PDA

View Full Version : v Sligo Rovers

Rory H
03/04/2006, 9:50 AM
we're both thinking

"this is our game to gain a good win":)

so it has to be a draw...2-2 id say

looking forward to the old "dublin city....dublin city" chant....ive missed that:D

The Stars
03/04/2006, 9:59 AM
1-0 to rovers.....we owe them something after last season.

should be a great crowd from sligo at it and dublin will have.....well their crowd,if you could call it that.

Rory H
03/04/2006, 10:04 AM
id call 40 people a crowd......but then again you could have 4 grapes in a bowl and call it a few grapes...when really,you know its only 4 grapes....

Derek
03/04/2006, 4:14 PM
No need for crowd abuse lads;) Anyway it will be a close match, too important for either to loose, I think we may just take it 1:0, our defence is pretty sound so far and unless we have more injuries I don't see that changing, Alan Keely and Stuart Malcom have being playing out of their skin.

Derek
03/04/2006, 4:16 PM
looking forward to the old "dublin city....dublin city" chant....ive missed that:D

Well Mr Smarty Pants we have loads of chants now, why we even sing "The City...The City!":D

Maynard
03/04/2006, 5:41 PM
[QUOTE=DerekI think we may just take it 1:0, our defence is pretty sound so far and unless we have more injuries I don't see that changing.[/QUOTE]

Ahem...I know I was well on down in Longford, but I'm pretty sure I remember Crowls and McCarthy looked utterly fooooked well before the final whistle went. No word on the site about that though:rolleyes:

P.S Some Sligo fans are gas about giving us the aul crowd abuse. Given that the majority of their fans have less travelling to get to the game than I bloody do. Don't get me wrong, most of them are sound lads, but this "so do yis expect many down for the match lads?" nonsense for every game...

Why yes we do. Nothing sets Dubliners pulses racing like the mention of Sligo...:rolleyes:

Only the few mad feckers like us will be there pal.

Sheridan
03/04/2006, 6:02 PM
According to a press release circulated today, the casualty list is as follows:

Ger McCarthy - Ankle injury, three to six weeks out.
Ben Whelehan - Damaged heel, three weeks plus.
Mark Rooney - Banjaxed knee, three weeks plus.
Crowls - Touch and go for tomorrow.

TBH, I forgot we were playing tomorrow. :eek: Keely's avowed intention is to field the strongest XI available, minus Gary Rogers, who'll defer to Dave Conroy. Who knows, the manager himself may even deign to put in an appearance this year!

Derek
03/04/2006, 6:32 PM
Ahem...I know I was well on down in Longford, but I'm pretty sure I remember Crowls and McCarthy looked utterly fooooked well before the final whistle went. No word on the site about that though:rolleyes:

Yes but, we still have Collins and Freeman, back four has no probs and Giller is back in mid so that would be a reasonable line up.

Rory H
04/04/2006, 10:34 AM

P.S Some Sligo fans are gas about giving us the aul crowd abuse. Given that the majority of their fans have less travelling to get to the game than I bloody do. Don't get me wrong, most of them are sound lads, but this "so do yis expect many down for the match lads?" nonsense for every game...

Why yes we do. Nothing sets Dubliners pulses racing like the mention of Sligo...:rolleyes:

Only the few mad feckers like us will be there pal.

i wasnt criticising...

that injury list has boosted my optimisim now

Derek
05/04/2006, 8:57 AM
we still have Collins and Freeman

Q. Who scored last night against Kildare County?
A. See above.

Fivesilver
06/04/2006, 4:49 PM
Keely's avowed intention is to field the strongest XI available
Always knew he was a true football genius. ;)

Rory H
06/04/2006, 5:00 PM
you should have better songs than the 2 ye have....like freeman has a good name for football chants

freeman freeman
he's our man
if anyone can do it
freeman........*then ye all scream*....can!!

genius

Rovers1
06/04/2006, 5:13 PM
i say 2;1 to Rovers,cant wait!

Derek
06/04/2006, 6:34 PM
you should have better songs than the 2 ye have....like freeman has a good name for football chants

I wouldnt like to steal your best chants:p
You seem to have them all wrapped up

sligoman
07/04/2006, 1:13 AM
Looking forward to the game tomorrow:). I'm still hurting after we were robbed by ye in our 3-1 defeat last season:mad:

Maynard
07/04/2006, 10:36 AM
Looking forward to the game tomorrow:). I'm still hurting after we were robbed by ye in our 3-1 defeat last season:mad:

Robbed? Me brown... Anyway yis won the league, get over it.

Finding it hard to get excited about tonights game. To be honest I'm not really looking forward to any of our "home" games this year. With our current situation I'm finding more enjoyable with a the few familiar faces on the road.

Anyway, hope we win tonight obviously. Would settle for another point just to keep us ticking over. It's not make-or-break either way.

sligoman
07/04/2006, 12:00 PM
P!ssing rain down here, is it dry in Dublin? Hope it's not gonna get called off:o.

SRFC Head
07/04/2006, 2:58 PM
Lovely day in the capital, just don't drag the rain clouds up with you's, great day for football...

Maynard
10/04/2006, 4:02 PM
Lovely day in the capital, just don't drag the rain clouds up with you's, great day for football...

Aha! So the p!ssing rain and hailstones were YOUR fault! Bloody jinx:D