PDA

View Full Version : Ticket problem, help needed!

G-Man
23/03/2006, 1:46 AM
I got 3 Cat A tickets for Mexico Angola, 16th June on the fifa website, and paid for them on the 15th of Feb, and they got the money on the 20th (for which I have a receipt to prove).

Fifa sent me an email saying they got no payment and the tickets were cancelled. I emailed them saying WTF, and 3 weeks later (15th Mar) they got back to me (after another couple of emails from me) saying to fax them the receipt. I tried fax them, but the fools gave me the wrong number. When I asked for a proper number they said they cancelled the tickets on the 16th March. They said they cant find the payment and they cancelled the tickets and they hope they have my understanding on the matter! I have since emailed saying they completely dont have my understanding. I paid the full amount before the due date and now they fcuked up.

Anyone know what else I can do other than keep at them? Anyone else I should contact? Or is there any spare tickets floating about for other games (need 3 tickets for any game!)

Thanks for any suggestions! I'm still going to Germany, but its a bit of a mare without any tickets. I know there's a good chance I can pick some up there, but its still not the ideal situation.

gspain
23/03/2006, 10:00 AM
I presume you paid by bank transfer.

If so you will have the receipt. Your bank can confirm that payment went through.

Make sure you contact them with the official form on the website. They do respond to these. I had the same issue but they found the payment eventually.

Once they find the payment was made in time I imagine they will have to honour the tickets.

G-Man
24/03/2006, 12:10 AM
I presume you paid by bank transfer.

If so you will have the receipt. Your bank can confirm that payment went through.

Make sure you contact them with the official form on the website. They do respond to these. I had the same issue but they found the payment eventually.

Once they find the payment was made in time I imagine they will have to honour the tickets.

Yeah I have a copy of the receipt and I have the reference number that it is lodged in their account (which I emailed them), I got my bank to do a search on it and it is lodged with them. They said to fax it to them, but they gave me a wrong number, and then cancelled the tickets the next day.

And Sean, there is an email contact on the customer self service page. Go to help, ticket payment and problems with payment and you'll see the contact customer care bit. Thats what I've been writing to, but it took them 3 weeks to get back to me and then they cancelled the following day. They are quick to respond now though telling me they have cancelled the tickets.

I'm after writing to the FAI, Fifa and Uefa, I know none of them will be able to do anything, but they might know what to do or who to contact. Fingers crossed anyway.

gspain
24/03/2006, 10:30 AM
Remember the people dealing with the e-mail are frontline staff with standard responses to send back. they often won't even read your query and will just check your details and send back the standard - we have cancelled your tickets response.

Even if they have cancelled your tickets they should be in a position to replace them should they discover the payment. If you can find a postal address - try a registered letter. There was a postal address but I can't see it now.

If you want to post the fax number you were given maybe somebody can help decipher it.

UEFA and the F.A.I. would be a waste of time but FIFA are worth a shot - write with a photocopy of the bank receipt. Try writing directly to Sepp Blatter complaining about the ticketing arrangements and the automated responses.

It may not be much consolation but the ticketing ssytem gets screwed up every time. They normally wait until the very last minute to send them out despite their 6-8 weeks before the tournament rubbish.

Italia 90 - only had the first game v England before departure
USA94 - booked a 2nd round game in Orlando (did turn out to be ours) on the phone months beforehand - rang customer service a few days before departure and they were only planning to send out 2nd round tickets the week before the game i.e. in the middle of the tournament. Got it via Fedex day before I left for New York.

France 98 - whole system was a disaster - thankfully not affected as I got a couple of games from the F.A.I.

Japan/Korea 02 - tickets only sent the week beforehand and many fans left without tickets. They did organsie replacements though.

G-Man
08/06/2006, 12:00 AM
Well, just to update (I dont be on here much), the World Cup ticket ********s found the money and said they're sorry, they'll send it back to me. That was over a month ago. Still havent got the money. Just sent them another email saying how pis$ed off I am. Probably wont do any good, but maybe they might take notice of complaints and fix it for next time. Really annoyed over the whole situation tho. I'm heading off to Germany on Tuesday, so will try pick up some there. Probably be a hard but sure I'll just enjoy the time out there anyway.