PDA

View Full Version : How to be a man

Metrostars
22/03/2006, 3:03 PM
How to be a man

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. OPENING JARS - She's struggling. You take it from her hands, open it effortlessly and pretend she loosened it for you. She didn't. Jars are men's work.

2. CALLING SOMEONE 'SON' - Especially policeman but even saying it to kids makes you the man.

3. DOING A PROPER SLIDE TACKLE - Beckham free kicks - camp. A Stuart Pearce tackle is the pinnacle of the game, simultaneously winning the ball and crippling the man. Magic.

4. SHARPENING A PENCIL WITH A STANLEY KNIFE - Blunt, is it? Hand it here love. No, I don't need a sharpener, I've got a knife thanks!

5. GOING TO THE TIP - A manly act which combines driving, lifting and - as you thrillingly drop your rubbish into another huge pile of other rubbish - noisy destruction.

6. DRINKING UP - Specifically, rising from the table, slinging your coat on and downing two thirds of a pint in one fluid movement. Then nodding towards the door, saying, "Let's go" and striding out while everyone else struggles to catch up with you. You're hard.

7. HAVING A SCAR - Ideally it'll be a facial knife wound, but even an iron burn on the wrist is good. "Ooh, did it hurt". "Nah".

8. HAVING A HANGOVER AND THICK STUBBLE - When birds have been partying they just whinge. You on the other hand have physical evidence of your hardness, sprouting from your face. "Big night?" Grrrrr, what does it look like.

9. NODDING AT COPPERS - A moment's eye contact is all it takes for you to share the unspoken bond. "We've not seen eye to eye in the past", it says, "but someone's got to keep the little scrotes in line".

10. USING POWER TOOLS - Slightly more powerful than you need or can safely handle. Pneumatic drilling while smoking a ******? Superb.

11. KICKING A FOOTY AGAINST A GARAGE DOOR - Clang-g-g-g-g-g-! I kick so hard I set off car alarms.

12. ARRIVING IN A PUB LATE - And everyone cheers you. It doesn't mean you're popular, it just means your mates are ....... However, the rest of the pub doesn't know that.

13. NOT WATCHING YOUR WEIGHT - Fat is a feminist issue, apparently. Brilliant. Pass the pork scratchings.

14. CARVING THE ROAST - And saying "are you a leg or breast man?" to the blokes and "do you want stuffing?" to the women. Congratulations, you are now your dad.

15. WINKING - Turns women to putty. Doesn't it?

16. TEST SWINGING HAMMERS - Ideally, B&Q would have little changing rooms with mirrors so you could see how rugged you look with any DIY item. Until then, we'll make do with the aisles.

17. TAKING OUT £400 FROM A CASHPOINT - Okay, so its for paying the plumber later but with that much cash you feel like a mafia don. The only thing better is peeling notes off the roll later.

18. PHONE CALLS THAT LAST LESS THAN A MINUTE - Unlike birds, we get straight to the point. "Alright? Yep. Drink? Red lion? George, it is then. Seven. See ya."

19. PARALLEL PARKING - Bosh, straight in. First time. Can Schumacher do that? No, because his cars got no reverse gear which, technically, makes you the worlds best driver.

20. HAVING EARNED THAT PINT - Since the dawn of time, men have toiled in the fields in blistering heat. Why? So, when it's over we can stand there in silence, surveying our work with one hand resting on the beer gut while the other nurses a foaming jug of ale. Aaaah.

21. HAVING SOMETHING PROPERLY WRONG WITH YOU - Especially if you didn't make a fuss. "Why was I off, nothing much, just a brain haemorrhage".

22. KNOWING WHICH SCREWDRIVER IS WHICH - "A Phillips? For that? Are you mad, bint?"

23. TAKING A NEWSPAPER INTO THE LOO - A visual code that says that's right, I'm going in there for a huge, long man-sized ****.

24. NOT KNOWING ANYTHING ABOUT WHAT'S ON THE TELLY - soaps and celeb shows come and go but as you are far too busy arm-wrestling polar bears and conquering wildernesses you know nothing about them.

Magicme
22/03/2006, 7:09 PM
Aww the perfect man.

The Stars
23/03/2006, 3:34 PM
sligoman to a t

Magicme
23/03/2006, 7:21 PM
sligoman to a t

how can it be when he is only a boy??:eek:

dfx-
23/03/2006, 8:48 PM
I'm distinctly unnerved by the amount of ticks I can put on that list.......:eek: :o :D

Magicme
24/03/2006, 8:57 AM
I'm distinctly unnerved by the amount of ticks I can put on that list.......:eek: :o :D

*bats eyelashes and sits down beside dfx* HOW U DOIN??

dfx-
24/03/2006, 9:29 AM
*bats eyelashes and sits down beside dfx* HOW U DOIN??

:o ;)

Seriously....1, 3, 4, 5, 9, 11, 12, 13, 17, 18, 21, 22 and 23 sounds a little familiar too...:eek:

Peadar
24/03/2006, 9:38 AM
Hey Metrostars, when will you be getting your handle changed to Red Bull New York? :D

Magicme
24/03/2006, 9:56 AM
:o ;)

Seriously....1, 3, 4, 5, 9, 11, 12, 13, 17, 18, 21, 22 and 23 sounds a little familiar too...:eek:

*slides over even closer to dfx and giggles girly like*

dfx-
24/03/2006, 10:42 AM
*slides over even closer to dfx and giggles girly like*

Have I ever mentioned before about the thoroughly splendid view sitting here..? :cool: ;)

Perhaps I should get in touch with my *feminine* side....I'm sure Magicme can help there....;)

Magicme
24/03/2006, 10:52 AM
No but u can get in touch with my feminine side....:D

Rory H
24/03/2006, 10:57 AM
how can it be when he is only a boy??:eek:

clearly you've never seen him "perform" on match days then

Magicme
24/03/2006, 11:14 AM
Bloody did see him perform! Wee git smuggled beer in his bodhran on my watch!

sligoman
24/03/2006, 11:44 PM
Bloody did see him perform! Wee git smuggled beer in his bodhran on my watch!Eh, that was wild rover, not me. My "performance" is something different:D.

Magicme
25/03/2006, 1:08 AM
As far as I remember u all look the same....must be the inbreeding! :D

sligoman
25/03/2006, 1:13 AM
As far as I remember u all look the same....must be the inbreeding! I'll refresh yer auld memory for ya, I'm the guy who you tried to rob at the gate(:mad: ) and WR is the fella with the beer in the bodhran;) :D.

Magicme
25/03/2006, 1:14 AM
I'll refresh yer auld memory for ya, I'm the guy who you tried to rob at the gate(:mad: ) and WR is the fella with the beer in the bodhran;) :D.

Yup u all look the same.

The Stars
25/03/2006, 8:10 PM
different shoes magicme,thats how you tell them apart....
Sligoman goes for the slick black numbers while wildrover is a casual nike man..

Conor H
25/03/2006, 10:02 PM
Bloody did see him perform! Wee git smuggled beer in his bodhran on my watch!
B@stard!:D
None of that messin from the Galway boys....wasn't there not Magicme.;)

liam88
25/03/2006, 10:23 PM
Did you guys all meet at the Dublin meetup or what?

Metrostars
26/03/2006, 12:03 AM
Hey Metrostars, when will you be getting your handle changed to Red Bull New York? :D

I'm going to keep this going in honour of our illustrious past. :p

sligoman
26/03/2006, 2:00 AM
Did you guys all meet at the Dublin meetup or what?No, I saw magicme at a Mons/Rovers game but she didn't know it was me(still doesn't either:p), and wild rover and The Stars, I know from the Showgies. As for Conor H, we have a "troubled" past;) :D.

Conor H
26/03/2006, 8:57 AM
Well i met Magicme at the UTD v Monaghan game aswell.

Magicme
26/03/2006, 9:16 AM
No...they have all visited the hallowed ground that is CHP and enjoyed some special time with me!

The Stars
26/03/2006, 8:05 PM
ya,cheers for the that magicme....what a foot massage.

Magicme
26/03/2006, 10:03 PM
ya,cheers for the that magicme....what a foot massage.

Anytime! ;)

dfx-
26/03/2006, 10:28 PM
Wee git smuggled beer in his bodhran on my watch!

Luckily they're gone now...none of that would happen with the *kind*, *considerate*, *caring* travelling Hoops in three weeks...:cool: ;)

Magicme
26/03/2006, 10:51 PM
Luckily they're gone now...none of that would happen with the *kind*, *considerate*, *caring* travelling Hoops in three weeks...:cool: ;)

There better not be! We are hoping coz there will be no alcohol about that you mite actually see how **** rovers are instead of watching them thro the beer googles!
:D

Schumi
27/03/2006, 2:53 PM
There better not be! We are hoping coz there will be no alcohol about that you mite actually see how **** rovers are instead of watching them thro the beer googles!
:D
LOL Watching a match sober on Good Friday!

Strabane_Harp
27/03/2006, 3:07 PM
LOL Watching a match sober on Good Friday!

Some days im glad of that border you know :p

Schumi
27/03/2006, 3:21 PM
Just be prepared and make a trip to the Offie on the Thursday, sure.

Rory H
30/03/2006, 4:32 PM
I'll refresh yer auld memory for ya, I'm the guy who you tried to rob at the gate(:mad and WR is the fella with the beer in the bodhran:D.

i got a badhron bag now,it can hold 6 cans and do no damage to the badhron,no more cheap black bags for me

im praying we draw each other in the cup...id love to go down to mons again and to see what all the fuss is about[the stars is always going on about that foot rub:p ]

Magicme
30/03/2006, 5:39 PM
i got a badhron bag now,it can hold 6 cans and do no damage to the badhron,no more cheap black bags for me

im praying we draw each other in the cup...id love to go down to mons again and to see what all the fuss is about[the stars is always going on about that foot rub:p ]

Ha ha....hope we do get u in the cup....would like to take the premier new boys scalps!

dfx-
30/03/2006, 7:14 PM
....would like to take the premier new boys scalps!

I wouldn't call the Sligs a 'scalp' just yet....;) :p

sligoman
01/04/2006, 12:08 AM
I wouldn't call the Sligs a 'scalp' just yet....:pDon't be jealous dfx;) :D.

CollegeTillIDie
05/04/2006, 8:11 AM
Magicme

I have been secretary of a women's soccer team for 9 years. Around the time I got that job I was asked by a female colleague at work if I felt I was in touch with my feminine side.. to which I replied " Of course I am on the sideline with them every Sunday during the football season " :D

Magicme
05/04/2006, 8:13 AM
Magicme

I have been secretary of a women's soccer team for 9 years. Around the time I got that job I was asked by a female colleague at work if I felt I was in touch with my feminine side.. to which I replied " Of course I am on the sideline with them every Sunday during the football season " :D

ha ha....go on ctid!