PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Linfield.

Tenebrous Soul
19/03/2006, 7:08 PM
Many congratulations to Linfield for winning their 46th league title.

Thoroughly deserved.

No-one else even came close. :)

Aaron
19/03/2006, 9:15 PM
Well done and well deserved tho wait till you come to the brandywell.....I see the brandywell arising. :D :D

Tenebrous Soul
19/03/2006, 9:25 PM
We've heard all this "wait til" talk before. ;)

Thanks for the congrats though.

gustavo
19/03/2006, 9:28 PM
Well done to Tim McCann too ,been at 3 league winning teams in less than 12 months!

Dassa
19/03/2006, 9:28 PM
Yeah congrats to linfield, and you beat them city ones for us as well cheers.

A face
19/03/2006, 9:43 PM
Many congratulations to Linfield for winning their 46th league title.

Thoroughly deserved.

No-one else even came close. :)

That grand so ... tell the lads to take it easy so, few night out on the town, have a laugh, let the hair down, even an extra few burgers in the chipper, stay in bed instead of getting up for a jog, its deserved .... all the hard work is over now, its all good !! ;)

Dont mention Setanta Cup !! :p

sligoman
19/03/2006, 9:53 PM
Well done to Tim McCann too ,been at 3 league winning teams in less than 12 months!Fair play to Tim, 3 league winners medals in one very long season:D.

Tenebrous Soul
19/03/2006, 11:08 PM
That grand so ... tell the lads to take it easy so, few night out on the town, have a laugh, let the hair down, even an extra few burgers in the chipper, stay in bed instead of getting up for a jog, its deserved .... all the hard work is over now, its all good !! ;)

Dont mention Setanta Cup !! :p

Looking forward to my wee trip down to Dublin later today.
Here's hoping for the same result as the last time. ;)

Tenebrous Soul
19/03/2006, 11:14 PM
Well done to Tim McCann too ,been at 3 league winning teams in less than 12 months!

Unfortunately for Tim he's picked up a medical ligament injury.
He started a couple of games and was looking the part.
With this injury now, i'm not sure whether he's gonna get enough games under his belt to earn himself a league winners medal.
Although as you rightly say he HAS been at three league winning teams in under 12 months.

Could this be some kind of record?

Gerrit
20/03/2006, 8:51 PM
Congrats to the Blues. No one can ever say this wasn't deserved. I have attended their games vs the nrs 2 and 3 (Glentoran and Portadown) and even in those so-called top confrontations it was a walk-over. Portadown could have gotten 10 in their basket if Linfield didn't become nonchalant once it was 4-0...

It'd be good for Northern Irish football if they now survive a stage in Europe as well. Three years ago no one gave Shelbourne a chance of getting to play vs Deportivo ; there's no reason to believe that Linfield couldn't repeat that stunt.

BleusAvantTout
21/03/2006, 9:55 PM
It'd be good for Northern Irish football if they now survive a stage in Europe as well. Three years ago no one gave Shelbourne a chance of getting to play vs Deportivo ; there's no reason to believe that Linfield couldn't repeat that stunt.

I wish! ;) I hope you're a prophet!:cool:

glentoranfan
23/03/2006, 4:12 PM
I would congratulate Linfield, but we have never recieved a single utterance of it from them when we win something.

Don't get me wrong - they are the best team (arguably) in Ireland, and they deserved easily to have won it, but they won't be getting my good wishes.

As a Glenman, Linfield winning the league doesn't really hurt too much, not that losing to them never hurts; it has been on the cards for a very long time.