody who they regard as being a better team then let them off i say.there is a lot of lads leaving clubs but at the end of the day its their decision.i play for a reasonably small club and we couldn't possibly cope if we were to lose even one or two of our better players but if one of them decided that they wanted to go then thats their perogitive,regardless of the situation they leave their former team.

In another point mentioned in his post i also think that it is an absolute disgrace that manulla appear to have gotten away with the throwing of a super league game-surely there should be some form of punishment for a team that does that??maybe they should be relegated place of another team?just a thought!!

theboy
08/12/2006, 12:36 PM
In fairness to swift i have to say that i feel he has a very valid point with regard to players having their own mind.if a lad feels that he would be better off playing for somebody who they regard as being a better team then let them off i say.there is a lot of lads leaving clubs but at the end of the day its their decision.i play for a reasonably small club and we couldn't possibly cope if we were to lose even one or two of our better players but if one of them decided that they wanted to go then thats their perogitive,regardless of the situation they leave their former team.

In another point mentioned in his post i also think that it is an absolute disgrace that manulla appear to have gotten away with the throwing of a super league game-surely there should be some form of punishment for a team that does that??maybe they should be relegated place of another team?just a thought!!

valid point with regards to manulla throwing there last game, it seemd to be brushed side just incase it might cause a stir. its sad to think its the way football is going.

robben 11
08/12/2006, 1:04 PM
was out in castlebar last nite and heard then peter burke is leaving ballyheane,does anyone know if it true??? he would be a great signing for any super leageue team !!

absoulte bull****.... ballyheane will never loose bourke.. hes heane through and through

the grape vine
08/12/2006, 2:01 PM
that what i also think? but it was from a ballyheane person i heard it !! so there must be some truth in it...

irishyop
08/12/2006, 2:40 PM
Sure 'The Don' is a BHeane man is he not? Can he confirm this?

The Don
08/12/2006, 2:57 PM
Sure 'The Don' is a BHeane man is he not? Can he confirm this?

Why the question marks!. Peter has been with the club since he was a youth and while you can never say never, it would be a major shock if he was to move on. Yes I have heard the rumours circulating and if it is from Ballyheane players you would hope they would show a little more cop on.

the grape vine
08/12/2006, 3:16 PM
well the person i heard it from was a ex-ballyheane player. i would imagine that none of the ballyheane player's would like to lose a player like him.

pixiehead
08/12/2006, 4:29 PM
Why the question marks!. Peter has been with the club since he was a youth and while you can never say never, it would be a major shock if he was to move on. Yes I have heard the rumours circulating and if it is from Ballyheane players you would hope they would show a little more cop on.

If Peter Bourke turned down a chance to play semi pro with Galway United because he just wanted to play for the hean then my guess is its just rumour:cool:

FahyForever
09/12/2006, 11:00 AM
Have no clue as to whether or not Peter Bourke would consider moving to Celtic, but he would certainly be an exceptional signing for any team in Mayo. As well as being a top class centre-half, he is a great leader. I remember us playing them in the FAI Cup last year and one of his team mates going down Cristiano Ronaldo-style under a fair challenge. Bourke roared at him to get up so hard that I thought the poor lad was going to cry! Spoke to him after the match and he seemed totally sound - too sound to abandon his mates for a team of mercenaries I would have thought. In unrelated news, he looks a bit like the chap from Futurama.

the grape vine
11/12/2006, 11:45 AM
great win y/day for ballina town,nice to see a good footballing team doin well.

swinfordfc
11/12/2006, 1:57 PM
Yes congrats to Ballina Town on reaching the last 32, hope they get a home draw in next round

renovater
11/12/2006, 10:48 PM
Quote:

Full credit to ya I was beginning to think I was fighting alone against the kiljoys of football.
the renovator understands quite well what your club has gone through its a pittty that new man of celtic who's just sign up couldn't for just one moment take off the shades and see the damage that his club is doing to others.
by the way I here the boy kelly is moving on from Celtic.

renovater
11/12/2006, 10:51 PM
absoulte bull****.... ballyheane will never loose bourke.. hes heane through and through
AND YOU CAN SING IT.:) :)

renovater
11/12/2006, 10:55 PM
If Peter Bourke turned down a chance to play semi pro with Galway United because he just wanted to play for the hean then my guess is its just rumour:cool:
ITHINK its the first time that I have to agree with you

robben 11
12/12/2006, 10:36 AM
Have no clue as to whether or not Peter Bourke would consider moving to Celtic, but he would certainly be an exceptional signing for any team in Mayo. As well as being a top class centre-half, he is a great leader. I remember us playing them in the FAI Cup last year and one of his team mates going down Cristiano Ronaldo-style under a fair challenge. Bourke roared at him to get up so hard that I thought the poor lad was going to cry! Spoke to him after the match and he seemed totally sound - too sound to abandon his mates for a team of mercenaries I would have thought. In unrelated news, he looks a bit like the chap from Futurama.

there was a very unfair sending off that day i think i remember the left back got in to a tangle with young creaby!!

pixiehead
13/12/2006, 12:20 PM
ITHINK its the first time that I have to agree with you

Why? Am i that bad? Hee Hee :D

Patrick Dunne
13/12/2006, 12:22 PM
Am looking for the club colours of teams that have played Galway United at competitive level in the past.

What are the club colours of Straide and Foxford ?
Do Mayo and District League use green and red ?

All help appreciated, please pm me or post here.

Thanks,

PD.

the grape vine
13/12/2006, 12:39 PM
S&Foxford wear orange & black..