PDA

View Full Version : Why are threads being moved?

fbtn
30/03/2006, 6:26 PM
If threads are relevant to the eircom League, why are they being moved to club sections.

They are obviously of interest to fans of all clubs going by the posts from various teams. New stadium for Harps, Sadlier for Drogs, O'Callaghan's article from eleven-a-side - these are about the league in general are they not?

I'd say most people couldn't be bothered going through all the individual forums to see the craic - I know I couldn't be arsed.

Not knocking anyone, just a thought by the way!

A face
30/03/2006, 6:30 PM
If threads are relevant to the eircom League, why are they being moved to club sections.

They are obviously of interest to fans of all clubs going by the posts from various teams. New stadium for Harps, Sadlier for Drogs, O'Callaghan's article from eleven-a-side - these are about the league in general are they not?

I'd say most people couldn't be bothered going through all the individual forums to see the craic - I know I couldn't be arsed.

Hands up ... that was me !! :o

Just thought it needed tidying up a bit, some of the topics i thought were kinda club specific. I am leaving more general ones. I left the redirects though !!:ball:

Cosmo
30/03/2006, 7:07 PM

Sorry A Face, but I have to agree with the above. Personally, I like coming into the general EL forum because it would have decent news and discussion on a lot of clubs eg harps stadium, even the georgie thread because it is a general EL story because of the talk of lack of pretection from refs and plus he is probably the most high profile player in the league, all issues concerning ground sharing are very relevant to all EL supporters.

Not taking a pop either, but I couldn't be @rsed myself going through most of the club forums on here looking for decent stories on the Eircom League

A face
30/03/2006, 7:30 PM
Sorry A Face, but I have to agree with the above. Personally, I like coming into the general EL forum because it would have decent news and discussion on a lot of clubs eg harps stadium, even the georgie thread because it is a general EL story because of the talk of lack of pretection from refs and plus he is probably the most high profile player in the league, all issues concerning ground sharing are very relevant to all EL supporters.

Not taking a pop either, but I couldn't be @rsed myself going through most of the club forums on here looking for decent stories on the Eircom League

Not singling anyone out here now so please please dont go off on one !!

An example .... the Shels webchat with Ollie Byrne, i moved that in because to be honest it'll get most exposure in there. With all thats gone on recently, if anyone wanted to here what Ollie has to say they would be in the Shels forum reading about it.

To be honest, shelsweb has some excellent features on it and is probably one of the best sites in the league, that thread was very good because it highlighted one of those features.

The thing is, it gets dragged off topic alot of the time and dilutes the thread topic, well i suppose that is the point i am making ..... people post in thread dragging it all over the place, some threads have four conversations going on at once. Its all over the gaff ..... i'd have no problem leaving them there if people started a new thread for a new issue. Obviously with in reason, i mean if a thread about Licencing and stadia ends up on fixtures and possible league structures then there is something up there.

If people were more sensible then it would be easier to manage.

Dodge
30/03/2006, 7:47 PM
Try using the New Posts clicky at the top. Thats how I keep tabs. Won't read everything but if a post had a title New Stadium I'd read it...

WindmillWarrior
31/03/2006, 7:36 AM
Move this thread! What has this got to do with the Eircom League?!

Mr_T
31/03/2006, 8:32 AM
Fair play to ya A Face, ya moved all those club specific threads and didn't move "Kilkenny City Supporters Club Meeting"!!! :D :D

Closet KCFC fan?? ;)

TG

Schumi
31/03/2006, 8:36 AM
An example .... the Shels webchat with Ollie Byrne, i moved that in because to be honest it'll get most exposure in there. With all thats gone on recently, if anyone wanted to here what Ollie has to say they would be in the Shels forum reading about it.
But the problem is that the Shels forum here is pretty dead so people wouldn't normally look in there.

It doesn't make much difference to those of us who spent ages on here and can just look in the new posts bit but people who just pop on occasionally are more likely to just look in the EL section and would miss out on a thread that, while relating to one club, is of interest to fans of lots of clubs. I'd look at it as similar to the Accolade thread. It relates to Shels but there's no way that should have been moved to the Shels section.

Just my 2c.

Jaime
31/03/2006, 10:26 AM
Most of the most interesting threads on this general eL board are the ones that get dragged off topic. The only thing achieved by moving them is to kill the general eL board, and redirect people to a club specific forum that is alrady dead.

pete
31/03/2006, 11:59 AM
Shouldn't this be in the Support forum?

drinkfeckarse
31/03/2006, 12:03 PM
yeah move this too A Face:D

A face
31/03/2006, 2:22 PM
Thats where it should be actually, i mean the whole idea is that when you read the eL forum, every post is relevant to everyone. Not going to go over board but obvious threads that are club specific .... can you keep them to the club forums.

Any suggestions are welcome aswell lads.

P.S. I am moving this one to support !! :p