PDA

View Full Version : Prem Div criteria for next season

LondonRover
29/03/2006, 8:45 AM
"Fair play to all who travelled and this is very important that large numbers travel to away games as remember next season one of the criteria for premier divisoin staus will coem down to crowds and i cannot see any club wantimg us not to be ther as we bring good revenur to them."

(quote from Longford match thread)

Am I missing something here? What's crowd size got to do with things? I haven';t really been following LOI much over last few months due to location and work so could someone bring me up to speed plse?

akearins
29/03/2006, 2:17 PM
With the new format for the Premier division next year there are certain criteria(think it 5 ares) that clubs must meet.Areas such as ground developments, finances etc.. One of them is to do with fan base and crowd numbers.So whwer I am comng from is if it coms tos atraight vote betwen clubs I am sure most clubs would like to see us in the top flight due to large travelling numbers.In Longford we had 400+ and even if 300 paid in the €15 thats €4500 in the coffers and I am sure qwe will aleays get 150 + @ all dublin games again clubs will welcome this revenue

Fivesilver
29/03/2006, 7:13 PM
Deciding who deserves to be in the Premier on crowd numbers and fan base?
Crowd sizes can vary dramatically from one season to the next.
"Fan base"? Hmm, that would be something to do with the population that would potentially come to your games in a place like, er . . . let's see . . . Tallaght.
A bit of Hoop-la going on?