PDA

View Full Version : Ramblers Shambles

Magicme
03/04/2006, 9:26 AM
Well done the Mons!

We were the better team but Rams did give us a few scares (not too many tho!) I think Horgy only had to make about 3 saves and only one of them was a stretch for him. Am delighted that David Lee and Robbie Smith have found their goal scoring form. David had a tough year last year when he broke his leg and was out for the most of the season. Robbie Smith had been moaning that he was not able to find his scoring feet so am glad he now has broken his duck. But the man of the match for me was young Brian Gannon. What a star! He tore Cobh apart with his runs up the wing and set up at least 2 if not all 3 of the goals. Unbelievable young lad. Jim Murphy was as reliable and excellent as ever too and Paul Smyth gave all he had.

Overall, a spirited team played some great football and won out in the end.

Roll on the 'Fey!

Rory H
03/04/2006, 11:06 AM
well done......could gannon replace foy as your object of desire??:}

Magicme
03/04/2006, 12:14 PM
Ha ha....Gannon is no Foy! Indeed he may prove to be a better footballer yet! Hear the Boy Foy did good for you at the weekend tho.

Rory H
03/04/2006, 12:52 PM
ya....worked hard as ever and his pace is improving[the arse you love so well is getting smaller by the week,ha ha]

kept his nerve for the penalty too...as i said,he could be come a fans fav

where do you think mons will finish??

Magicme
04/04/2006, 8:58 AM
ya....worked hard as ever and his pace is improving[the arse you love so well is getting smaller by the week,ha ha]

kept his nerve for the penalty too...as i said,he could be come a fans fav

where do you think mons will finish??

:D I did say that when he decided to go to Sligo he was going to be determined to lose the weight and am glad I am right. Atta boy Foy!

If we can play like we did on Sunday against Cobh and steer clear of any major injuries (unlike last year) we could finish a respectable 4 or 5th in the table. I dont want to be too optomistic tho coz then things will go wrong! Mick has built a great young team and hopefully they will continue to do us proud. We have 2 very tough games ahead with Finn Harps in Finn Park and then Shamrock Rovers at home.

Who knows!