PDA

View Full Version : Team to Stuff the Saudi's

James
06/06/2002, 3:10 PM
oki doki .. here goes then, given the saudi's lack of strength in the air what would people think of this team to play them.. given the fact that we will be doing little if nay defending

---------------------------Given-----------------------------------
---Finnan-----Breen-------Staunton------- Kilbane---------
---Kelly-------Kinsella-----Holland----------Duff--------------
--------------Quinn--------Keane(the one not from cork) ----------------------

James
06/06/2002, 3:14 PM
that way we got kilbane who can push upto midfield
duff can attack up the wing as he looks more comfortable and does more damage there imo

and quinner can get those knock downs for keane and the on-rushing duff and holland et al

patsh
06/06/2002, 3:26 PM
I think it would be better to keep Quinn for the second half.
Saudi made quite a few chances in the game today, and are a much better side than their Germany performance. Change Reid for Harte, and the side has performed well enough so far....

I see there are still a few cheap shots being fired at RK. How quickly people forget the good stuff and concentrate on the bad............

Schumi
06/06/2002, 3:30 PM
________________Given______________

__Finnan___Cunningham__Staunton___Harte

__Reid______Kinsella__Holland________Duff

____________Quinn____Keane__________

I thought Kilbane looked very poor at left back against Germany. I'd be more confident with Harte there (I never thought I'd say that!). Reid is a better attacking option than Kelly too.

pete
06/06/2002, 3:51 PM
Finnan will play right back & Kelly left as Harte looks badly off form & very sluggish in the matches to date. I think its a gross exaggeration to say Harte won't play again but we need a solid defensive to base tuesdays game on.

I also thought Kilabne was poor when the germans closed him down but did fine when had a bit of pace.

If Duff is moved to the wing need a good defender behind him so he doesn't need to track back much.

The problem with putting Quinn up front is we tend pump too many high balls up plus he about good for only 60mins so maybe he of more use against a tiring saudi defense in the last 30mins. BTW Mick should have brought Quinn on 10mins earlier yesterday.

Neil
06/06/2002, 4:03 PM
Given

Finnan Breen Stan Kilbane

Reid M & M Duff

Quinn Keano (not the Judas one)

Wizzard
06/06/2002, 4:03 PM
________________Given______________

__Finnan___Cunningham__Staunton___Kelly

__Reid______Kinsella__Holland________Duff

____________Morrison____R.Keane_(He'll always be R.Keane) ________

Start with Morrison, he can get physical with the Saudi defense and then bring on Quinn for the second half.

3-1 to Ireland.

Colm
06/06/2002, 5:10 PM
__________Given_________
Finnan___Cunnigham___Stan___Harte
Reid____Kinsella____Holland___Duff
________Quinn_____Keane______

I went for Harte over Kelly simply for his free-kicks.
I believe Reid has shown he is well worthy of a starting place.

Neil
06/06/2002, 5:14 PM
I like Duff on the left too..... BUT.... you need someone who will help Ian Harte defensively. Duff and Harte on the same side could spell danger.

Colm
06/06/2002, 5:19 PM
Originally posted by Neil
I like Duff on the left too..... BUT.... you need someone who will help Ian Harte defensively. Duff and Harte on the same side could spell danger. Ok, putting Gary Kelly at left-full should sort that out.

Neil
06/06/2002, 5:22 PM
Originally posted by COLM
Ok, putting Gary Kelly at left-full should sort that out.

Yep. Another good option I think. Even though I'd go for Kilbane for this game only - becasue it's only Saudi Arabia.

brine2
07/06/2002, 7:41 PM
Given

Finnan - O'Brien - O'Shea - Kilbane

Reid - Healy - Kinsella - Mahon

Keane - Duff

I don't mind as long as McAteer doesn't play.

gustavo
07/06/2002, 11:31 PM
dunno how mahon healy and o shea are gonna stuff the saudis from the beaches they are no doubt sunning themselves from :D

The Legend
08/06/2002, 12:13 AM
Yeah,

How did Mahon come into the equasion?

:confused:

Jack_2001
08/06/2002, 1:44 AM
Quinn HAS to play from the start coz Germanians got FIVE goals against them from headers!

Neil
08/06/2002, 1:37 PM
Billo just reported there that Al-Jaber (main striker) and Al-Dosari (captain) will be missing from the Saudi team on Tuesday.

joe
08/06/2002, 2:39 PM
Al-Jaber is their captain, and both of them are their main strikers

brine2
08/06/2002, 3:17 PM
Of course I know who's in the squad - I'm just taking the ****. Get a grip people! :D

Edit: P*ss is a swear word?!

Steve
08/06/2002, 10:37 PM
Roy Keane is not 'judas'. That would be Mick McCarthy who deprived the team of any realistic chance when the quality teams come on and the celebration of draws against inferior teams is over.

Colm
09/06/2002, 5:17 PM
Originally posted by Steve
Roy Keane is not 'judas'.

Yawn! :rolleyes:

Steve
09/06/2002, 10:50 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by COLM
[B]

Yawn!

And another yawn for yet another drawn (out) game. Next time lets really stuff the Saudies 0-0. That'll show them.

trulan
10/06/2002, 9:59 AM
Originally posted by The Legend
Yeah,

How did Mahon come into the equasion?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

dont mind that how the hell did healy come into it

Neil
10/06/2002, 11:37 AM
Duff will score tomorrow. I can feel it.