PDA

View Full Version : easyJet

Thunderblaster
16/03/2006, 10:26 PM
Anybody ever fly easyJet? I have and always have the pleasure with flying with them. I usually fly from Belfast to Liverpool and once flew Belfast to Paris via Liverpool. The cabin crew are dead on, pretty friendly and the service is good. They are the web's favourite airline.:) ;) :D

Drumcondra Red
17/03/2006, 4:35 PM
No, they don't fly into Dublin!!!

Poor Student
17/03/2006, 5:26 PM
Same as Ryanair for me, only slightly less efficient and I find the orange offensive (not from a political standpoint, it's just an annoying colour in large quantities).

dahamsta
17/03/2006, 9:19 PM
Plus it's run by that tw*t Stelios. These cornercutters seem to go in for tw*ts in a big way.

sligoman
18/03/2006, 12:55 AM
I don't understand why people complain about cheap "lowfare" airlines. If you pay feck all for your flight then you can hardly complain when you receive feck all service. The majority of the time, yer only gonna be on the flight for a few hours so just live with it. If you want top class service, then pay the extra money for it!

Magicme
18/03/2006, 1:50 AM
I use Easyjet to go visit my aunt in Holland quite regularly and i have to say they are fanatastic. Flew with them to Spain last year too and their flight attendant making the annoucements was so funny I nearly peed my pants. They are great and way prefer them to ryanair.

Drumcondra Red
18/03/2006, 10:09 AM
Same as Ryanair for me, only slightly less efficient and I find the orange offensive (not from a political standpoint, it's just an annoying colour in large quantities).

Offensive??? How can you find a colour offencive???

Risteard
18/03/2006, 10:47 AM
I don't understand why people complain about cheap "lowfare" airlines. If you pay feck all for your flight then you can hardly complain when you receive feck all service. The majority of the time, yer only gonna be on the flight for a few hours so just live with it. If you want top class service, then pay the extra money for it!

Here here.

That documentary on Ryanair other than the exposure of not doing all the safety checks once or twice was very one-sided. Similar sensationalist journalism about the airports in the Mirror today.

pete
19/03/2006, 1:51 PM
Easyjet don't fly out of this country so opportunity to use so far. I have looked at fares from the UK to europe and they don't seem particularily cheap...

Dodge
19/03/2006, 1:53 PM
Miles dearer than Ryanair at the oines I'v elooked at (from Stanstead)

John83
19/03/2006, 4:33 PM
Offensive??? How can you find a colour offencive???
Irritating? Hard on the eye? Ever seen a bright orange Beamer? :p

dahamsta
19/03/2006, 7:00 PM
Easyjet don't fly out of this countrySure they do pete. Definitely Cork, and I'm pretty sure Shannon too. Possibly more.

Poor Student
19/03/2006, 7:02 PM
Irritating? Hard on the eye? Ever seen a bright orange Beamer? :p

Exactly.

Peadar
19/03/2006, 8:43 PM
Booked a flight about 4 years ago while I was living in England. Don't think you could book on the Internet in those days but anyway I rang a UK number, some bird answered with broken English. I had to repeat everything at least 3 times. The idea was that they'd post out your booking confirmation. After 4 weeks I hadn't heard from them so I rang up. They said they'd fax over the details. When they did, I noticed that the flights were all wrong. She had it completely arsed up. They wanted to charge me to get the details changed. I told them to go fukk themselves.

A week later, the original booking details turned up in the post. It had my UK address in full but had Spain underneath. You ring a UK number, booking a flight from a UK airport and the dopey planks post your stuff to Spain.

I have never flown with them and hope I never have to.

Thunderblaster
19/03/2006, 11:48 PM
Easyjet don't fly out of this country

They have a service from Cork, Shannon and Knock to Gatwick.

Dodge
19/03/2006, 11:58 PM
Typical Corkie pete! Once you move to da smoke, you forget where you came from

Babysis
20/03/2006, 10:20 AM
IVe flown with them to shannon. Didnt have any prblems, but to be honest, I tend to fly on my own, so its a case of using a bit of common sense to make sure my journey is as hassle free as possible. Same applies to Ryanair.

pete
20/03/2006, 10:25 AM
Typical Corkie pete! Once you move to da smoke, you forget where you came from

Exactly. Dublin is Ireland. There be old men, cottages, leprechauns & horses 'n carts outside the pale.

:eek:

Ash
20/03/2006, 3:28 PM
I flew Luton to Paris and Paris to Liverpool with them before and
thought they were spot on. Cheap as chips and enough leg room
in the plane.

paul_oshea
20/03/2006, 4:18 PM
[MOD EDIT: Everyone else was able to answer politely, how come you had to throw a smart comment in? You're really trying my patience at this stage.]

jorge
20/03/2006, 8:06 PM
Ryanair all the way-do the job,never let me down,very cheap and their Irish.

dahamsta
20/03/2006, 9:02 PM
Sorry, Ryanair is a British company.

Thunderblaster
20/03/2006, 9:32 PM
Ryanair is a British company.

Correct. Their hub is based in Stanstead Airport, their website is British based and the head honcho lives in an Anglo-Irish mansion near Mullingar. The training is done in England.

Dodge
20/03/2006, 10:08 PM
Its a plc, it belongs to no country...

dahamsta
20/03/2006, 10:13 PM
The companies - there's at least two - are registered in Britain. They're British companies.

adam

Dodge
20/03/2006, 10:26 PM
Yeah but on the other hand its listed on the Irish Sttock exchange (and not the British markets directly) and all its financial reports are in euros. majority of directors Irish too. Most importantly the airline is registered as an Irish airline and operates under licence from the Irish government (when it tookover Buzz! Airlines, a small percenatage of its airline used their UK licence). Its Corporate address is also at Dublin Airport.

It should be noted that Ryanair very cleverly never calls itself British or Irish and always talks about being European No. 1

monkey magic
20/03/2006, 11:09 PM
tbh since aer lingus' fares came a crashin down, ive never felt a need to use easyjet as pricewise, from what ive seen anyways, there about the same.

i wouldent call ryanair irish, but i certainly wouldent call them brittish either... since their not a flag carrier for any nation, there just another airline as far as im concerned...

they may be cheap, but i hate the fact that, very often when you take a ryanair flight, your only 3/4 of the way to your destination... the last two flights ive taken with ryanair were to paris(actually beauvais which is at least an hour from paris) and brussels,which is actually chareloi- a city nowhere near brussels, in fact the two are only linked by being in the same country.... so since that its been aer lingus all the way, ive found that when you take into account taxes, and the additional cost of getting to the city you were supposed to be flying to, theres not much in the difference.

Macy
21/03/2006, 8:22 AM
Aren't ryanair looking at re-flagging their fleet in one of the new east european eu countries anyway?

Gerrit
21/03/2006, 8:41 PM
Isn't EasyJet related to the Easy internet cafes that you see in most European cities? The colours and lay-out of their advertisements look exactly the same :confused:

I've flown with EasyJet from Belfast to Berlin and from Belfast to Liverpool (and back each time, obviously), flew with Ryanair from Dublin to Liverpool once, and a few time with AerLingus.

Must say I didn't notice too many differences between the low-fare airlines (RyanAir and EasyJet) and the more expensive AerLingus. As long as the safety is okay, I don't demand too much. I mean, the average flight doesn't last that long, and it's never as comfortable as a a boat. If I can save some GBP with a low-fare airline: fine by me :)

It'd be interesting to see some Europe-America flights with low-fare airlines, as transcontinental flights are still beyond my budget. RyanAir had interest in getting flights to the US for only 90 euro I believe?

dahamsta
21/03/2006, 8:48 PM
Isn't EasyJet related to the Easy internet cafes that you see in most European cities?Yes. And easyCar, and anthing else with "easy" in it. Haji-Ioannou's gone totally over the top trying to "protect his brand" in the process, costing regular joes a ton to defend themselves against his ugly brand. He's just O'Lairy by another name, a greedy self-serving egomanical muppet.

Dodge
21/03/2006, 9:11 PM
Aren't ryanair looking at re-flagging their fleet in one of the new east european eu countries anyway?
Its usually one of the "threats" they whell out every time the irish govt doesn't bend over completely for it...

Your man stelios seems even worse than O'Leary (if possible)

ccfcgirl
21/03/2006, 9:44 PM
Flew Cork -Gatwick with Easi-jet last week ,I think there alot better airline than Ryanair .Staff were friendly and cracked a few jokes while flying .Plane was clean and comfortable.

pete
22/03/2006, 11:03 AM
I think Aer Fungus are as close as wil get to transatlantic lowfare airline currently. Their prices are hard to beat but service compared other transatlantic would be not as good.

Peadar
22/03/2006, 11:11 AM
Did some work for Easyjet last year and had to visit "Easyland" at Luton Airport. I kid you not!

Magicme
22/03/2006, 12:29 PM
Last year I flew with Easyjet to Malaga and have to say their staff were fantastic. Guy giving the safety announcements was dead funny! He said things like "remain seated until the seatbelt sign is switched off, then you can move around and find someone more attractive to sit beside" and "if you are caught smoking you will be asked to leave the plane. Easyjet do not carry parachutes" etc

Have to say I feel safer with them than Ryanscare. The Easyjet planes are really new and just feel safer.

dahamsta
22/03/2006, 12:34 PM
The EasyJet staff would appear a lot happier in their jobs than that other shower. Are they better paid or is it just a culture thing I wonder?

Dotsy
22/03/2006, 12:44 PM
The EasyJet staff would appear a lot happier in their jobs than that other shower. Are they better paid or is it just a culture thing I wonder?

I am convinced it's the culture within the airline itself. MY company has done work for Ryanair, easyjet, bmibaby and Jet 2 and the staff at all levels in baby, easyjet and Jet2 all seem much happier than at Ryanair. Dealing with Ryanair as a supplier is a constant battle. That said operationally I have no qualms about them. They have one of the youngest fleets in the world and maintain the aircraft to a high standard, Easyjet likewise. My favouirite out of the lot would be bmibaby. They don't fly to DUblin anymore but I think they fly to Cork and Shannon.

Poor Student
22/03/2006, 12:49 PM
My flight with them yesterday got delayed by over two hours. My plane was deemed fit not to take off and we had get off and change planes. There was no aborted take off or anything, we never even got to begin leave the terminal. I do appreciate they changed planes and didn't play around with our lives.

Adam, from my small experience of flying with them, their staff appear to be less of a random gathering of foreigners and seem to be mainly British have better camaraderie and find it easier to communicate.

pineapple stu
22/03/2006, 12:59 PM
Yes. And easyCar, and anthing else with "easy" in it.
Think there's Easy-Med cruises now as well (don't know what the brand name is) - you get 100sq ft of a room painted entirely in bright orange and get to cruise the Med in a bright orange ship with "Easy" painted on the side...:eek:

I'd imagine a minute or two on board and you'd soon realise why bright orange is an offensive colour in copious amounts.

Peadar
22/03/2006, 2:13 PM
(don't know what the brand name is)

Easy Cruise, surprisingly enough.
easy.com
easyJet.com
easyInternetcafe.com
easyCar.com
easyValue.com
easyMoney.com
easyCinema.com
easyBus.co.uk
easyHotel.com
easy4men.com
easyJobs.com
easyPizza.com
easyMusic.com
easyCruise.com
easyMobile.com
easyWatch.com

pineapple stu
22/03/2006, 2:46 PM
Duh...:o

pete
22/03/2006, 3:07 PM

Sounds X rated. :p

pete
22/03/2006, 3:12 PM
website address plastered across the wall... :eek:

Schumi
22/03/2006, 3:27 PM
How could you sleep in a room like that? :eek:

dahamsta
22/03/2006, 4:10 PM
easyWomen?

Jon'o
24/03/2006, 8:52 PM
easyWomen?

I was going to say that, prehaps easyRyde? .....sure i've seen some orange coloured auld one's rolling out of a tanning shop around here :D