Athlone 0-2 Rovers (both results)

Waterford 0-1 Bray
Galway 2-0 Limerick (still latests)

Iorfa
16/03/2006, 8:43 PM
Blues 1 Bray 1 (Daryl Kavanagh in 93rd minute) Result

The Stars
16/03/2006, 8:54 PM
dublin beat derry.....ffs,dont think anyone expected that.

sonofstan
16/03/2006, 8:54 PM
'Shels, Galway record wins in First Division' according to aertel - prophetic after the day's events?

hamish
16/03/2006, 9:01 PM
Couldn't get a lift to the Athlone match and no fecin' timely buses either and a bloody defeat as well - what was the crowd like??

:( :(

pineapple stu
16/03/2006, 9:14 PM
'Shels, Galway record wins in First Division' according to aertel - prophetic after the day's events?
Cheers - another to add to the STIGonline.com Aertelwatch!

Jimmy's_head
16/03/2006, 9:18 PM
Just back in from a bitterly cold RSC. Terrible conditions for a game, thought we were slightly the better team overall, lacked any threat up front though. Fantastic goal from Kavanagh with the last kick of the game to earn the draw. Could be a long season for both teams though. Bout 1100 there Id say.

A face
16/03/2006, 9:26 PM
Dublin City 1-0 Derry

Oh dear oh dear oh dear !! (http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=450068&postcount=71) :) :p

What a difference a day make .... just twenty four little hours !!
I really shouldn't laugh ..... but its just so damned funny !! :D

OneRedArmy
16/03/2006, 9:36 PM
Oh dear oh dear oh dear !! (http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=450068&postcount=71) :) :p

I really shouldn't laugh ..... but its just so damned funny !! :D
Dublin City will be a hard team to beat this season, as you found out last week.

We were crap and got what we deserved.

Early days yet, but good to see the Cork superiority complex kicking in again.....

dancinpants
16/03/2006, 9:37 PM
Kenny has faced Dublin City 4 times in the Premier division and lost all 4, surely it ain't that big a shock lads :o

Soko
16/03/2006, 10:13 PM
Dublin City will be a hard team to beat this season, as you found out last week.

We were crap and got what we deserved.

Early days yet, but good to see the Cork superiority complex kicking in again.....

Why are you even bothering to try deflect that result onto Cork City? He posted a gloating, overconfident post and how it has already backfired spectacularly. Just like last year, Derry fans would be better off keeping their mouths shut.

dancinpants
16/03/2006, 10:19 PM
Just like last year, Derry fans would be better off keeping their mouths shut.

Yeah coz its not like Cork fans ever gloat and run there mouths off. :rolleyes:

new blue
16/03/2006, 10:32 PM
was at rsc
brilliant result for 10 man blues
confidence growing all the time
much better team with 1 less-up the blues
roll on ucd

sligoman
16/03/2006, 10:55 PM
what was the crowd like??The home crowd were a bunch of hooligans from what I heard;) :p.

Soko
16/03/2006, 11:02 PM
its not like Cork fans ever gloat and run there mouths off. :rolleyes:

I dont know if you post on the CCFC boards or not but I thought after the invasion prior to the cup and league games that you would never be so silly to start putting the cart before the horse again. How wrong I was.

dancinpants
16/03/2006, 11:11 PM
I dont know if you post on the CCFC boards or not but I thought after the invasion prior to the cup and league games that you would never be so silly to start putting the cart before the horse again. How wrong I was.

I personally haven't posted on Corks forum, but just what you have descibed happened in the derrycitychat site with Cork fans claiming they'd win the double...cart before horse kinda thing. So I think we can say it happens on both sides no?

Derek
16/03/2006, 11:16 PM
Oh Happy Days!

dancinpants
16/03/2006, 11:22 PM
I hear yis defended well for the last 15 minutes or so - took yer forwards off, and adopted a 4-6-0 formation. But hey congrats on the 3 points.

Derek
16/03/2006, 11:36 PM
No we still had two strikers, Robbie Collins and David Freeman, the played a little deep is all. Pressure was on for the closing stages but you would expect that playing against Derry.

Speranza
16/03/2006, 11:49 PM
Bolli.x. We all know what Keely is like. Players booked for time wasting too. Keely and Matthews working together to destroy Irish football. Can't wait to get the scumbag at the Brandy, he will pay!

dfx-
17/03/2006, 12:40 AM
Couldn't get a lift to the Athlone match and no fecin' timely buses either and a bloody defeat as well - what was the crowd like??

:( :(

There was a fair bastion of Hoops there...probably as many Athlone fans at it too...good crowd considering the day it was, the difficulty for travelling Hoops to get there..

You were probably better off not seeing Athlone's performance though Hamish...:)

hamish
17/03/2006, 1:14 AM
There was a fair bastion of Hoops there...probably as many Athlone fans at it too...good crowd considering the day it was, the difficulty for travelling Hoops to get there..

You were probably better off not seeing Athlone's performance though Hamish...:)

Have to be sporting and say well done to the Hoops but, of course, it hurts we lost. Just sorry didn't get a chance to say hello to you and the rest of the lads.
Crowd? 1000? Less?

dfx-
17/03/2006, 1:33 AM
Ah sure we'll be down in Athlone again...in better weather, a weekend night and not on the day before a major public holiday no doubt :)

I don't know about judging the crowd, but I know standing under the corrugated shed, I was at the edge of the Rovers support so we reached up to the halfway line where I was and a good lot of Athlone support from there to the end of the shed and on the hill behind the goal and not sparsely populated either.

800-1000 would be my random guess

lofty9
17/03/2006, 11:21 AM
What a miserable St Patricks Day! :mad: Went along to the Dublin City game with a few of my mates from Belfast, who have never been to an eircom league match. I was embarrassed after what was an awful performance. I was singing Derry's praises the whole way down in the car, saying we were a good team to watch! I have never seen as many long punts up a pitch in my life. It was like watching bogball. Fair play to CHF for stopping Derry from playing. Outmuscled in midfield, highlighted by Ciaran Martyn, who at over 6ft was pushed off everyball he went in for and was totally anonymous. The one player who tried to play was Higgins and he scored the og! Hopefully, it was just an off night, and CHF will probably take points off teams. After watching CHF I reckon most of their matches will be 0-0. Lets hope that L'ami wins the Gold Cup to cheer me up!!

sullanefc
17/03/2006, 3:00 PM
Lets hope that L'ami wins the Gold Cup to cheer me up!!

Oh well:p

Kildare Lad
17/03/2006, 9:55 PM
Was there any trouble from the Rovers fans? Were their next away match

Magicme
18/03/2006, 1:44 AM
Hey Dublin City congrats...to go to the Brandywell and get 3 points is a good days work.. well done

pineapple stu
18/03/2006, 2:41 AM
Hey Dublin City congrats...to go to the Brandywell and get 3 points is a good days work.. well done
Ummm...were you do busy drinking to watch the fixtures?!

Breifne
18/03/2006, 10:13 AM
Bolli.x. We all know what Keely is like. Players booked for time wasting too. Keely and Matthews working together to destroy Irish football. Can't wait to get the scumbag at the Brandy, he will pay!

Can't remember a Dublin City player getting booked for time wasting. David McGill got booked late on for his part in a bit of a scuffle near the corner flag where it looked like he got a kick for his troubles and the ref picked him out, Dublin City didn't play pretty football and were fortunate to win the game, but most definitely didn't deserve to lose the game. Rogers had one decent save to make in 90 minutes, and Killian Brennans injury time effort was off target.

Ben Whelehan forced a good save from Forde early on, and we did create a couple of half chances. I still think that come the end of the season, Derry will be comfortably ahead of us in the league table, but i'm fairly confident that there will be a few clubs below us in the table also.

Raheny Red
18/03/2006, 12:31 PM

Why are you so negative?:confused: :rolleyes:

CollegeTillIDie
18/03/2006, 5:05 PM
There are two ways to win a match
1) The Brazilian system... outscore the opposition... typical result 4-3
Ossie Ardiles and Glen Hoddle are apostles of this system.

2) The Italian system... concede fewer goals than the opposition.. typical result 1-0 wins. Dermot Keely is an apostle of this system.

Roverstillidie
18/03/2006, 5:13 PM

yeah we set the stand on fire and overturned a few cars on the way out.

be afraid.

Kildare Lad
18/03/2006, 9:30 PM
yeah we set the stand on fire and overturned a few cars on the way out.

be afraid.

Is that all? ;)

iceman
18/03/2006, 10:06 PM

mmmmmm........Dublin City were at "home" Magicme :o

sligoman
18/03/2006, 10:10 PM
Is that all? ;)Yeah, you better lock up yer cow sheds and hide yer sheep:rolleyes:. It is a "derby" after all:D.

Ger Fay
18/03/2006, 10:35 PM
Drogs were excellent tonight.

We were down to 10 from the 19th minute when the ref issued bradley with a second yellow (wrongly in everyones opinion).

We really showed what this team has to offer and it will be a very good team which comes to United Park this season and takes 3 points off us.

wws
18/03/2006, 10:40 PM
as good a yardstick as any

looking forward to taking 3 points in united park!

A face
18/03/2006, 10:49 PM

We were down to 10 from the 19th minute when the ref issued bradley with a second yellow (wrongly in everyones opinion).

We really showed what this team has to offer and it will be a very good team which comes to United Park this season and takes 3 points off us.

Look, we gave you a point fair enough ..... but *cough* ahem .... aren't you getting ahead of yourself there lad .... "what this team has to offer" "were excellent tonight" .... c'mon now .... give us the real story !! ;)

Ger Fay
18/03/2006, 10:56 PM
The real story was that the Ref distroyed a great match. Bradleys sending off was totally uncalled for.

Cork had maybe 3-5 shots on target. As usual O'Callaghan was trying everyting to get Drogheda Players sent off.

Declan O'Brien nearly had his shorts thorn off yet we got nothing.

If this is the standard of refereeing that is going to happen in the League this season there are going to be alot of players sent off

Soko
18/03/2006, 11:01 PM

Sounds like a matter for the Gardai not the referee.

A face
19/03/2006, 12:03 AM
Sounds like a matter for the Gardai not the referee.

Ha ha !! :p

iceman
19/03/2006, 9:24 AM

Ref was a disaster , he NEVER showed a yellow card the first time. Hope the Refs Assessor took note.

hoopy
19/03/2006, 9:45 AM

The rumour was right so about Sol Campbell being spotted in Drogheda

Scatman
19/03/2006, 11:44 AM
Drogheda overall were the better team last night. Bradley made two tackles in his time on the pitch and recieved two yellow cards, neither tackle was dangerous and neither deserved a booking. O'Donovan's first yellow was for leading with the arm and the second was a nothing challenge no need for a card. The ref made a mess of a good game but whats new there. Cork huffed and puffed but never really looked like breaking down a very resolute Drogs defence. All O'Callaghan did all night was try to get opponents booked(mission accomplished). We'll take the point but for the refs shortcomings Cork were there for the beating.

Aaron
19/03/2006, 9:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pineapple stu
Dublin City 1-0 Derry

Oh dear oh dear oh dear !!

I really shouldn't laugh ..... but its just so damned funny !!

Here we F****N go. Once derry lose a match cork fans jump on the haha bandwagon and automatically assume we are not good enuff to win the title. We came up against a team who played a 10-0-0 formation with a team who lumps the ball up the pitch. There is a long long way to go and i will still say derry and shels will be the two challengers for the title......providing shels are still here:D

pineapple stu
19/03/2006, 10:07 PM
You might want to get some practice on the quote button...I should point out that I'm not a Cork fan and am offended by the suggestion! :)

Drumcondra_Blue
20/03/2006, 9:11 AM
Dublin beating Derry did me out of a big accumulator

B*stards!

A face
20/03/2006, 11:32 AM
Here we F****N go. Once derry lose a match cork fans jump on the haha bandwagon and automatically assume we are not good enuff to win the title. We came up against a team who played a 10-0-0 formation with a team who lumps the ball up the pitch. There is a long long way to go and i will still say derry and shels will be the two challengers for the title......providing shels are still here

Sheeze .... i hit a nerve there did i ?? :eek:

:p

"We came up against a team who played a 10-0-0 formation with a team who lumps the ball up the pitch."

So its alright for Derry to say it so but when City fans say it we are making excuses, is that the way now is it ??

I should point out that I'm not a Cork fan and am offended by the suggestion!

You could only dream of it Stu :D

micls
20/03/2006, 11:33 AM
Here we F****N go. Once derry lose a match cork fans jump on the haha bandwagon and automatically assume we are not good enuff to win the title. We came up against a team who played a 10-0-0 formation with a team who lumps the ball up the pitch. There is a long long way to go and i will still say derry and shels will be the two challengers for the title......providing shels are still here:D

Yeah don't overreact at all.

He didn't say ye weren't good enough.
Why wouldn't he(and all City fans) laugh and celebrate one of our biggest rivals losing a game :confused:

We'd celebrate Shels losing too its not just ye!!

I'd be more worried if City fans couldn't give a crap that ye lost-now that would show they didn't think ye were good enough to challenge for the title.

wws
20/03/2006, 11:49 AM
the idea that derry or cork will challenge pats for the league this year is laughable to my ears. Top of the League!