PDA

View Full Version : Advice From Cork Fans

David
31/03/2006, 10:07 AM
Possibly a bit premature I know but basically covering all bases. In the event of us playing you in the Setanta can anyone recommend a decent b&b or hotel. Cheap and clean would do the business. Would just be staying on the night of the game. Any help would be appreciated.

dcfcsteve
31/03/2006, 10:20 AM
Possibly a bit premature I know but basically covering all bases. In the event of us playing you in the Setanta can anyone recommend a decent b&b or hotel. Cheap and clean would do the business. Would just be staying on the night of the game. Any help would be appreciated.

You could book yourself into the Heartbreak Hotel - they're very welcoming of Blues fans.

It's down the end of Lonely Street - just off the Long Mile Road......

:D

Schumi
31/03/2006, 10:23 AM
just off the Long Mile Road......
The Long Mile Road's a long way from Cork. :D

Peadar
31/03/2006, 11:01 AM
In the event of us playing you in the Setanta...

Better off posting here... (http://corkcityfc.ie/forums/index.php?showforum=14)

paudie
31/03/2006, 12:19 PM

i'd say Jury's Inn would be your best bet for a hotel. In the City centre. 10 minutes by taxi from the gound. Near the train and bus stations.

i presume there's a residents bar as well which might come in handy:D

not sure of the rates but it's a set price for the room so you fit two or three in for the same price.

For B&B's your best bet would be ringing the tourist office

David
31/03/2006, 12:22 PM
Cheers Peadar and Paudie.

tiktok
31/03/2006, 12:25 PM
The Victoria Hotel is right in the City Centre and falls into the cheap and cheerful category (no parking though if you need it).

Garnish House is the Best B&B in Cork, fantastic grub especuially, but it's that little bit dearer, then aga8in, with Sterling exchange rates it'll probably only cost you 20p or something ;)

A face
31/03/2006, 2:18 PM
If you are looking for hostels then Bru on MacCurtain street won an awards recent of best hostel in Europe so must be good, Kinlay house is good and anything on Western Road, Sheilas Hostel is fairly popular i think.

They will all look to avoid stag parties so try and avoid booking in big numbers if you can.