a mate has decided to go to blackpool for his stag do in june
anyone ever been?? any good?

Peadar
20/03/2006, 9:28 AM
a mate has decided to go to blackpool for his stag do in june
anyone ever been?? any good?

I lived there for 18 months.
Great craic!
Ryanair will get you over from Dublin for under €50 return.

There's the strip, which runs along the waterfront. That's where all the stags go. Endless pubs and clubs. Loads of loose women.
The Pleasure Beach should be opening soon. You should try the rollercoasters when you're dying of a hangover. :D

Magicme
20/03/2006, 10:07 AM
Will ask our Club Barmaid bout what pubs to go to....she's from there....wicked accent....alrite chuck!

drinkfeckarse
20/03/2006, 1:26 PM
Been there a few times, great craic if not a little tacky but you get out of it what you want.

The Pleasure Beach is good and the people are alright too. The pubs are decent, I remember one in particular that had lots of good looking barmaids running around in skimpy underwear etc. Very enjoyable but can't remember the name of the place now.

aidz1
21/03/2006, 8:22 AM
grand, soudds like slagville
can you recommend any hotels to stay in thats suitable for 10 lads heading over...(usual - affordable, clean, tolerant of groups, close to most things etc.)

aidz1
06/04/2006, 8:31 AM
bump...
anyone??????

Peadar
06/04/2006, 11:27 AM
can you recommend any hotels to stay in thats suitable for 10 lads heading over

Any of these hotels (http://www.cheaphotelbookings.com/uk-hotels/blackpool-hotels-2.htm) are fine.

Magicme
06/04/2006, 11:33 AM
Forget Blackpool and come to Letterkenny on the rip with me this weekend!

Pauro 76
06/04/2006, 12:53 PM
Forget Blackpool and come to Letterkenny on the rip with me this weekend!

Ah Letterkenny, had my brother's stag night there and a cracking spot for a stag night. But Blackpool, now theres somewhere that'd be a cracking weekend....

aido_b
06/04/2006, 2:48 PM
headin down to blackpool next weekend ... heard great things about it! plenty of women and plenty of booze!

Pauro 76
06/04/2006, 2:53 PM
headin down to blackpool next weekend ... heard great things about it! plenty of women and plenty of booze!

let us know how it goes... need a good old lads weekend soon...

aido_b
06/04/2006, 2:55 PM
let us know how it goes... need a good old lads weekend soon...

yeah will do, have you considered headin up here to wollyhampton. it has a bad rep but its great for a laugh! pretty cheap as well!

Pauro 76
06/04/2006, 3:18 PM
yeah will do, have you considered headin up here to wollyhampton. it has a bad rep but its great for a laugh! pretty cheap as well!

never entered me head...never been for a night out in the midlands, but a mate of mine from Meath coming over a few weeks time, we're planning a lads night away from London, ill consider that one.... London's grand but it's good to get away from it for a bit!

Peadar
06/04/2006, 4:06 PM
yeah will do, have you considered headin up here to wollyhampton.

Ah good old Wollyhampton!
Lived in Shropshire for 6 months back in 1999 and used to get into Wolverhampton quite a bit. Great town when the college girls are back.

What's that big club at the end of the tram line called?

aido_b
06/04/2006, 5:24 PM
is it called New York New York? thats just as ya come on into the centre! yeah its class at the minute!