PDA

View Full Version : Jim 'master of the obvious' Beglin.

pete
05/06/2002, 6:03 PM
Didn't hear too much of the commentary on RTE today but from what I did hear Beglin seemed to be losing the rag in the 2nd half. Luckily George 'Danger here' Hamilton just about avoided being dragged down with Jim.

After praising the near side linesman for 'getting the flag up quickely' he then tells us half way through the second half '.....ireland must get something out of this game'

Dawhhh. :rolleyes:

joe
05/06/2002, 7:26 PM
They were dusgusted at one point when shots of the German subs warming up were shown when the ball was in play, though I imagine their reaction would have been a tad different if it was the Irish lads we were shown. Then at the end, as Finnnan is hoofing the ball forward, they're talking about Staunton getting their MOTM award and only return to commentating on the action after Keane had chested the ball down and was about to shoot :rolleyes:

pete
06/06/2002, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by joe
They were dusgusted at one point when shots of the German subs warming up were shown when the ball was in play

Yeah that was fairly funny alright - got a good laugh amoung our crowd here anyway. :D

Schumi
06/06/2002, 3:03 PM
The repeated shots of Mick McCarthy's legs were strange to say the least.

pete
06/06/2002, 3:44 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
The repeated shots of Mick McCarthy's legs were strange to say the least.

I think the japs (is it PC to call them that?) were facinated by the white legs as well as the fact he not wearing a suit like virtually all other managers.

;)

The Legend
07/06/2002, 10:07 PM
What about the Cameroon manager's hairstyle...

I've seen him many a time on those 70's german Sat 1 late night movies!

Ah the memories!

Des.

joe
07/06/2002, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by The Legend
What about the Cameroon manager's hairstyle...

I've seen him many a time on those 70's german Sat 1 late night movies!

yeah, himself and the Senegal coach :D

eoinh
08/06/2002, 6:08 PM
Originally posted by joe
They were dusgusted at one point when shots of the German subs warming up were shown when the ball was in play, though I imagine their reaction would have been a tad different if it was the Irish lads we were shown.

i was disgusted during the paraguay v south africa game that they left it with 5 minutes to go to talk about the first england match.

joe
08/06/2002, 6:30 PM
Originally posted by eoinh

i was disgusted during the paraguay v south africa game that they left it with 5 minutes to go to talk about the first england match.

and to add insult to injury, it's not like any of their 'experts' are calling the games right!