PDA

View Full Version : WrestleMania predictions

jebus
01/04/2006, 12:55 PM
I was gona put this in the other sport section, but really, that would be one April Fool joke to many I think, anyway heres my Mania predictions for tomorrow

-Torrie Wilson vs. Candice Michelle in a Pillow Fight Winner: Me
-Boogeyman vs. Sharmell Sullivan/Booker T Winner: Boogeyman
-Trish Stratus (c) vs. Mickie James for the Women's Title Winner: Mickey James
-Big Show/Kane (c) vs. Carlito/Chris Masters for the RAW Tag Titles Winner: Carlito/Masters
-Chris Benoit (c) vs. John Bradshaw Layfield for the United States TitleWinner: JBL
-Mick Foley vs. Edge in a Hardcore Match Winner: Edge
-Undertaker vs. Mark Henry in a Casket Match Winner: Undertaker
-Money in the Bank ladder match (Rob Van Dam, Ric Flair, Shelton Benjamin, Fit Finley, Matt Hardy, and Lashley as participants) Winner: Flair
-Shawn Michaels vs. Vince McMahon in a "No Holds Barred" match Winner: HBK
-Kurt Angle (c) vs. Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Randy Orton for the World Title Winner: Rey Mysterio
-John Cena (c) vs. Triple H for the WWE Title Winner: Trips

ali2005
01/04/2006, 1:15 PM
Havent watched wrestling for a good while now, but i still go on the website:o

hamish
01/04/2006, 1:22 PM
Not the same since Hacksaw Jim Duggan retired.

Hoooooooooooooooooooooo!!!:D

DmanDmythDledge
01/04/2006, 5:20 PM
SPOILER WARNING

HBK will get screwed and forced to retire. There's a chance Bret Hart will interfere I think to try and help him.

ali2005
02/04/2006, 9:28 AM
SPOILER WARNING
HBK will get screwed and forced to retire. There's a chance Bret Hart will interfere I think to try and help him.
If this is true i might just consider watching it

Poor Student
02/04/2006, 4:00 PM
Haven't seen rasslin for about a month (and barely at all over the last 5 years) but I reckon HHH and Orton will take the gold. The fans have turned on Cena to a certain degree I think. They're bored of him and general consensus is that he is a poor in ring performer. Then there's the whole HHH being married to the boss' daughter and can get the title when he wants. Far be it from him not to massage his ego with a WM Title win. He's also reported to be desperate to overtake Flair's 15 World Title reigns record.

I don't think Rey could ever hold the title. He's small (McMahon has a big man fetish), he has little or no mic skills and is just a spot fest wrestler. He'd only be fit for a small title reign at best. I reckon Kurt Angle is just a carrier champion to hand the title over to Orton.

Show and Kane will definitely drop the titles, they've had them for ages and Carlito and Masters are two rising stars.

I'd say Taker will beat Henry. Taker have won ever WM appearance and for his record to go down to that slab of meat would be very strange.

I can't see who will win the Money in the Bank, not one of them is fit to be a title contender.

Expect the Michael v McMahon match to contain something to masturbate McMahon's ever bulging ego.

I'm not going to buy this as I don't really watch wrestling anymore but I'll be interested to see the results.

Aberdonian Stu
02/04/2006, 5:06 PM
I can't see who will win the Money in the Bank, not one of them is fit to be a title contender.

Have to disagree there, Rob van Dam definitely deserves a run with the title.

Poor Student
02/04/2006, 5:08 PM

Do you actually know anything about wrestling or are you baiting?

DmanDmythDledge
02/04/2006, 6:10 PM
True, he is one of the best entertainers in the business and has never been given a decent push. I'd like to see Lashley win it, but it would be too soon for him to be given a title shot.

Poor Student
02/04/2006, 6:24 PM
Neither of them are competent all round wrestlers or have any mic ability. Neither would be able to carry the company.

Aberdonian Stu
02/04/2006, 6:42 PM
PS anybody who knows anything about wrestling knows RVD deserves a shot and is one of the best entertainers, in the ring and on the mic (especially proven at last year's ECW one night stand).

As for Lashley, well I don't rate him but reckon they have big plans for him.

Poor Student
02/04/2006, 6:58 PM
PS anybody who knows anything about wrestling knows RVD deserves a shot and is one of the best entertainers, in the ring and on the mic (especially proven at last year's ECW one night stand).

Didn't see it. He always seemed like a dopey stoner (and I think he is!). Back in ECW he seemed to be managed by some toothless old maniac called Bill Alfonso who did the talking for him. RVD is a spot wrestler. Full of jumps and kicks but doesn't seem to be able to mat wrestle or do average manoeuvres. There are perennial entertainers like Rey, RVD, Jeff Hardy etc. Denilsons of wrestling almost. They have nice flicks and tricks but their all round game is lacking. They also lack the height which is what is generally looked for by McMahon even though I disagree with this.

jebus
02/04/2006, 7:01 PM
To be honest I reckon the WWE and Triple H in particular has a big thing about the belt back on Flair one last time, so I expect him to win the money in the bank and then at some stage during the year 'do an edge' and hold the title for about 2-4 weeks as a farewell to the legend that is Ric Flair. RVD is too much of a stoner to be pushed by any company, and rightly so, who wants their company spokesman to appear on the front cover of High Times?

I reckon they'll also put the title on Rey as a tribute to Eddie. He'll be another one who holds the title for a short period of time as its pretty pbvious the WWE wants Orton to have the strap.

And there is no way Bret is interferring tonight, just read a couple of reports on last nights Hall of Fame induction and apparantly Bret has already left Chicago after the event. He also stayed at a differant hotel from the WWE staff, and just before his induction Shawn Michaels left the building to heavy 'You Screwed Bret' chants. Serves the backstabbing areshole right if you ask me!

But Shawn is gonna work a part time schedule from now on, something akin to Triple H (seriously the guy never wrestles!), but with less screen time. That said I still expect him to go over McMahon tonight. No matter how much of a self-absorbed ego maniac Vince is, it would look terrible for their product for him to beat one of their top wrestlers

Poor Student
02/04/2006, 7:18 PM
To be honest I reckon the WWE and Triple H in particular has a big thing about the belt back on Flair one last time, so I expect him to win the money in the bank and then at some stage during the year 'do an edge' and hold the title for about 2-4 weeks as a farewell to the legend that is Ric Flair.

I read he had a recent divorce and he has crippling support to pay and he shouldn't be expected to give up anytime soon despite being painfully past it. What you've suggested is plausible enough. Would like to see Finlay win.:D

RVD is too much of a stoner to be pushed by any company, and rightly so, who wants their company spokesman to appear on the front cover of High Times?

Well said.

I reckon they'll also put the title on Rey as a tribute to Eddie. He'll be another one who holds the title for a short period of time as its pretty pbvious the WWE wants Orton to have the strap.

I've thought this too, but I'm just hoping they won't be milking his death further. They've been shameful in this so far.

But Shawn is gonna work a part time schedule from now on, something akin to Triple H (seriously the guy never wrestles!), but with less screen time. That said I still expect him to go over McMahon tonight. No matter how much of a self-absorbed ego maniac Vince is, it would look terrible for their product for him to beat one of their top wrestlers

Honestly, I wouldn't put anything past Vince.

Aberdonian Stu
02/04/2006, 7:54 PM
Unfortunately I reckon they will continue to milk Guerrero's death for a while.

DmanDmythDledge
02/04/2006, 8:36 PM
Expect Mysterio to win. The Rumble winner has always won the past few years. Also, why else would he have been put back in the match. I think Jebus is right that the title will be given to Orton shortly after, and I expect him to feud with Batista afterwards.

Poor Student
03/04/2006, 10:18 AM
I made some awful calls there. Guess I've been out of watching too long. Cena retains and Rey wins. Show and Kane keep the tag straps. RVD wins the title shot.

DmanDmythDledge
03/04/2006, 3:27 PM
I made some awful calls there. Guess I've been out of watching too long. Cena retains and Rey wins. Show and Kane keep the tag straps. RVD wins the title shot.
Wrestling isn't about predicting who will win the match- it is predicting the right storyline.

Aberdonian Stu
03/04/2006, 4:45 PM
Can't say I'm overly surprised by the Cena, Mysterio or RVD wins as they seem to suit the way they are tailoring the storylines (especially with a likely heel turn for Cena) although the Mickie James win was probably the most predictable of the night.

Poor Student
03/04/2006, 6:46 PM
Wrestling isn't about predicting who will win the match- it is predicting the right storyline.

Well, it's a bit of both and not being a regular viewer anymore, I don't have a feel for the storylinee direction. Rey is not title material though. Did they lap it up with a bunch of Eddie references? Did he throw himself to the canvas and keep looking up to the heavens and talking and blessing and blowing kisses?

jebus
03/04/2006, 7:11 PM
Christ they really threw a swerve with Cena coming out on top! Was just checking up the wwe.com website and they actually make mention of the fact that Cena was jeered by half the crowd last night.....so thats him turning heel then. I can't believe they are going to attempt a Triple H face turn again, I mean come on, the guys character is all about being THE super-heel!

Other than that I wasn't too surprised by the results, I figure RVD will cash in his money in the bank before Summerslam, or maybe at Taboo Tuesday (now called Cyber Sunday) after the scheduled title fight, ala Edge.

DmanDmythDledge
03/04/2006, 7:48 PM
Christ they really threw a swerve with Cena coming out on top!
On May 1 there will be a triple threat cage match for WWE Championship - Cena vs HHH vs Edge, if my sources are correct.

jebus
03/04/2006, 8:19 PM
heard the same, hopefully they put the title back on Edge

DmanDmythDledge
03/04/2006, 8:29 PM
You would imagine HHH would get it back, more than a year without the title. What is the world coming to...:rolleyes:

Aberdonian Stu
03/04/2006, 10:02 PM
If they're planning a face turn for HHH, and assuming Cena is turning heel (which seems inevitable), then a HHH win is the likely outcome as heel-to-heel changeovers are rare. An Edge face turn isn't unthinkable but while the fans rate his wrestling ability there is a genuine hatred from Adam Copeland (his real name) the man. This was seen when the fans briefly turned back to Cena during that rivalry.

Poor Student
03/04/2006, 10:05 PM
I've always found HHH just a thoroughly unlikeable guy and can only see him as heel. Same as Orton. They give me the feeling they're utter w@nkers in real life too and they're the kind of heel you love to hate.

Aberdonian Stu
03/04/2006, 10:48 PM
Oh I think HHH doesn't make for a good face, I'm only trying to guess what they'll do with the storyline.