PDA

View Full Version : eircom League - Team of the Week

A face
30/03/2006, 10:40 PM
Taken from www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/viewpoint/team_of_the_week_3.asp)

Would everyone agree ??

Risteard
30/03/2006, 10:47 PM
Hard to say, isn't it?
Most of us would only see one match and eircom league weekly doesn't really allow ya to follow any one p;ayers performance.
Could only pick out Fenn from our match, if anyone.

A face
30/03/2006, 11:07 PM
Agreed

Could only pick out Fenn from our match, if anyone.

No one really stood out at all for City so yeah, its hard to say. Thought Rice deserved a mention but after that there weren't many 'team of the week' performances on show.

Dodge
30/03/2006, 11:15 PM
Can't believe no Shels players after their brilliant away point at the former league leaders

Sheridan
30/03/2006, 11:30 PM
Hard to say, isn't it?
Most of us would only see one match and eircom league weekly doesn't really allow ya to follow any one p;ayers performance.
It's probably one more than those who compile that list see...

Although Rogers is a shrewd choice judging on the game I saw and the season to date. Always rated him higher than Connor at Drogheda.

dcfcsteve
30/03/2006, 11:36 PM
I'm surprised Beckett made it over 'the other' O'Flynn, though I'm none-the-less pleased.

Players from half the teams in the league represented, and 4 from Derry - whilst no Shels, Cork or Drogs. Who'd have thought....

gustavo
31/03/2006, 12:34 AM
An All Sligo central midfield too:) Unfortunately none of them play for us:(

WindmillWarrior
31/03/2006, 7:42 AM
Always rated him higher than Connor at Drogheda.

I know quite a few Drogs who'd agree with you there!

Schumi
31/03/2006, 8:39 AM
Didn't see our game at Waterford but from what I heard, Cawley was well deserving of his place on a team of the week.

Kingdom
31/03/2006, 9:56 AM
Good to see Ken Oman there. Can't understand why Bohs let him go, unles sof course he was out of contract, which would obviously take matters out of there hands.

The Sheliban
31/03/2006, 10:19 AM
Its all quite meaningless really. Obviously six people will have to have seen six different games, and we all know from forums like this how one observer's five star performance can be another man's muck.
I'd agree with Maguire for Pats - not so sure if Trevor quite reached a Team of the Week performance, though.
McCourt will probably be in it every week.
Not too disappointed about the absence of Shels players though. Football is about teamwork, not great individual performances (though recently we've seen little of either!)

Peadar
31/03/2006, 11:04 AM
Players from half the teams in the league represented, and 4 from Derry - whilst no Shels, Cork or Drogs. Who'd have thought....

You can use that to comfort yourself at the end of the season when you're looking up the table at the League Champions, again!

Dodge
31/03/2006, 11:15 AM
Which will be Pats.

Obviously.

;)

wws
31/03/2006, 2:04 PM
actually i concur with that post by Dodge above

foot.ie at its most insightful