PDA

View Full Version : Gary Hamilton

Risteard
21/03/2006, 9:52 AM
What's the story with him?
He hasn't really been linked to anyone as far as i know. Is McFall likely to bring him back in from the cold?
From what i've seen of him, i reckon he could do a job for any team down south.

Dassa
21/03/2006, 10:43 AM
No chance of getting another try at the Ports.

Risteard
21/03/2006, 10:46 AM
Ya, i remember McFall saying something similar last year but bridges seem to be burned now.
What happened, is he trouble?

pete
21/03/2006, 11:22 AM
I hear he pulls a mean pint. Maybe follow Vinny to the big pub...?

Raheny Red
22/03/2006, 9:01 AM
Well according to Linfield fans he was in the Riverside on Monday night!

A face
23/03/2006, 12:49 AM
Whats the story ... did he bet against Ports or something ??
Whats the story there?

David
23/03/2006, 7:35 AM
His social activities do not exactly tie in with life as a professional footballer.

glentoranfan
23/03/2006, 4:05 PM
Rumors are Glentoran are interested in him - maybe. As a footnote, we have signed yet another Portadown reject: Kyle Neill.

I wonder when will Glentoran learn to stop buying over paid has beens. He will be a Glentoran player, so I will be behind him, and he may not be too bad, but I am not a great advocate for Hamilton at all.

SwiftsSupporter
23/03/2006, 9:57 PM
Glens have agreed to sign Hamilton and now the BBC say that Neill has not yet signed

glentoranfan
24/03/2006, 5:17 PM
It's transpared today we have taken the two of them.

From glentoran.net:

"Portadown's Gary Hamilton and Kyle Neill have agreed to join Glentoran from the start of next season. Both players have agreed two-year deals with an option for a further 12 months. Gary Hamilton will be joining the club as a Full-Time Professional.

Gary who is 25, signed for Portadown in 2001 where he struck up a prolific partnership with Vinny Arkins. His performances over the previous two seasons lead to the Lisburn born striker making five full appearances for the National Team. In addition Gary has made 1 'B' International appearance and 12 U21 appearances. His previous clubs are Lisburn Boys, Blackburn Rovers, Rochdale and Raufoss (Norway).

Kyle Neill who turns 28 at the end of this month also signed for Portadown in 2001 and plays in midfield. His previous clubs are Armagh City and Linfield.

Manager Paul Millar said, "They will be two good signings for the club. Kyle Neill has a great delivery from set pieces and can score goals. He has been a regular in the Portadown side over the last five seasons."

"Gary Hamilton has so much to prove, to prove people wrong. A year ago he was a Northern Ireland International. I think we have got a bargain in a 25 year old striker, who two seasons ago scored 40 goals in one season and averages around 20 a season, but this year has been poor for him and there may be reasons for that.""

I have never been 100% sure about Hamilton by any means, and I have read that Kyle Neill has maybe not been his best either of late (only he's not a smoker and heavy drinker like Hamilton:rolleyes: )

I have faith in Windy Millar however. Things at the club immediately looked up upon his arrival, so I have believe that he can get the pair of them back to the players they once were.