PDA

View Full Version : Printer problems

pineapple stu
16/03/2006, 8:55 PM
I took home a HP Laserjet 4 Plus printer from work there last week. A bit old, but still working. I didn't have any problems for the first 80 or so pages I printed, but now it's printing gobbledegook non-stop. What's the craic? I remember there was a virus a few years back that made your printer do that, but why did it only come up after printing 80 pages fine? Is there a way of doing a virus scan on the printer? Or is there a way of resetting the entire printer? Have tried deleting and re-installing it, and obviously turning it (and the computer) on and off, but nothing doing. Any ideas?

pete
16/03/2006, 10:07 PM
Do a self clean on the printer? Maybe they cartridge is just dirty?

pineapple stu
16/03/2006, 10:15 PM
Will try it, but would that cause reams of gobbledegook?

Sliogán Dóite
18/03/2006, 10:26 PM
Yeah I was having some problems too.

My printer's jammed and the mouse is stuck (http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/1503/computerproblems4tc.jpg)

Block G Raptor
19/03/2006, 3:03 AM
did you cancel a print job mid way prior to this shyte happening?. if so reinstall the print drivers

pineapple stu
19/03/2006, 12:08 PM
Deleted and re-installed the printer anyway. No good. I think it just needs a rest. One of these completely unscientific, makes absolutely no sense because it's a computer kind of fixes that works in a strange number of cases...

Quality picture, Sliogán, but completely useless to me! :)

Peadar
20/03/2006, 9:35 AM
Were you printing one large document and the first 80 pages of it were ok or were you printing different document types?

It sounds like the print device is functioning ok. I suspect the driver.

pineapple stu
20/03/2006, 12:39 PM
It was all from Powerpoint. About ten pages at a time.