PDA

View Full Version : Merville United

sligoman
19/03/2006, 3:06 PM
RD, what was the cup they won?:confused: The one they paraded around the Showgies last night? I couldn't see it on here and I thought is deserved a mention;).

ali2005
19/03/2006, 4:15 PM
Why did you start 3 threads with the exact same thing on each of time?:confused:

sligoman
19/03/2006, 4:26 PM
Why did you start 3 threads with the exact same thing on each of time?:confused:each of time?:confused:

Anyway...

I posted it three times cos foot.ie was running slow at the time and it posted it three times by mistake, not my fault.

MervilleUnited
19/03/2006, 7:41 PM
RD, what was the cup they won? The one they paraded around the Showgies last night? I couldn't see it on here and I thought is deserved a mention;).

The Lads won the U12 Development League:D This League provides an oppertunity for young people to make the transition to full 11 a side competitive soccer. Although it is for clubs who have a lot of players, and need a second side, not all clubs who have enough players have one

The final, held earlier in the Showgies, was a dramatic, end to end, pulsating contest against Manor Rangers, won 3:2 with a last minute of extra time free kick outside the box by a hat trick hero in front of a large crowd!

Roy of the Rovers (Aged 11) or what?!!:D

And then around the Showgies to raptorous applause!
Thanks lads!

Mad Moose
20/03/2006, 1:09 PM
Congatulations to everyone concerned.Agood club and I hope all concerned enjoyed themselves.

Brendan

ali2005
26/03/2006, 1:40 PM
Congrats to Merville United

MervilleUnited
27/03/2006, 12:29 AM
Cheers for the Kind words:D

As I keep saying, ad nauseum, its about kids enjoying themselves, and enjoying this game we are nuts about! The 3 Development League games played on that final saturday, by virtue of the league positions, resulted in three close contests, and every child got a momento of the day:)

Football was the winner!:ball: