PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Reading

gustavo
19/03/2006, 9:19 PM
http://gypsiesweb.proboards48.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1142794432

Redtop
19/03/2006, 9:35 PM
disgraceful..wonder who the steward was?

sligoman
19/03/2006, 9:43 PM
disgraceful..wonder who the steward was?I can give ya his initials?:D. Tis very ODd;)

Redtop
19/03/2006, 10:29 PM
he'd never do anything to upset opposition fans:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Redzer
20/03/2006, 9:55 AM
I’m sorry he lost his ipod. I would hope Rovers will compensate him for his loss, but the guy came to the Showgrounds with the intention of throwing objects on to the pitch, or at players. What did he expect if he was caught in possession of banned objects? O.K. son, carry on.!!!! Muppet.
WTF did he give away his bag and ipod? Surely he should have handed over the offending objects and held on to the rest of his property.
The Stewards did a very good job. There was absolutely no problems or trouble at the game. That means more families will come to the games, when they see and hear that any troublemakers will be dealt with.
Creating an atmosphere by throwing objects onto the pitch, I don’t think so.

The Stars
20/03/2006, 10:04 AM
Im sure he was treated badly but the arguement that he was only trying to create an atmosphere with till roles is stupid.Were they going to set up a shop in the ground that they needed till rolls.....No,they were for throwing on the pitch which is not allowed.
I wonder was the steward a Santa Clause look a like.

LukeO
20/03/2006, 11:23 AM
Pinch of Salt springs to mind ! Create an atmosphere with till rolls all i seen them do was throwing them at Foy when he came over to take a free !

Well I've been going to eL games for several years now and have never seen till rolls confiscated off people. Its ridiculous. The security also confiscated our flag polls ffs. :rolleyes:

The security guy CavanBohs is referring to (grey hair, beard) was an absolute tosser. I've never seen the likes of him at an eL game before. He was a ****ing disgrace and a liar too.

I'd like to think Sligo fans would never be treated in such a manner if they travelled to Dalymount and I would be shocked if they were.

CharlesThompson
20/03/2006, 11:25 AM
I have to say that I only experienced positive stuff from the staff and support at Sligo Rovers myself on Saturday night. I felt that although a lot of the Bohs support were well oiled and despite a dismal effort by our team that we behaved ourselves impecably (sp.). There are idiots that support every team in the country and there are over vociferous stewards at some grounds - all it takes is one or the other to make a headline.

Thankfully in the main the game went off without major incident which is the way it is mostly in my experience.

It seems the chap in question was told to hand over his bag and not just the offending material. I think the main point is that the bag was 'given to somebody else' which obviously should never have happened. If the steward was doing his job properly he would have confiscated the the till rolls and the tifo flag handle. if he did this we probably wouldn't be hearing about this today.

max power
20/03/2006, 11:33 AM
just to let you know in advance, no TIFO poles allowed into Flancare next monday or till rolls or toilet rolls or i pods or underpants either, in fact if you could hold your breath for the entire duration of the game as well it would be great:mad:

serious no tifo poles:)

Rory H
20/03/2006, 12:14 PM
its their own fault

"create atmosphere":rolleyes:

what atmosphere does it create when they throw toilet roll on the pitch and their players are forced to pick it up before kick off..its idiocy....

Patrick Dunne
20/03/2006, 12:43 PM
Someone in Ollies house must have a birthday coming up !

Redtop
20/03/2006, 4:58 PM
fair play to the stewards for confiscating the missiles but come on giving his bag back to someone who claimed to be his friend that is very stupid and unprofessional

Guts&Glory
21/03/2006, 9:49 AM
As others have said , creating an atmosphere with til roll - do me a favour mate!!!

However if the scenario is true, I must admit myslef and myBrother did see a lad get his bag taken off him outside the ground due to some cans being inside the bag which is fair enough, it does no favours for Rovers.

It doesnt take too much effort to hand a raffle ticket to te guy you whos bag you are confiscating and stick the copy to his back and leave same in the office, as in a cloakroom in any nightclub, or even get him to scribble his name on the back of the ticket so jno confusion arises.

Then it would simply be, No TICKET NO BAG RETURNED, if ticket is lost show ID match ID to name on back of ticket on bag. Hey Presto happy customers all around.

As for the TIFO flagpoles, they are not supposed to be let into grounds under new regulations, same happens at international games .

Techinicallythe tops of the soft drink bottles should also be confiscated before selling same from shop inside the ground.

A bit carzy I know, especially if you have kids who only want a sip of drink at a time but thems the rules due to the few idiots that would use the bottles as missiles at times.

CavanBohs
22/03/2006, 10:00 PM
I brought till rolls to create atmosphere and not to throw at players. Till rolls are used all over Europe and are used for displays. If you'se had a clue you would know that. There is no reason for them to be banned as how many times have players been hit by till rolls compared to coins. Should coins be banned at grounds then. If someone wants to throw something at a player they are going to use what ever they can find so it's not going to make much of a difference if they have till rolls or not.

There was no reason to take the tifo flag pole either. It wasn't as if we were going to extend it and start pokig the players on the pitch with. Next you'll be banning making noise over a certain level.

As for Ollie. He shouldn't be allowed to do stewarding ever again. He thought he could get away with ****ing of Bohs fans but he hasn't. He is a blatent liar and a disgraceful excuse for a steward.

livehead1
23/03/2006, 12:32 AM
what do you expect from stewards, silver spoon service? yeh, he was in the wrong, but there low paid, low trained, generally low intelligence and they don't really give two fecks about their job. It's just for a few hours a week standing in the cold. Will this particular steward keep his job i wonder?

Magicme
23/03/2006, 8:21 AM
what do you expect from stewards, silver spoon service? yeh, he was in the wrong, but there low paid, low trained, generally low intelligence and they don't really give two fecks about their job. It's just for a few hours a week standing in the cold. Will this particular steward keep his job i wonder?

The FAI along with FETAC are trying to remove the "low trained" bit from the equation with Stewarding courses (feck just remembered have to send in my assignment!!!!!) And as for being low paid....lucky feckers get money....our stewards are volunteers. As for low intelligence, that is pathetic, a monkey can be taught how to treat people with courtesy and assist them....it aint rocket science u know.

max power
23/03/2006, 8:27 AM
I brought till rolls to create atmosphere and not to throw at players. Till rolls are used all over Europe and are used for displays. If you'se had a clue you would know that. .

There was no reason to take the tifo flag pole either. It wasn't as if we were going to extend it and start pokig the players on the pitch with. Next you'll be banning making noise over a certain level. .

cavanbohs, were you going to around after the game and pick up all the till rolls, do you have an idea of the mess they leave behind. to quote yourself, if you had a clue you would know that.

on the tifo poles etc, you are entering private property with rules, if you don't like them you dont have to enter. i dont agree with with happened to your bag afterwards, but your reasoning above is pathetic.

also the stewarts at bohs games are no angels either:rolleyes:

The Stars
23/03/2006, 8:35 AM
I brought till rolls to create atmosphere and not to throw at players. Till rolls are used all over Europe and are used for displays. If you'se had a clue you would know that.
how were you going to create an atmosphere with till roles if your not gonna throw them on the pitch...........how are they used for displays?

Ash
23/03/2006, 9:16 AM
I brought till rolls to create atmosphere and not to throw at players. Till rolls are used all over Europe and are used for displays. If you'se had a clue you would know that. There is no reason for them to be banned as how many times have players been hit by till rolls compared to coins. Should coins be banned at grounds then. If someone wants to throw something at a player they are going to use what ever they can find so it's not going to make much of a difference if they have till rolls or not.

When Ireland played away to Greece supporters were searched for coins
as they were not allowed bring them into the stadium. I think they wanted
people to leave their coins in a pile along the wall outside the ground.

Redzer
23/03/2006, 9:30 AM
AFAIK stewards in the Showgrounds are not paid. It is totally voluntarily. I don’t think they would volunteer if they did not give two fecks. They are there in order that the general public can come out as individuals or as a family unit, and enjoy an evening’s sport, without thugery by a minority of so-called supporters.
All stewards must now undergo an FAI training coarse. It may not be the answer, but it’s a start.
The low intelligence that you speak of is the moron’s who bring alcohol, and the likes into the ground.
The reason Cavan Bohs has stated for bringing till rolls into the ground, tells you what level of intelligence of these guys. Throwing till rolls on the pitch will create an atmosphere!!!
I’m missing something here. I’m going to football for a heck of a long time, and I have get to get the urge to bring along rolls of paper, to enjoy myself.
Every ground in Ireland has a set of rules clearly posted. If you enter the grounds, you must accept their rules.
Ollie Davey is more than a steward; he is also a member of the M.C. So he should know better than to give away a bag belonging to someone else.
Like I said before, I hope Rovers compensates this guy for his loss. But, I’d hope he too has learned a lesson.
Read the rules, and if you cant abide by them. Stay away.

livehead1
23/03/2006, 10:43 AM
AFAIK stewards in the Showgrounds are not paid. It is totally voluntarily. I don’t think they would volunteer if they did not give two fecks. They are there in order that the general public can come out as individuals or as a family unit, and enjoy an evening’s sport, without thugery by a minority of so-called supporters.
All stewards must now undergo an FAI training coarse. It may not be the answer, but it’s a start.
The low intelligence that you speak of is the moron’s who bring alcohol, and the likes into the ground.
The reason Cavan Bohs has stated for bringing till rolls into the ground, tells you what level of intelligence of these guys. Throwing till rolls on the pitch will create an atmosphere!!!
I’m missing something here. I’m going to football for a heck of a long time, and I have get to get the urge to bring along rolls of paper, to enjoy myself.
Every ground in Ireland has a set of rules clearly posted. If you enter the grounds, you must accept their rules.
Ollie Davey is more than a steward; he is also a member of the M.C. So he should know better than to give away a bag belonging to someone else.
Like I said before, I hope Rovers compensates this guy for his loss. But, I’d hope he too has learned a lesson.
Read the rules, and if you cant abide by them. Stay away.

yeh, i wasn't condoning the carryin of till rolls into the ground, but the treatment received was nevertheless very poor.

CavanBohs
23/03/2006, 11:39 AM
Look at the picture in the top right. That was what we wasn't to do, obviously not on the same scale. It's matter of opinin but I think that looks good. Better atmosphere at games will attract more fans.
http://www.mouvement-ultra.com/index.php?page=photo&choix_id_equipe=&page_photo=33papelitos=&cortege=&tifo=&gestuelle=&pot=&message=&p2mat=&fumi=&voile=&incident=&ordre=#

Redzer shut the **** up. You don't know me so how do you know what level of intellegence I have.

The Star where did I say I wasn't going to throw them on the pitch.

max power
23/03/2006, 11:57 AM
you never said you were going to clean up the mess you leave either:rolleyes:

CavanBohs
23/03/2006, 12:04 PM
you never said you were going to clean up the mess you leave either:rolleyes:
What stadium makes fans clean up after themselves? If you clean up after yourselves in Dalymount we'll clean up after ourselves.;)

Redzer
23/03/2006, 12:10 PM
Look at the picture in the top right. That was what we wasn't to do, obviously not on the same scale. It's matter of opinin but I think that looks good. Better atmosphere at games will attract more fans.
http://www.mouvement-ultra.com/index.php?page=photo&choix_id_equipe=&page_photo=33papelitos=&cortege=&tifo=&gestuelle=&pot=&message=&p2mat=&fumi=&voile=&incident=&ordre=#

Redzer shut the **** up. You don't know me so how do you know what level of intellegence I have.

I look forward to going to Dalymount already. Will it the Jody stand that will have this display?

max power
23/03/2006, 12:24 PM
What stadium makes fans clean up after themselves? If you clean up after yourselves in Dalymount we'll clean up after ourselves.;)

i must bring my wheely bin up with me then. one thing to have a crisp bag, another will rolls and roll sof paper for "display"

The Stars
23/03/2006, 12:31 PM
Look at the picture in the top right. That was what we wasn't to do, obviously not on the same scale.

3 points to make to you cavanbohs:
1.didnt realise thats what the rolls were for.......although why didnt ye use the ones ye threw onto the pitch for that?

2.does throwing stuff onto the pitch at to the atmosphere?

3.Its "The Stars" not The Star.

roversfan
23/03/2006, 8:20 PM
interesting one this...id love to know where this guy was sitting during the game?Would it have been in the new stand near the shed end.
Because if it was you who came in there with another guy and left around half-time on ur own, only to return with about 15 minutes left.
you spent alot of your time giving out about having things taken off you ,on your way in by the stewards...but .......what about your mobile or was it something else...

CavanBohs
23/03/2006, 8:25 PM
interesting one this...id love to know where this guy was sitting during the game?Would it have been in the new stand near the shed end.
Because if it was you who came in there with another guy and left around half-time on ur own, only to return with about 15 minutes left.
you spent alot of your time giving out about having things taken off you ,on your way in by the stewards...but .......what about your mobile or was it something else...

I don't think that's me. I was over the other side the whole game.

roversfan
23/03/2006, 8:26 PM
but i have to agree with some of the bohs support, there is one or two of our stewards who leave alot to be desired for, ask any galway fan that?

CavanBohs
23/03/2006, 8:32 PM
3 points to make to you cavanbohs:
1.didnt realise thats what the rolls were for.......although why didnt ye use the ones ye threw onto the pitch for that?

2.does throwing stuff onto the pitch at to the atmosphere?

3.Its "The Stars" not The Star.

If were are correcting each other then it's "adds" not "at" to the atmosphere and it's CavanBohs not cavanbohs.

Redzer if you want a display like that in the JODI it can be arranged but if you want in the Jody I don't know if I can do that.;)

The Stars
24/03/2006, 9:31 AM
good one.....
but you didnt answer my questions

marktis
24/03/2006, 9:50 AM
good one.....
but you didnt answer my questions

Did the Bohs fans intend throwing the stuff onto the pitch? Looking at the picture on the link he sent the "til rolls" are covering the stand.

Have to say it looks excellent but am not sure that it would look so good in a small league of ireland stadia

Redzer
24/03/2006, 10:37 AM
Did the Bohs fans intend throwing the stuff onto the pitch? Looking at the picture on the link he sent the "til rolls" are covering the stand.

Have to say it looks excellent but am not sure that it would look so good in a small league of ireland stadia
The rest of the Bohs fans threw the till rolls, that they sneaked past Ollie, onto the pitch. So, I assume Cavan Bohs meant to do likewise.
And it looked nothing like the picture. More like litter scattered on the ground.

sligoman
24/03/2006, 7:25 PM
CavanBohs, be realistic, you were going to feck the till rolls onto the pitch, just admit it. Till rolls do not create an atmosphere! If you want to create an atmosphere, then sing more songs than "we are Bohs" or "we're from Dublin, we're better than you". Songs create atmospheres, not till rolls:rolleyes:. Oliver Davey should not have taken yer bag in fairness, but really, why did you try and bring till rolls into the ground in the first place, did you not know the stewards would be carrying out searches?:confused:

CavanBohs
24/03/2006, 8:19 PM
CavanBohs, be realistic, you were going to feck the till rolls onto the pitch, just admit it. Till rolls do not create an atmosphere! If you want to create an atmosphere, then sing more songs than "we are Bohs" or "we're from Dublin, we're better than you". Songs create atmospheres, not till rolls:rolleyes:. Oliver Davey should not have taken yer bag in fairness, but really, why did you try and bring till rolls into the ground in the first place, did you not know the stewards would be carrying out searches?:confused:

Where have I said that I wasn't going to throw them on the pitch. I was hardly going to throw them to the back of the stand. I couldn't hear you'se sing much.

I brought till rolls as I have never heard of till rolls being confiscated before. I had quite a few till rolls with me and was intending to hand them out to others so we could do some sort of a display.

sligoman
24/03/2006, 8:21 PM
I brought till rolls as I have never heard of till rolls being confiscated before. I had quite a few till rolls with me and was intending to hand them out to others so we could do some sort of a display.Well you were caught out, so hard luck!:p.

Red&White Rover
25/03/2006, 11:25 AM
i agree with sligoman, if you want to create an atmosphere then sing louder...whats the point of brining till rolls if your just gioin to chuck them onto the pitch to create a "better atmosphere"...it just disrupts the game

LukeO
28/03/2006, 1:22 PM
why did you try and bring till rolls into the ground in the first place, did you not know the stewards would be carrying out searches?:confused:

It might be the norm in Sligo, but in almost any other eL ground you go to you won't have till rolls confiscated off you so why were we to believe it would be any different in Sligo? Till rolls are used all over the world and all over the eL, its just a pity the news hasn't reached the west coast of Ireland yet. :rolleyes:

GalwayFrancis
28/03/2006, 1:58 PM
its just a pity the news hasn't reached the west coast of Ireland yet. :rolleyes:

north-west!!! us in the real west know how to create an atomsphere with sound and colour