PDA

View Full Version : Malmo

MickeyT
27/03/2006, 10:17 PM
Am planning a trip out to Malmo soon and am just wondering if ye've any tips on places to stay, after your trip out there a couple of years ago?? Will be staying in Copenhagen too but that's more or less sorted. Just having trouble finding cheapish accomodation in Malmo. Any info at all would be great!

Thanks in advance.

A face
28/03/2006, 3:02 AM
Ibis was fairly cheap and good place (better than what we paid for anyway)

When we were there it was a national holiday so it was quite, but still good .... heading into Copenhagen alot though. Some good bars and that around the squares in Malmo

I'll post more later on !

ifk101
28/03/2006, 11:50 AM
Can't comment or recommend hotels in Malmö but I'd presume Ibis is the cheapest option available. There are two Ibis hotels in Malmö: one near the train station (max. 2 min walk) and another near the football stadium (15 mins on bus from the train station. The one near the train station is in a much better location as its a max. 5 minute walk from the city center, whilst the one near the stadium doesn't have anything of note to see around it.

If I was you, I'd stay in Copenhagen even if you are planning on staying a significant time in Malmö. The train between Malmö and Copenhagen goes every 20 mins all day (except between 00:00 and 04:00; every hour between these hours) and takes 35/40 mins at around 15 euros return. Malmö doesnt have much of a nightlife on weekdays and being totally honest, from a person who lives in Malmö, Copenhagen is bigger and better in every sense.

MickeyT
29/03/2006, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the info lads. Much appreciated!!

pete
30/03/2006, 2:22 PM
Yeah Ibis near stadium is cheap & clean but I wouldn't recommend as too much of a trek into the city centre. Malmo very quiet but train to Copenhagen great & runs through the night too as well as stopping at airport in Copenhagen. Copenhagen city centre nightlife seemed to be 24/7...