PDA

View Full Version : Rovers 1-3 Derry

Pages : [1] 2

Rovers1
24/03/2006, 9:08 PM
listenened to the game on radio,Rovers seemed outplayed first half,but seemed to create more chances in the 2nd half,Liam Maloney said that 3-1 was not a desrerved scoreline,anyone at the game agree with him?

dancinpants
24/03/2006, 9:22 PM
The commentator on oceanfm said it was a deserved win for Derry.

Speranza
24/03/2006, 10:18 PM
An absolute walkover is how I would describe it. We never got out of first gear because we didn't need to. First half was a joke as a contest but we tried to walk the ball into the net as usual. Second half was equally as one sided, when we scored one Sligo needed an equaliser and pushed out allowing us to score more. A black fella came on for Rovers and seemed more effective than the battering ram of the first half.

Sligo will stay up because you didn't actually look a bad side more our midfield outplayed your own. Really good turn out support wise from Rovers but fairly quiet especially after we scored.

Who is your number 3? Must be about 15 stone.

Terry
24/03/2006, 10:48 PM
keith foy?

gustavo
24/03/2006, 11:03 PM
The very man , apparently had a howler of a backpass that led to the penalty.

The Stars
24/03/2006, 11:06 PM
no he didnt...it was mcnamara that gave the horrible back pass.
Foy was class tonight,Mc court got around him once all night and he was the only one.carrying weight but he can still beat players to the ball and tackle hard.

The Stars
24/03/2006, 11:09 PM
An absolute walkover is how I would describe it. We never got out of first gear because we didn't need to. First half was a joke as a contest but we tried to walk the ball into the net as usual. Second half was equally as one sided, when we scored one Sligo needed an equaliser and pushed out allowing us to score more. A black fella came on for Rovers and seemed more effective than the battering ram of the first half.

Sligo will stay up because you didn't actually look a bad side more our midfield outplayed your own. Really good turn out support wise from Rovers but fairly quiet especially after we scored.

ye were class but wouldnt call it a walk over...more of a "welcome to the premier league".
Darren Mansaram was the lad who came on and made a dope of yer defence....
Hughes and foy were good aswell but the rest were not at the races.......

sligoman
24/03/2006, 11:22 PM
no he didnt...it was mcnamara that gave the horrible back pass.The commentator on Ocean said Foy did it so I'd say that's where Gus heard it

dancinpants
24/03/2006, 11:44 PM
ye were class.

Say no more :D :p

Speranza
25/03/2006, 12:00 AM
Mansaram looked a busy wee player but I don't know how you seen him make "a dope of our defence from your end" considering the view you are complaining about in el main section. He was clueless when he actually got the ball.

You will stay up for defenite but I think you looked for the draw because I can't think of one chance you had.

Why did your keeper not get a red? Only in the EL would a keeper take a player down and the ref give a peno therefore acknowledging that Farren was in on goal and the Keeper not walk.

Bravo
25/03/2006, 7:23 AM

For long spells We were destroyed on the right FAZ was TERRIBLE! Leaving Peers exposed and leading to 1 if not two of the goals, Mckenzie came on and done a better job at right Full, Foy (tinky-winky) done well enough, Mc Court was a class above (could have Bet us on his own) the side the Gaffer finished with is nearly his best. Drop Faz (needs an arse kicking) & put Peers in there? Our defencie was panickey putting O’Hara under needless pressure at times e.g. The Peno (McNamara). Fair play to Derry if yer challenging I’m rooting for ye.

All in all: Boys against Men. We weren’t bad just not good enough.

BRING ON LONGFORD!

Fivesilver
25/03/2006, 8:11 AM
the ref give a peno therefore acknowledging that Farren was in on goal

There's an interesting idea. What would it have been if he wasn't in on goal? An indirect free-kick?:p

Anyway. As someone already said, wlecome to the Premier. Now we can have no doubts about the standard we have to compare with.
My prediction for last night was a 2-0 loss. I was optimistic at half-time, but I suppose it's lessons learned and move on.

gustavo
25/03/2006, 8:40 AM
Talked to two different people who were at the game said Foy was very good !
Not saying he wasnt just saying that they said on Ocean FM that he was at fault with the back pass which subsequently people at the game said it was McNamara.

red metal
25/03/2006, 9:31 AM
no he didnt...it was mcnamara that gave the horrible back pass.
Foy was class tonight,Mc court got around him once all night and he was the only one.carrying weight but he can still beat players to the ball and tackle hard.

Foy i thought played very well!mc court was moved over to the right in the second half and foy had the measure of him and mc court knew it to!But i think were very poor up front!It looks like it,s going to be a long season!Cant wait to here what the great Sean Conors has to say!

Red&White Rover
25/03/2006, 10:18 AM
Faz had a shocker AGAIN last night! he really should have been subbed i think but it was good craic until we went 2-0 down...just sorta went flat after that

Rory H
25/03/2006, 10:22 AM
Faz had a shocker AGAIN last night! he really should have been subbed i think but it was good craic until we went 2-0 down...just sorta went flat after that

ah when we scored it was good...

faz was poor alright....so was peers

manseram is class....

im worried about where the goal will come from

it wasnt a walkover and with a bit of luck we could have been level or at least 3-2

"walk the ball in the net"

not really....mc court just got by us and our keeper and defence kept ye out for a while...

good to be back though

gustavo
25/03/2006, 10:32 AM
Cant wait to here what the great Sean Conors has to say!
Don't know about him but i would like to hear what Sean Connor has to say:)

sligoman
25/03/2006, 10:36 AM
Does anyone else get annoyed when people refer to the Premier Division as "the Premiership"?

I know it's something silly but just p!sses me off, even Sean Connor calls it that sometimes:o.

The Stars
25/03/2006, 10:36 AM
Sean is the only person that calls it the premiership.....

Red&White Rover
25/03/2006, 10:47 AM
Sean is the only person that calls it the premiership.....

and its all the time...

feo123
25/03/2006, 10:58 AM
beaten by the better team! its not a really bad result considerin there argubally the 2nd best team in the country! we gave away 2 very poor goals and one own goal apart from them they never created too many clear chances! Mansaram shud start on monday!!

sligoman
25/03/2006, 11:32 AM
Sean is the only person that calls it the premiership.....I've heard fans calling it that too...

headtheball
25/03/2006, 11:33 AM
Fair play to Sligo,your fans did you's proud last night.Very colourful,can't beat the red and white stripes lads,i thought yous' came to support us.LOL.

Anyway,you look a decent side,far better than UCD who we played a few weeks ago.Look forward to our trip to Sligo as i has always been an enjoyable away trip.Great town...

redrov2005
25/03/2006, 12:27 PM
We were beaten out the gate. tbh it could have been 4 or 5. Derry were a yard or two faster to react. Our lads were very slow. Even our passing was slow while Derry's passing was very crisp. Have to say that few of our new signings impressed.

Think some of ye are going overboard on how good Foy was. He took 2 corners and they dribbled towards the near post and he hit a free straight into the wall. I know he delivered the corner for the goal but that had as much to do with Mansaram putting the keeper under pressure.

In fairness,McT was unlucky and got very little service.

Conor O'Grady was the only one i thought that could hold his head up high afterwards.

The Stars
25/03/2006, 3:47 PM
Think some of ye are going overboard on how good Foy was. He took 2 corners and they dribbled towards the near post and he hit a free straight into the wall. I know he delivered the corner for the goal but that had as much to do with Mansaram putting the keeper under pressure.

dont think we are going over the top with him at all.
yes he put in two bad corners but didnt see anyone else wanting to take them........apart from that he didnt put a foot wrong and was the only one who could handle McCourt.
Give it a month or so and you will be a fan of his.

red arrow
25/03/2006, 4:04 PM
i was at the match. just to clear a few things up on comments made. mcnamara layed the back pass short that led to the penalty although he didnt have a bad game overall. our front two mctiernan ( particularly him) and flannery were not forward enough and to pedestrian. my opinion is that mct is not good enough. faz can do some great things (like the pass he gave flannery in first half) but he needs to get more involved. ogrady dissapointed me in my opinion he nedds to be more aware as in the two games so far he was caught in posession to much. overall the defence was fairly resulute but mc court gave peers a hard time soley because he didnt cut him off (gave him to much space). hughes had a good game and was always trying , foy may be still a bit overweight but showed his class nad when mccourt switched foy didnt givre him a sniff. when mansaram came on we had much more impetus and looked a lot more menacing. judge wasnt on long enough but i would start with those two up front on monday . they have much more variation to there play than mct. and flannery. overall reality has being brought home to s.c. if he can refocus the team for monday we have a chance. i expect us to at least draw and maybe sneak it provided he starts with the 11 that finished although i would still consider peers

south sligo red
25/03/2006, 6:17 PM
Would it be fair in saying that adam hughes has being our best player so far after the two games. Wasnt at the derry game but was prob our most creative player against bohs.

Krstic
25/03/2006, 6:55 PM
Who was you number 8????

2 good feet and may have been more effective in the middle.

2 front men were unimpressive, but the guy Mansaram looked very useful.

Not a great game but good to see some decent away support.

sligoman
25/03/2006, 8:09 PM
Who was you number 8????

2 good feet and may have been more effective in the middle.Wasn't at the game but presume it was Turner? or maybe Hughes?:confused:.

gustavo
25/03/2006, 8:18 PM
probably Chris Turner the Northern Ireland U-19 Captain

Terry
25/03/2006, 9:14 PM
I see they showed some highlights, mainly all the goals on the BBC NI football results at 5pm this evening.

Red4Eva
25/03/2006, 9:22 PM
think red arrow is pretty much spot on. foy was our best player last night and over both games so far i've been seriously impressed. hughes was probably the only other player who could be happy with their performance. i think o'grady adjusted a little too well to the 1st div as his passing etc is not what it should be although his workrate is still spot on. mct was good last week but perhaps he should have scored considering he played well but this week he was terrible, he just can't hold on to the ball. the pass back was just unforgivable but mcnamara reacted well and showed the hunger to get a goal and won everything after that. turner should be disappointed with himself for not having more of an influence on the game considering the talent he has. o'hara made some decent saves but needs to be needs to be a lot calmer cos he slices every back pass. faz let himself down again. flannery did ok in 1st half but will lose his place if not better. mansaram was brillant when he came on and i'd be shocked if he doesn't start on monday.

realistically we shouldn't be expecting to get anythin in the brandywell at this stage so the lessons that were taught will be invaluable and i expect us to bounce back on monday.

turner was no.14 i can't remember who was no.8 but i'd say it was hughes.
surprised no1 has mentioned the shaved heads

Red&White Rover
25/03/2006, 9:22 PM
no. 8 was Faz and he had a shocker

sligoman
26/03/2006, 12:52 AM
surprised no1 has mentioned the shaved headsWho's that?:confused:.

feo123
26/03/2006, 10:20 AM
yeah....nearly half the team had shaved heads! peers, turner, mckenzie, judge, brush. all the new players! must have been for a laugh as they probably find sligo more boring than edinburgh, derby and what not!
turner must always want the no.14 jersey! must think he's johan cruyff!

The Stars
26/03/2006, 10:37 AM
no they probably have squad numbers and he is 14

feo123
26/03/2006, 11:51 AM
no coz mckenzie was 17 this week nd 16 last week! maybe ur right tho....we'll havta see tomorrow nite if mansaram is startin coz he has been 12 for the last 2 games! nd he cud be 9or10 tomorrow!?

gustavo
26/03/2006, 12:04 PM
bit stupid having squad numbers without names..

Magicme
26/03/2006, 10:33 PM
Has Foy shaved his hair?? Its much nicer short.

mvjpmcl
27/03/2006, 8:30 AM
How's it going and hope anyone can help? Can anyone supply me with a list of the subs and their numbers for the match v Derry?

thanks

Redzer
27/03/2006, 9:35 AM
How's it going and hope anyone can help? Can anyone supply me with a list of the subs and their numbers for the match v Derry?

thanks
This is how we lined out.
O’Hara 1
Peers 2
Foy 3
McNamara 4
Burns 5
O’Grady 6
Hughes 7
Kudozovic 8
Flannery 9
McTiernan 10
Mansaram 12
Turner 14
Curran 15
Brush 16
McKensie 17
Judge 20

mvjpmcl
27/03/2006, 10:30 AM
Thanks very much Redzer, cheers.

Rory H
27/03/2006, 10:49 AM
Has Foy shaved his hair?? Its much nicer short.

no....

Magicme
27/03/2006, 11:03 AM
actually spotted that when looked thro the pics on the Derry Gallery....would reckonise his arse anywhere so knew it was him!

roversforever
27/03/2006, 11:08 AM
actually spotted that when looked thro the pics on the Derry Gallery....would reckonise his arse anywhere so knew it was him!
....this is getting more gay by the minute!!:D

Rory H
27/03/2006, 11:09 AM

.. the club insist he wears a squad number just incase some of us dont recognise it:D

Magicme
27/03/2006, 11:20 AM
.. the club insist he wears a squad number just incase some of us dont recognise it:D

Aw thats handy so! Believe me tho you will learn to love his big butt!

Its not gay when I am female u big eejit roversforever...

Rory H
27/03/2006, 11:28 AM
right..ill keep an eye out for in tonight[if it passes the lunchtime inspection,thats the pitch,not keith foys arse....although sean connor is a strict boss:D ]

Magicme
27/03/2006, 11:39 AM
right..ill keep an eye out for in tonight[if it passes the lunchtime inspection,thats the pitch,not keith foys arse....although sean connor is a strict boss:D ]

Aww I miss big butts...with him gone, Philly Hughes at Dundalk and Graham Doyle retired, there are no asses bursting out of their shorts anymore...

I love big butts and I cannot lie....:D

roversforever
27/03/2006, 11:48 AM
aw that explains a few things!you should have said so earlier!sorry for calling you gay so. i suppose its ok for you to keep talking about him now!!:)