Eire06
20/03/2006, 8:39 AM
Congrats to both
Salthill\Knocknacarra
and
Portumna
for winning both the football and hurling club finals of St.Patricks Day :D

You have done the county proud :cool:

Hopefully you've started a winning streak from all Galway teams ;)

Eire06
20/03/2006, 9:57 AM
Hopefully they wont...just galway winning doesnt appeal to ma at all-dont know why;) !Anyway crossmolina should have beaten salthill only for ciairan mac missed the penalty!!

Ya ya ya Whatever!

Missing Penalties doesn't put points on the board!! so there's no 'should have beaten' there's just 'they couldn't beat'

You Mayo ones are all the same - think its an inferior complex or something:rolleyes:

Kerry Blue
21/03/2006, 6:24 PM
Why not back the seniors in both hurling and football to do the All-Ireland double this year. You'll get odds of about 90-1.

Conor H
21/03/2006, 9:06 PM
Well as a Knocknacarra man i couldn't give a crap!;)
GUFC TILL I DIE

hamish
21/03/2006, 9:24 PM
I'm delighted for Portumna's coach Jimmy Heverin. He's a very nice bloke and here's something you won't know. I coached Portumna FC in the Galway League 20 years ago for a couple of season's and Jimmy was the captain and a fine soccer player as well as playing hurling then too. A real sportsman and the success couldn't happen a nice bloke.
Eugene McEntee is/was also a fine soccer player and played for my schools team. He was excellent as either a centre alf or centre forward and had a great touch for a big lad. Believe it or not, I met him at the shop across the road about 5 years ago and he was mad keen to get a trial with Athlone Town.:D
Eugene is also a nice bloke and I'm happy for him too.
Well done to both Galway teams.:)

Eire06
22/03/2006, 7:56 AM
Why not back the seniors in both hurling and football to do the All-Ireland double this year. You'll get odds of about 90-1.
Will do:D

Well as a Knocknacarra man i couldn't give a crap!
GUFC TILL I DIE
If you don't give a crap don't post in this thread:rolleyes:
Some people do have the mentality of being able to follow numerous sports and are proud when teams from our county do well in a national final..
Now off you go little boy to argue with the Sligo ones;)

Eire06
22/03/2006, 9:52 AM
I wish i could relate to mayo doing well in a national final:confused:

They are the "All Ireland Club Final." How much more national can you get?

I know it would be hard for you to relate to Mayo winning anything no wonder you are confused poor angel :rolleyes:

Terry
22/03/2006, 12:41 PM
Congrats to Salthill/knocknacarra/chelsea on there great accomplishment, especially to the ex-GUFC players. Great Achievement.

Also, Congrats to Portumna on winning the hockey tournament

Eire06
22/03/2006, 2:40 PM
Congrats to Salthill/knocknacarra/chelsea on there great accomplishment, especially to the ex-GUFC players. Great Achievement.

Also, Congrats to Portumna on winning the hockey tournament

Was waiting for you to comment :rolleyes:

Terry
22/03/2006, 3:02 PM
Was waiting for you to comment :rolleyes:

At least I had nothing negative to say this time:)

paul_oshea
28/03/2006, 4:41 PM
ya go on gordon morley and sean mcmenamin, both former st kevins players!!!!!!

up the ros!!

paul_oshea
28/03/2006, 4:45 PM

well, simple 9 players for knocknacara are fooken from mayo and ros/leitrem/sligo respectively!!!!!!

they are the west of ireland version of NA FIANNA!!!!

paul_oshea
28/03/2006, 4:47 PM
I wish i could relate to mayo doing well in a national final

you can!!!! you can celebrate with eire06 half and half as 7 are MAYO registereed players ;)

so the location is all that really matters then isnt it ;) :(

can someone merge my 3 posts?!?!

CollegeTillIDie
01/04/2006, 12:07 PM
well, simple 9 players for knocknacara are fooken from mayo and ros/leitrem/sligo respectively!!!!!!

they are the west of ireland version of NA FIANNA!!!!
AS Brendan Behan once said Fook the Begrudgers :D
Specially well done to Portumna though... would love to see Galway win another All-Ireland Hurling title... unless of course Dublin make their long awaited breakthrough this year ....:D

hamish
01/04/2006, 12:20 PM
AS Brendan Behan once said Fook the Begrudgers :D
Specially well done to Portumna though... would love to see Galway win another All-Ireland Hurling title... unless of course Dublin make their long awaited breakthrough this year ....:D

CTID - as I mentioned above, Ports captain Eugene McEntee is a huge footie fan and I reckon he would have made EL level. Tried to get him over to Athlone in the 90s when he was 13 or 14 but the costs of travellling to and from Athlone ruled it out. Big lad but great skill on the ball.

CollegeTillIDie
01/04/2006, 12:39 PM
CTID - as I mentioned above, Ports captain Eugene McEntee is a huge footie fan and I reckon he would have made EL level. Tried to get him over to Athlone in the 90s when he was 13 or 14 but the costs of travellling to and from Athlone ruled it out. Big lad but great skill on the ball.

hamish
Isn't the brother of former Galway United player Donie Farragher involved with one of the major GAA clubs in County Galway?

hamish
01/04/2006, 12:50 PM
hamish
Isn't the brother of former Galway United player Donie Farragher involved with one of the major GAA clubs in County Galway?

TBH don't know CTID - kinda rings a bell - but there's a huge lot of Gah players who have played junior footie here so I guess it's true.:)