PDA

View Full Version : Mayo Divisional Predictions 2006

Pages : [1] 2

short_frank
16/03/2006, 12:39 AM
I will start the ball rolling for the divisional predictions for this season and lets see whether anyone agrees.
Super league :-
Celtic champions
Ballyheane runners up
S+F and Ballyglass to go down.
Premier:-
Celtic Champions
Westport runners up
Fahy and Claremorris to go up
Conn R and Achill to go down
1st:-
Charlestown Champions
Bangor to go up also
Inver + Manulla to go down
2nd:-
Moyvilla + Castlebar town to go up automatically
Urlaur to go up in play offs

Any views on this?

FahyForever
16/03/2006, 11:14 AM
I will start the ball rolling for the divisional predictions for this season and lets see whether anyone agrees.
Celtic champions
Ballyheane runners up
Celtic Champions
Westport runners up
Charlestown Champions
Bangor to go up also

Any views on this?

Looking at the divisions in soccerbot, it struck me that Division One could be a surprisingly entertaining league this year. With only one B team involved, it looks pretty competitive, with almost every team capable of topping the table. Charlestown, Mulranny, Lacken, Bangor and Kilmore should all consider themselves in with a good chance. I would like to hear more from representatives of teams in the lower leagues here. We get very little input from them.

As for the other leagues, Celtic must be favourites for the Super, considering the remarks from the Westport camp, whilst Ballyglass will go down in my opinion, with one of Crossmolina or S+F. Celtic B are favourites for the Premier, but I see either Swinford, Fahy or Ballinrobe taking one of the top two spots as well. In the second divisions, I figure on Castlebar Town topping their side, unless Urlaur have got a good squad back together, whilst I expect Clew Bay United to have a good run on the other side.

Best of Luck to Manulla and Celtic the weekend!

OscarBravo
16/03/2006, 1:58 PM
Celtic champions
Ballyheane runners up
Celtic Champions
Westport runners up
Charlestown Champions
Bangor to go up also

Any views on this?

Super League
Celtic to win
Westport runners up

Crossmolina and Ballyglass to go down

Premier
Swinford and Ballinrobe to go up, Celtic B to win the division

Westport B and Achill to go down

First division
Bangor to win it
Lacken to join them promoted
Manulla B and Kilmore to go down

Div 2a
Moy Villa to go up
Robe B in play off

Div 2b
Castlebar Town to go up
Urlaur in play-off, where they will beat Robe B

pixiehead
16/03/2006, 9:17 PM
Super League
Celtic to win
Westport runners up

Crossmolina and Ballyglass to go down

Premier
Swinford and Ballinrobe to go up, Celtic B to win the division

Westport B and Achill to go down

First division
Bangor to win it
Lacken to join them promoted
Manulla B and Kilmore to go down
b
Div 2a
Moy Villa to go up
Robe B in play off

Div 2b
Castlebar Town to go up
Urlaur in play-off, where they will beat Robe B

wait a minute why is everyone betting on C/bar town going up. Lads i dont think any of ye have actually seen them . Dont get me wrong two of my mates play for them. Mark my words they are a far cry from promotion!! A change in name dosnt make a good side. Theyve added some players but only one of them has experience (Robert Moore) and the rest are chancers;)

leftoutside
16/03/2006, 11:34 PM
Celtic champions
Ballyheane runners up
Celtic Champions
Westport runners up
Charlestown Champions
Bangor to go up also

Any views on this? celtic Towin it
erris Utd Runners Up

Snugboro & Crossmolina relegated

Fahy & Swinford Promoted
Conn rangers & Westport B to go down

Lacken Campions
Bangor Hibs Promoted

Partry & inver to go down
MoyVilla & Urlaur to Go up

swinfordfc
18/03/2006, 9:55 PM
Castlebar Celtic champions
Westport runners up
Crossmolina and Ballyglass to go down.
Castlebar Celtic Champions
Ballinrobe runners up
Ballinrobe and Swinford to go up
Claremorris and Killala to go down
Charlestown Champions
Bangor to go up also
Moyvilla + Urlaur to go up automatically

Ron Bergundy
20/03/2006, 6:13 PM
Westport Utd runners up
Crossmolina and Ballyglass to go down.
Castlebar Celtic B Champions
Swinford runners up
Swinford and Ballinrobe Town to go up
Claremorris and Achill to go down
Charlestown Champions
Bangor to go up also
Moy Villa + Urlaur to go up automatically
B'robe B to go up in play offs

Any views on this?[/QUOTE]

juan pablo
20/03/2006, 7:12 PM
Ballina Town runners up
Crossmolina and S & F to go down.
Castlebar Celtic B Champions
Ballinrobe Town runners up
Achill and Ballinrobe Town to go up
Westport 'B' and Conn Rangers to go down
Charlestown Champions
Partry to go up also
Inver + Manulla 'B' to go down
Moy Villa + Urlaur to go up automatically
B'robe B to go up in play offs

And that my friends is a FACT!!!

First
24/03/2006, 2:22 PM
Is the top division in mayo actually known as the Super league.

pixiehead
25/03/2006, 8:31 PM
Is the top division in mayo actually known as the Super league.

In a word YES;)

First
27/03/2006, 3:55 PM
Thanks just tought it was a wind up for the lads in the lower divisions.

MayoToffee
27/03/2006, 6:18 PM
Super league :- Celtic champions
runners up :- Westport

Premier:- Celtic Champions
runners up Westport B

Div 2b Castlebar town to go up automatically

Castlebar Town have a strong Team and should win the leauge with ease

Castlebar teams to win all thier leagues. dont think teams like the snugboro utd have much to play for this year, should really give it up!!!:D

pixiehead
27/03/2006, 9:10 PM
Super league :- Celtic champions
runners up :- Westport

Premier:- Celtic Champions
runners up Westport B

Div 2b Castlebar town to go up automatically

Castlebar Town have a strong Team and should win the leauge with ease

Castlebar teams to win all thier leauges. dont think teams like the snugboro utd have much to play for this year, should really give it up!!!:D

Ye cant win a ****ing thing while ye play in that bog of a pitch.Crowd of chancers. Ye beat the bombers yesterday and ye think yeve won the world cup. D BAD AS EVERTON ;)

MOD EDIT:Tone it down pixiehead.......

MayoToffee
29/03/2006, 11:26 AM
as predicted the boro-b got off to a great start, LOL

pixiehead
29/03/2006, 9:05 PM
as predicted the boro-b got off to a great start, LOL

They were missing Me!!!!!:rolleyes: Good to see ye got rid of that Nob in the center. What a clown. And By the Way 12th man im only having a bit of craic with a mate Chill out Mr Police man:D

sinabhuil
30/03/2006, 2:35 PM
Why are people predicting two teams to drop from Div 1 whilst correctly stating that 3 teams will be promoted from the two divisions 2?:rolleyes:

sinabhuil
11/04/2006, 8:16 AM
Any further predictions? 2B looks like the front runners are Snugboro, Urlaur and C'Bar Town.

Mad Moose
11/04/2006, 10:40 AM
Any further predictions? 2B looks like the front runners are Snugboro, Urlaur and C'Bar Town.

Again I dont think Castlebar Town are in the reckoning but I may be wrong. I wasnt at their win over the Bombers 'B'. I'm thinking Urlaur particularly but the Bombers got up and running on Sunday at home against Ballyglass 'B'. A different team to the one that went out against Snugboro the previous week in the cup. A different performance.

Brendan

sinabhuil
26/04/2006, 8:35 AM
Cross now doing better in 2B. Last 3 games have conceded 3 goals but have only scored 2. They have dominated all 3 games but have been unable to score. Poor tight home pitch also no advantage.

Ron Bergundy
26/04/2006, 2:53 PM
Premier division looks like going to be a tight one this year,Ballinrobe and Swinford look to be over have their early season blips(Robe losing to Westport B away and Swinford getting hammered by claremorris even though they were missing key players)fancy these two to push if not overtake Celtic b at the top!Fahy,Achill and Glenhest the other promotion hopefuls but can't see them being consistent enough over the 18 games to catch the top 3!!!thoughts???

swinfordfc
26/04/2006, 4:37 PM
Premier division looks like going to be a tight one this year,Ballinrobe and Swinford look to be over have their early season blips(Robe losing to Westport B away and Swinford getting hammered by claremorris even though they were missing key players)fancy these two to push if not overtake Celtic b at the top!Fahy,Achill and Glenhest the other promotion hopefuls but can't see them being consistent enough over the 18 games to catch the top 3!!!thoughts???

Who was missing key players?

Ron Bergundy
27/04/2006, 5:36 PM
Swinford missing key players,thats what i heard anyways,this untrue?ye have a full team out???

swinfordfc
28/04/2006, 10:48 AM
Swinford missing key players,thats what i heard anyways,this untrue?ye have a full team out???

No player was missing for this game

sinabhuil
08/05/2006, 8:31 AM
Still no victory for Cross. A lot of missing players for the BBB game. Some improvement though. Whats happening with this division. It seems all over the place with some strange results.

Mad Moose
08/05/2006, 8:53 AM
Am I right Sinabhuil to say thats 14 goals conceded in 3 games for Cross. I thought we should have won that comfortably and it wasn't as good a performance as our last league game at home. Beautiful day in Cross, I have a bit of a glow this morning. I wont insult ya by saying the game got dirty at times, just handbag stuff at times but there were a number of slaps and a number of dives from Cross players to get a penalty. Pretty spectacular day in Cong.Very enjoyable. Pitch is a bit small mind. The meadow next to it is well trampled. Funniest moment of the day was our midfielder who shall remain nameless trying to defend himself after a tackle by telling the referee 'your a good looking fella'.

Cross Celtic 3-4 Ballyvary Blue Bombers 'B'

bRENDAN

irishyop
08/05/2006, 10:16 AM
In the Premier division Claremorris are stringing a few good results together, I suppose the incentive to beat Mr Dee, an EX Claremorris man, was enough to drive them on.
Conn Rangers finally got a point, but were unlucky not to get all three due to a the ball been out of play but the ref waving play on, only for Glenhest to score.
Westport drawing 2-2, what was that one like Swinford.
Big shock Killala been hammered by Fahy.
So Claremorris go top with Swinford in 2nd.

swinfordfc
08/05/2006, 1:01 PM
In the Premier division Claremorris are stringing a few good results together, I suppose the incentive to beat Mr Dee, an EX Claremorris man, was enough to drive them on.
Conn Rangers finally got a point, but were unlucky not to get all three due to a the ball been out of play but the ref waving play on, only for Glenhest to score.
Westport drawing 2-2, what was that one like Swinford.
Big shock Killala been hammered by Fahy.
So Claremorris go top with Swinford in 2nd.

Wasn't at it but heard Swinford 2 up and then fell asleep to let Westport back into game and get the draw.

Castlebar Celtic have 2 games in hand on both teams though

irishyop
08/05/2006, 1:35 PM
That was suprising as we have played both and Swinford would be a much more attacking outfit where as Westport were lacking up front.
I know they have brought a lad out of retirement (well he is only late 20's!!) and he knows where the net is.

Celtic B are due to play a game this Thursday evening, not sure if it a cup game or league but I think the A team success could effect the B teams league form without competitive games.

FahyForever
08/05/2006, 2:10 PM
It's tough to see how the division will go considering all teams are taking points off each other. Barring castlebar, who are not going to be going up presumably, I still think it be down to the usual suspects for promotion. Swinford and Fahy should be there or thereabouts. Did not think it was surprising that we bet Killala at all, we have beaten them pretty much every time we played them recently. Fahy got off to a poor start but should regroup as the season goes on. I have no idea what Ballinrobe are like this season, but I found them to be tough opposition last year. No more than ourselves though, they have had some surprising results thusfar, losing to Westport B and having Claremorris put three past them. Claremorris are the other dark horses, having won their division and cup comprehensively last season. They are currently top of the table but I cant see them staying there. Could well be proven wrong though!

On the other side, Conn got their first point of the year against Glenhest Sunday, but they still look like the fall-guys in the Premier.

I would like to see more people talking about football in our division here. What are the opinions of the lads from Ballinrobe, Swinford, Claremorris and Westport on are on this forum? Who have been the best/worst teams ye have seen so far? How do you think it will pan out?

I also think that a lot of the predictions being made, both in the Predictions thread and the Mayo league positions/predictions one, are being made by people who make their choices based on the current table rather than from having seen the teams involved play. Anyone agree with this assessment?

irishyop
08/05/2006, 2:53 PM
Agree with on that point alright, the league is a hard one to predict, the table at the moment is a strange one, bar maybe Cbar been among the top for Claremorris to be on top is a great start for them but as said I would be suprised to see them stay there, from what I have heard Glynn is their main man so if you get 2 cute center halves you could find his threat nullified.

Conn Rangers are a suprise as they have taken back their manager from the season they won Prem division and have a good core of them back.

What about Achill? Anyone seen them play this year, I remember them been a phyical fit side but lacking a small bit of touch.

Ballinrobe I would expect to challenge strong and they have 7 points from their 5 games but have not seen them play so could not comment on how good, bad or ugly they are.

short_frank
09/05/2006, 12:49 AM
Achill are hard to fathom. Played them in the cup recently with a scratch team after we got our legs ribs and everything else battered in a first division match at a team I won't name (we lost 5 first teamers from injuries recieved in the match, 1 with a cracked rib another with damaged knee ligaments after a tackle with the ball 20 yards down the pitch and one player had his shirt ripped during a day of his ankles being kicked off him) and had a constant barrage of abuse including the opposition manager congratulating his players when they hacked our lads down. Achill struggled to put a team together as well and we had them on the back foot for a lot of the time but they had some neat players and I would say that if they had a full team together they would be a match for anyone in the premier.
The first division is very open but it seems that Charlestown are beginning to settle down and show thier class but I think Bangor Hibs will be there or there about and don't discount Partry when we get our first team back from injury. We will be the force again that our first three games showed we were. We have lost three more to injury since and are having to utilise our full squad.

r.rover
09/05/2006, 10:36 AM
achill are a good side if they have their centre half playin, as for fahy beatin killalla,have to agree with fahy forever,fahy pretty much always beat them,even with the grass one foot long in places!!. a lot of teams could still go up great start for claremorris and i expect them to stay very near the top

sinabhuil
09/05/2006, 5:13 PM
Am I right Sinabhuil to say thats 14 goals conceded in 3 games for Cross. I thought we should have won that comfortably and it wasn't as good a performance as our last league game at home. Beautiful day in Cross, I have a bit of a glow this morning. I wont insult ya by saying the game got dirty at times, just handbag stuff at times but there were a number of slaps and a number of dives from Cross players to get a penalty. Pretty spectacular day in Cong.Very enjoyable. Pitch is a bit small mind. The meadow next to it is well trampled. Funniest moment of the day was our midfielder who shall remain nameless trying to defend himself after a tackle by telling the referee 'your a good looking fella'.

Cross Celtic 3-4 Ballyvary Blue Bombers 'B'

bRENDAN

Cheers Brendan. You are mostly correct.

However Cross penalty was a penalty. Yours was not (handball - it hit his belly). I feel the ref went against Cross because we engaged in a bit of girlish 'bitching'. Heads will roll.

It was mostly just handbags - bar the tackle the broke our left back's foot!!.

What happened to the Urlaur game.

Mad Moose
10/05/2006, 8:52 AM
Cheers Brendan. You are mostly correct.

However Cross penalty was a penalty. Yours was not (handball - it hit his belly). I feel the ref went against Cross because we engaged in a bit of girlish 'bitching'. Heads will roll.

The Cross penalty was a penalty, Ray would say as much and he got it wrong.His first game at Centre Back. I've never seen a belly move like that 'belly' moved. Our penalty was a penalty, no questions.I dont believe a ref should give a penalty unless he is definite in his mind and I was definite for him.Who knows where the ball might have landed.Not a chance of ball to belly or hand. Both penalties deserved and the points deserved though credit where its due, at 3-1 out we should have walked away with it, suffice to say we would have been gutted to leave with a point but at 3-3 it just didnt look like the game would end without further score. The pitch is mad though.

It was mostly just handbags - bar the tackle the broke our left back's foot!!.

A go away. Surely no leg was broken.He looked fairly relaxed sunning himself in the ditch if at least occasionally looking uncomfortable. Fair is fair, if he broke his leg send him up to the Bombers and we'll sign the cast or at least make sure it is broken. These things can happen and its costly, personally, at this level.

We were full of admiration for your right backs handbag, imitation Gucci surely.Nice shade of pink:p

Brendan

What happened to the Urlaur game.

sinabhuil
22/05/2006, 10:26 AM
Good result for Swinford B. They seem to have a good defence. We (Cross) were all over them but we just could not get through their backs. I do not know how these matches were played yesterday. It poured all day long.

swinfordfc
22/05/2006, 3:39 PM
Good result for Swinford B. They seem to have a good defence. We (Cross) were all over them but we just could not get through their backs. I do not know how these matches were played yesterday. It poured all day long.

Ok result our pitch was fine, the heavy rain came after our game. big gAME NEXT WEEK against BBB, harpbear will love this game :D

sinabhuil
29/05/2006, 5:24 PM
The Cross quest continues. Another narrow defeat against the league leaders. Good game on a fabulous surface. Two silly mistakes. Snug B had some very good defenders and some good midfielders. These were the best team we played and definitely the most organised. A very physical but not dirty team. Wrong offside decision against us at the end that would have levelled it. :eek: :eek:

Mad Moose
29/05/2006, 5:34 PM
Ok result our pitch was fine, the heavy rain came after our game. big gAME NEXT WEEK against BBB, harpbear will love this game :D

We destroyed our pitch the previous week. See Blue Bombers-Mayo thread so the game was moved to Swinford. 0-0 it finished but the Bomber B's are still up there with Snugboro Utd 'B' :eek: and Urlaur Utd.

Brendan

Mad Moose
29/05/2006, 5:37 PM
The Cross quest continues. Another narrow defeat against the league leaders. Good game on a fabulous surface. Two silly mistakes. Snug B had some very good defenders and some good midfielders. These were the best team we played and definitely the most organised. A very physical but not dirty team. Wrong offside decision against us at the end that would have levelled it. :eek: :eek:

Its coming Sinabhuil and when it does as our A team can testify to. They have taken 7 points from their last 9. Here surely the Bombers were the best side youse faced. Don't be at that sh*te about Snugboro.

Brendan

Mad Moose
29/05/2006, 5:43 PM

There's a damn fine reason for everything and a reason I didnt join Swinford since my days at U-10. That defence isn't bad if not ageing badly;) . I said that to D Red and he didn't take it well. Christ he hasn't change a bit, as tough a player as I remember him at school. As for Alan at Left Back. If we had a 'Z' team he'd struggle into it. Ya can tell him I said that.I reckon he's related to our boss as was your sub striker. Nuts isn't the word. No match for the mighty Bombers. Looking forward to the game at Keelogues or do we play in Swinford again??

Brendan

You can tell them I enjoyed catching up with them and well done to all concerned at Swinford FC. Pitch was good.

Brendan

sinabhuil
29/05/2006, 5:48 PM
Brendan. Come off your horse. However your loyalty to the cause is admirable.

Mad Moose
29/05/2006, 5:54 PM
Brendan. Come off your horse. However your loyalty to the cause is admirable.

Thats what happened to me, sure I came off the fecking horse. Haven't been right since. Keep the faith at Cross. Look out for the boots there sor. I'm not the same without them. C'mon the Bombers. Mayo's finest.

Brendan

sinabhuil
30/05/2006, 8:45 AM
Challenge match needed for weekend for Cross Celtic. Div 2B. Contact Sinabhuil on private message. Can play Fri, Sat, Sun or Mon. Div 2a teams may need a game. Contact soon as we need to advise the league, get ref. etc

sinabhuil
01/06/2006, 2:43 PM
Lazy shower!!!!!

Mad Moose
01/06/2006, 4:35 PM
Hope ya get a game sorted Sinabhuil. I'm all for helping out but we're in the same league and I couldn't decide anyhow until I talk to the boss man. We were just chatting the last night about our start in the league in 1985. Great to see the game developed and your club is always good for the community so onward and upward and continued success. We've all had to start somewhere and I know youse are relatively new (couple of seasons I think) to the Mayo League.

Hope someone answers the call.

Brendan

sinabhuil
12/06/2006, 12:45 PM
Good result for Cbar Town v Snug B. We played Snug and found their defence very good. Also good centre midfield. Are Cbar getting more players or were Snug missing players?
Played Bglass on sunday. What a stadium. great pitch. Good game despite difficult conditions. Still no win.

MayoToffee
13/06/2006, 4:30 PM
quite the opposite, town were missing players and boro had enought for two teams, Good win for the town. C/bar tried to cancel game 1 month prior because of a stag and six players missin. C/bar town had only 11 players on the day and snugboro had enough for two teams "boro said they were stuck for players????, thats why they cud nt change the game????" they had a full squad to play from. it was simply a complete performance from town on the day.

The Don
14/06/2006, 8:06 AM
Were you missing players against Hollister in the cup, not quite a "complete performance"!

irishyop
14/06/2006, 9:06 AM
There were a few of us in Bar1 on Sunday night in Castlebar and there were a few Glenhest boys celebrating winning the league!! No joking.
They were telling one of our lads who will be playing against them, that their 18 points with a game in hand of second is going to be near impossible to overturn.
Even played a request of Champiole!! Legendary stuff!

MayoToffee
14/06/2006, 4:56 PM
ya not a great performance against hollister, but i was answering the question from above post, whats hollister game got to do with the original post:confused: