PDA

View Full Version : New Rules this Season

MayoToffee
30/03/2006, 3:29 PM
hello, is everyone aware of the new rule this season, all i know is that when the game starts you dont need to move the ball forward.

when the ref blow's his wistle to start the game, a player can run up to the ball and shot.

was talking to a ref the last day and he told me, that it has already caused mayhem, not sure what game it was "mayo leauge" but some team took a shot from the wistle and scored the other team went "bert" they were nerver told this rule.

anybody know anything else about this rule, would i be right in saying that you will only need one player in the center circle from touch???

is thier any other rules new for the season???

if you shoot from touch all season one of them might go in:D

leftie
30/03/2006, 4:06 PM
Isn't taking a shot moving the ball forward?

First
30/03/2006, 4:18 PM
My understanding is that the ball has to be touched by 2 players before it becomes active so shooting from the kickoff would be pointless as like an indirect freekick the keeper can just let it into the net and it would not count.
The new rule would be very interesting because any keeper that is aware that you could score from the kick off and is beaten shouldn't really be palying in goal should he.;)

MayoToffee
30/03/2006, 5:22 PM
but in the new rule the ball does not have to be touched by two players, before it can become active, so in other word the start of a game is just like a direct freekick, just run up and shoot!! chance your luck.

First
30/03/2006, 5:56 PM
The referee will toss a coin to decide which team kicks off first & in which direction they face when they kick off. In the second half, the teams switch sides of the field & the team that received the first kick off gets to kick off to start the second half. Each time a goal is scored, the team that didn't score gets to kick off. At each kick off, the ball is placed in the center of the "Center Mark" (on the half-way line) & both teams must be on their own half of the field & the receiving team must stay outside the Center Circle until the ball is "kicked". Moving the ball any constitutes a "kick off", even if it only goes an inch. However, the ball must move forward on the "kick off". The "kicker" may not touch the ball again until someone else (on either team) has touched it. However, the "kicker" may put his foot on top of the ball & barely move it forward so a teammate standing nearby can dribble it or pass it backward or forward. Even though a goal may be scored on a direct kick off (i.e., another player is not required to touch it first), it is better to teach your players to control the ball on a kick off instead of just kicking it away. However, kicking it deep to the corner & rapidly "pushing up" to try to steal the ball back is a viable strategy that pro teams even use occasionally. Some coaches teach passing the ball backward on kick off (after it has been touched by the kicker). Before you try this, see Tip No. 7, "Steal Their Kick-Off", in Chapter 1. Don't spend a lot of time teaching fancy kick-offs; there are so few in a game that it's not worth it. My favorite kick-off is to put your CMF (center midfielder) & CF (center forward) beside the ball, the other F's & MF's spread out on the halfway line, & the FB's a long pass behind. The CMF taps the ball to the CF & at the same time the CMF & the other F's & MF's run forward & get open for a pass. The CF quickly passes the ball to an open teammate or passes it to open space. This is simple, easy to teach, teaches ball control, starts with a good shape & is hard to defend. Also, you get the ball away from your goal and even if you turn it over it is on the other teams side of the field.

I have to say in all the years playing and watching football I never knew that this was the case

Mpndo
30/03/2006, 7:37 PM
you have a favourite kick off? Nice one!

What is your favourite way of stirring a cup of coffee, or wiping your a**e?

I.E. Not really something that is given much thought, it is just done.

Unreal Madrid
31/03/2006, 12:15 AM
I think this is the 2nd if not the 3rd season that this rule has been in place.

lim abroad
31/03/2006, 3:55 AM
i thought that you could always shoot directly from kick off,i've tried it a few times over the years and have never been pulled up on it(never scored either)

soccerc
31/03/2006, 4:03 AM
i've tried it a few times over the years and have never been pulled off (never scored either)

Still A Virgin!:)

lim abroad
31/03/2006, 5:13 AM
I'm Still A Virgin!:)
Don't worry about it so am i

Thunderblaster
31/03/2006, 10:37 PM
hello, is everyone aware of the new rule this season, all i know is that when the game starts you dont need to move the ball forward.

when the ref blow's his wistle to start the game, a player can run up to the ball and shot.

Check up on the Laws of the Game on www.fifa.com, and you will be given wisdom far beyond your years. There were shots taken from a kick off for many years.

renovater
02/04/2006, 9:54 PM
Check up on the Laws of the Game on www.fifa.com, and you will be given wisdom far beyond your years. There were shots taken from a kick off for many years.
Have you swollowed another book. give details rather than www.most guys would never score from Kick off in 1000 years they can hardly put 10yard pass straight never mind 55yrd shot.

swift
03/04/2006, 1:43 AM
Renovator you appear to me to have an attittude problem with your constant picking and snapping at posters. Were you bullied at school or do you not have many friends? Stated above would explain your terrible spelling.:confused:

First
03/04/2006, 11:01 AM
you have a favourite kick off? Nice one!

What is your favourite way of stirring a cup of coffee, or wiping your a**e?

I.E. Not really something that is given much thought, it is just done.

Read the context of the post because if you put as much thought into wiping your arse your mother must love doing your washing. Get the f**k