PDA

View Full Version : Who moderates the moderators?

Condex
04/04/2006, 2:16 PM
Just posted something that some people disagreed with, then that post and all replies get binned with what I must say is a questionable title(very creative), but then again as they say give an idiot a uniform:rolleyes:

anto1208
04/04/2006, 2:23 PM
ive often wondered that myself , ive seen threads with over 100 reply's get shut down because "no one is interested in talking about that ":D

or

normally if the mods get in a debate and are loosing they just lock the thread :D

but as ive said before we dont live in a country with freedom of speech why should foot.ie be any different .

that and the fact its there forum they can do what they like

strangeirish
04/04/2006, 2:26 PM
Just posted something that some people disagreed with, then that post and all replies get binned with what I must say is a questionable title(very creative), but then again as they say give an idiot a uniform:rolleyes:
Muslims?:D

anto1208
04/04/2006, 2:29 PM
yea ive just come across that "post " that clearly breaks forum rules is racist and pretty bloody ignorant ,hence it gets binned .:mad:

drinkfeckarse
04/04/2006, 2:36 PM
This should be in support ;)

Dodge
04/04/2006, 2:49 PM
I argued with you but I didn't edit that thread.

Condex
04/04/2006, 2:51 PM
yea ive just come across that "post " that clearly breaks forum rules is racist and pretty bloody ignorant ,hence it gets binned .:mad:

Not that I really want to get back to the actual post but a few things :
1) racist (Muslims are not a race)
2) pretty bloody ignorant (lack of knowledge), sorry but I'd consider myself pretty well informed...:rolleyes:

pete
04/04/2006, 2:59 PM
The Muslim comments by Mr Condex & posts that followed that were split into another thread as i assume they deemd to be offensive & probably off topic.

I did not do this but if you are unable to debate within the clear rules then please don't try.

dahamsta
04/04/2006, 3:16 PM
Just posted something that some people disagreed with, then that post and all replies get binned with what I must say is a questionable title(very creative), but then again as they say give an idiot a uniformI renamed the thread in the bin, because you're sectarian (on this occasion) and racist (on many occasions previously). If you make racist and sectarian comments, you should be prepared to be labelled racist and sectarian. By the same token, if you're going to make genuinely stupid remarks - nobody on Foot.ie wears a uniform - be prepared to have people think you're stupid.

I moderate the moderators. If you have a problem with the mods, you post in Support or you talk to me. If you have a problem with the response in Support, or me, you go elsewhere. I'd suggest you do that anyway, I don't like seeing people like you around here. People like you make me sick.

I've corrected the punctuation in your thread title btw. Funny how things like that and racism/sectarianism go together, isn't it? It'd make anyone think most racists are a bit thick.

Condex
04/04/2006, 3:18 PM
The Muslim comments by Mr Condex & posts that followed that were split into another thread as i assume they deemd to be offensive & probably off topic.

I did not do this but if you are unable to debate within the clear rules then please don't try.

The title of the thread was :

What is the problem with France ?

Maybe I should have added bit more detail, but what I and many other people
see as part of the problem, is allowing massive legal/illegal immigration
into your country over a short time scale and when these people are not integrated into society and end up living in ghettos then you are going to have problems....

I think this is a valid contribution to a thread with such a title, if not you'll end with a forum with a homogeneous opinion, now that would not be much fun:D

dahamsta
04/04/2006, 3:19 PM
Next time put your point across in a more intelligent way, and your "contribution" won't be binned.

Dodge
04/04/2006, 3:22 PM
The title of the thread was :

What is the problem with France ?

Maybe I should have added bit more detail, but what I and many other people
see as part of the problem, is allowing massive legal/illegal immigration
into your country over a short time scale and when these people are not integrated into society and end up living in ghettos then you are going to have problems....

I think this is a valid contribution to a thread with such a title, if not you'll end with a forum with a homogeneous opinion, now that would not be much fun:D
So the problem isn't muslims. Its govt policy of ghetto-isation?

Condex
04/04/2006, 3:33 PM
So the problem isn't muslims. Its govt policy of ghetto-isation?

What evidence have you that ghettoisation is a policy of the French government, people will migrate to whatever area where they will feel culturally at home...

Dodge
04/04/2006, 3:46 PM
What evidence have you that Muslims are whats wronfg with France? See the point I'm making?

pete
04/04/2006, 4:18 PM
Can we take this debate into the original thread but please try to backup opinions with some sort of fact...