PDA

View Full Version : Wembley

beautifulrock
30/03/2006, 3:57 PM
This turning into a nightmare for the FA. It is now reported that Multiplex will not be able to hand over the keys until September. It will then take another 3 months to fit out. Concerts and games have now to be re housed.

Some Quantity surveyor is for the road (and his boss) and indeed his boss as well.

The late delivery will cost the builders millions.

The stadium looks impressive though.

jbyrne
30/03/2006, 6:25 PM
large stadium projects nearly always go this way. nearly sure cardiff was late and was definately over budget. i dont think builders fully appreciate what they are getting into when they take them on.

watch the new lansdowne with interest. will probably be the same although the type of building contracts used here put most of risk onto client rather than builder

beautifulrock
30/03/2006, 9:32 PM
yes Cardiff was very late, Laings the builders had to triple glaze the surrounding houses so they could work 24 hours a day towards the end. Not long after O Rourkes bought Laings for a £1

CollegeTillIDie
31/03/2006, 11:25 PM
i dont think builders fully appreciate what they are getting into when they take them on.

watch the new lansdowne with interest. will probably be the same although the type of building contracts used here put most of risk onto client rather than builder

Well I'll be very surprised if Lansdowne is ready by 2009 for one !