PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's Setanta updates

micls
27/03/2006, 7:06 PM
City 1-0 up on Drogeda for anyone who's interested....Denis Behan
Shelbourne 1 up aswell....Jason Byrne

Magicme
27/03/2006, 7:10 PM
Am trying to keep an eye on Dundalk - UCD cup game but aertel is so slow...anyone know if there is any scores yet?

sfc red
27/03/2006, 7:20 PM
2-0 Reds!!!! Woooo!!! OLLIE OLLIE OLLIE!!!

micls
27/03/2006, 7:21 PM
2-0 to Shels now-Ollie cahill

sfc red
27/03/2006, 7:23 PM
Updates on Shelsweb, quality stuff. "Total domination"

Bald Student
27/03/2006, 7:29 PM
Am trying to keep an eye on Dundalk - UCD cup game but aertel is so slow...anyone know if there is any scores yet?1-0 to dundalk. H.T.

Radio:
http://www.dundalkfm.com/index.php?id=listen

Magicme
27/03/2006, 7:38 PM
thanks baldy! was listening in there but cant handle the feckin Dundalk accent anymore so had to stop!

micls
27/03/2006, 8:22 PM
2-0 city peno(George) Connor sent off
Shels 3up Byrne again

ccfcgirl
27/03/2006, 8:39 PM
Shels win 3-0 Game over.

south sligo red
27/03/2006, 8:58 PM
any updates on the sligo longford match?

pól-dcfc
27/03/2006, 9:00 PM
0-0 Blues Derry. Blues had the team bus parked in front of the goal and the wind was horrible. Farren hit the bar. A McCourt corner hit the bar. Possible Derry peno shout in the first few minutes.

Linfield defended well

Poor Student
27/03/2006, 9:00 PM
Finished 0-0 south sligo red.

Congratulations to Dan Connor for picking up tonight's customary Setanta Cup red card.

coislaoi
27/03/2006, 9:02 PM
Finished 0-0 south sligo red.

Congratulations to Dan Connor for picking up tonight's customary Setanta Cup red card.

And for giving Denis Behan a box. Let's see if he gets the 3 game ban that Roy O'Donovan got.

OneRedArmy
27/03/2006, 9:06 PM
The referees assessor should be forced to watch every one of the 95 minutes of Ian Stokes "performance" tonight at the Brandywell.

My favourite bit was when he gave a free out when Mouncey cleaned his own keeper Mannus, with Farren the nearest Derry player 5 yards away.

Time and time again that muppet sets even lower standards and then fails to meet them........

daveh
27/03/2006, 9:16 PM
Apparently Georgie got some very bad treatment up in Drogheda tonight,Be intersting to hear ricos comments cos he thinks that the refs arent protecting players enough.

Great stuff by City though,not many teams will go to Drogheda without 3 first teamers and win 2-0

ndrog
27/03/2006, 11:22 PM
Apparently Georgie got some very bad treatment up in Drogheda tonight,Be intersting to hear ricos comments cos he thinks that the refs arent protecting players enough.

Great stuff by City though,not many teams will go to Drogheda without 3 first teamers and win 2-0

what sort of treatment did george get ? nothing out of the ordinary .Drogs were crap .Doolin put out an understrength side who never performed.Dan connors antics where ridiculous .

A face
28/03/2006, 12:05 AM
what sort of treatment did george get ? nothing out of the ordinary .Drogs were crap .Doolin put out an understrength side who never performed.Dan connors antics where ridiculous .

Did a Drogs player rake his boot down Georgies leg? I wasn't there so i cant comment but from what i heard it sounds like it was an attempt to keep him out of the game for a while, as i said i wasn't there so i'll be look to see the footage of the game to confirm but if it did happen then its completely scummy. Can anyone tell us what happened.

Dazzy
28/03/2006, 12:39 AM
Did a Drogs player rake his boot down Georgies leg? I wasn't there so i cant comment but from what i heard it sounds like it was an attempt to keep him out of the game for a while, as i said i wasn't there so i'll be look to see the footage of the game to confirm but if it did happen then its completely scummy. Can anyone tell us what happened.

Maybe they're giving him a reason to ly on the ground!!!

Peadar
28/03/2006, 7:59 AM
...i'll be look to see the footage of the game to confirm...

There is no footage!
No TV cameras in the ground.
It's a shame really because it will probably mean that O'Connor will escape further punishment. I'm positive the ball was across the line anyway.

Georgie was hit with a nasty tackle but you see them up and down the country every week.
Joe reacted to it and got booked which was just plain stupid.

We were so in control at that stage, it wasn't even funny!

Drogs deserve an away semi-final based on that pathetic performance.

sfc red
28/03/2006, 8:09 AM
Against us hopefully!

Its pathetic though at this stage the lack of professionalism being shown in our league with players reacting to things when they shouldn't be. Heary on Friday being the prime example!

Skunkito
28/03/2006, 8:52 AM
The referees assessor should be forced to watch every one of the 95 minutes of Ian Stokes "performance" tonight at the Brandywell.

My favourite bit was when he gave a free out when Mouncey cleaned his own keeper Mannus, with Farren the nearest Derry player 5 yards away.

Time and time again that muppet sets even lower standards and then fails to meet them........

My Da mentioned that on the phone to me, said the ref kept giving them frees round our box for nothing, but the Keeper/own player incident was the clincher.

ndrog
28/03/2006, 11:33 AM
There is no footage!
No TV cameras in the ground.
It's a shame really because it will probably mean that O'Connor will escape further punishment. I'm positive the ball was across the line anyway.

Georgie was hit with a nasty tackle but you see them up and down the country every week.
Joe reacted to it and got booked which was just plain stupid.

We were so in control at that stage, it wasn't even funny!

Drogs deserve an away semi-final based on that pathetic performance.

Agreed cork were in control at that stage.We where always going to get an away semi .Doolin made 7 or 8 changes from fridays game.And before any cork fans get stuck in its not an excuse its a fact.We where **** none the less. Nothing game ,bring on the semi...

Soko
28/03/2006, 12:32 PM
Why no tv coverage? How hard would it be for setanta to put one camera at every game?

paudie
28/03/2006, 12:49 PM
Doolin made 7 or 8 changes from fridays game. Nothing game ,bring on the semi...

Maybe he should have made one more.

Connor will now miss the semi at least.

ndrog
28/03/2006, 1:31 PM
Maybe he should have made one more.

Connor will now miss the semi at least.

Agreed .We dont know alot about the sub keeper "Charlie treacey" .He was a last minute signing.... heres hoping !

pete
28/03/2006, 2:47 PM
The way i counted it Drogs fielded 6 1st team players & City had 7-8. Doolin had already thrown in the towel before match by saying home advantage isn't a big deal. Doolin should have put team out to win the match first & then could worry about 2 goal advantage in the last 15 minutes.

Drogheda were terrible & exposes the fact that squad not as good as cracked up to me. When Drogheda stop the physical shows the lack of creativity in the side. I think also lacking a few leaders on the pitch.

Connors sending off was hilarious as he really lost the plot. I didn't see it myself as was looking the linesman as he failed to award a goal as Connor walked the ball into the goal. was good open game which is exactly what city required. Windy conditions suited out passing style & did not suit Drogheda long ball tactics.

ndrog
28/03/2006, 4:32 PM
The way i counted it Drogs fielded 6 1st team players & City had 7-8. Doolin had already thrown in the towel before match by saying home advantage isn't a big deal. Doolin should have put team out to win the match first & then could worry about 2 goal advantage in the last 15 minutes.

Drogheda were terrible & exposes the fact that squad not as good as cracked up to me. When Drogheda stop the physical shows the lack of creativity in the side. I think also lacking a few leaders on the pitch.

Connors sending off was hilarious as he really lost the plot. I didn't see it myself as was looking the linesman as he failed to award a goal as Connor walked the ball into the goal. was good open game which is exactly what city required. Windy conditions suited out passing style & did not suit Drogheda long ball tactics.

Blah Blah Blah...Anything new to add except the usual cliched tripe.

WindmillWarrior
28/03/2006, 5:03 PM

More fantasy made up stuff. Its funny, keep it up, and sure we'll see where we all end up come the end of the season...

A face
28/03/2006, 5:07 PM
More fantasy made up stuff. Its funny, keep it up, and sure we'll see where we all end up come the end of the season...

WMW ..... he is entitled to his opinion, i'm sure you'll agree with that.

You haven't given your opinion at all, you have said nothing about the game, just attacked his opinion. Obviously you are allowed do that to a degree but you were at the game to (i'd presume) ... give us your take on it.

WindmillWarrior
28/03/2006, 5:23 PM
Sick of talking about it now to be honest. But I'd generally go along with ndrog's view. Cork were better than us and deserved their win.

But :)
8 changes were made from our last league game which simply has to have an adverse effect and yes it is Doolin's fault. There was alot of p*ssed off Drogs there last night.

And we do not play negative long ball football and I wouldn't say we are more physical than any other eL side. Just look at the praise we have received from many quarters for the football we are playing. Some class stuff at times.

And yes I agree, Dan Connor is a prat!

Schumi
28/03/2006, 5:24 PM
What did Connor do? I missed the highlights on Setanta last night.

WindmillWarrior
28/03/2006, 5:26 PM
He hit Behan and gave away a penalty. All in a nights work for our Dan!

iceman
28/03/2006, 6:30 PM
Heard from a reliable source that Doolin wanted the "challenge" of playing Linfield at Windsor Park in the semi-final , hence his lack of interest in last nights game. If true it has probably backfired on him coz Nutsys team is coming into form and if they beat Derry next week it will be a Shels v Drogs semi final with Linfield travelling to Cork.

Soko
28/03/2006, 8:56 PM
Heard from a reliable source that Doolin wanted the "challenge" of playing Linfield at Windsor Park in the semi-final , hence his lack of interest in last nights game. If true it has probably backfired on him coz Nutsys team is coming into form and if they beat Derry next week it will be a Shels v Drogs semi final with Linfield travelling to Cork.

Thats one of the most stupid things I've ever heard.

I think it was a cop out and a way to take the pressure off himself and the team. By doing so he sold your whole town and club short by harming your chances of making a final and earning a lot of cash. He wouldn't get away with that rubbish if he was in charge of city.

iceman
28/03/2006, 9:04 PM
The point Im making is that Doolin just might get out of jail here , following the draw at the Brandywell it looks like a Shels/Drogs semi-final , and most Drogs would have no problem with that. Could even end up a Cork/Drogs final yet!!

A face
29/03/2006, 1:35 AM
Behan had it coming

Why? what was he doing ??

:)

Nothing, and i'd put money on it too.

Peadar
29/03/2006, 8:22 AM
What did Connor do? I missed the highlights on Setanta last night.

Danny hit a belter from outside the area and Connor caught it but the momentum took him and the ball over the line. Behan went in on him and it would have been a free out since the goal wasn't given. That wasn't good enough for Connor, he had to throw a dig at Behan and was promptly sent off.

There's a rule in the Setanta Sports Cup that you can make 3 outfield substitutions and 1 goalkeeper substitution. There was some confusion about this because drogs had already used their 3 outfield substitutions but took off another outfield player in order to bring on their sub keeper. Some of us believed that the rule only allowed a keeper to come on for another keeper.

Either way it made little difference, we were out of sight at that stage and the drogs were heading for the exits.

David
30/03/2006, 10:10 AM

No complaints about the ref giving everything your way when you played at Windsor. It is about time we got a few decisions our way in this competition as referees have undoubtedly cost us points.