PDA

View Full Version : Lack of Mayo League Websites ?

gotribe
22/03/2006, 12:07 AM
I've just been looking through the thread with clubs website and notice their are very few clubs in mayo with websites, cbar!!!,crossmolina, snugboro and even ballinrobe town are building a website at the moment,

when you click on the galway league or roscommon league alot of clubs have websites up and running, now don't get me wrong,not everyone has a head for computers, speaking myself i am not too familar with computers, and i also understand that you all have jobs and your own lives but dont you think it would be great for each individual club to maybe mention at their next meeting about the possibility of undergoing such a task?? for the young lads in collage in dublin,galway,cork etc, to check up on latest news.

take a look at the websites and see for yourself??

it is not criticism, just a thought.

any thoughts lads??

A face
22/03/2006, 3:12 AM
It really depends on how much work the secretary of the club wants to do, if he wants to be on the phone all weekend and giving info and data on players, teams, scores, fund raising, rules, membership forms, history, anything and everything then dont bother with a site

If he wants to say "Yeah, Its on the website, its all done for ya so anyway ... hows life, blah blah blah" (call is 10% of normal time) then he builds a website.

A basic and nowadays essential tool to run any club. When you hear club officials giving out about little time etc. and they spend all weekend on the phone, what do they expect like ??

juan pablo
23/03/2006, 12:19 PM
i can recommend some good websites where you can set up a free website, its very easy to use, you dont have to know the coding or anything, the site is www.freewebs,com

once you have your website ready, you can buy a domain name for around 30euro per year, for example

if you were to start building on freewebs the site would have the following address
www.freewebs.com/liverpool

for 30 euro you can transfer the domain name to www.liverpool.com

anyone interested PM me and i can offer more help, thats my job description!! and im from mayo.