PDA

View Full Version : DIT Accomodation

joema
15/03/2006, 7:54 PM
Im thinking of going to D.I.T next year - just wondering about accomidation there - the d.i.t website isnt the most helpfull :http://www.dit.ie/DIT/students/support/accommodation.html and accomidation seems expensive and hard to find. If any of ye on here go to d.i.t and live in accomidation nearby could ye post up some info here
Thanks

Peadar
15/03/2006, 7:58 PM
If any of ye on here go to d.i.t and live in accomidation nearby could ye post up some info here
Thanks

The most obvious question here is which campus do you hope to attend?
They're spread around the city so accommodation costs and locations could differ greatly.

I hope, for your sake, that you're not sitting Higher Level English in your Leaving Cert. :p

strangeirish
15/03/2006, 7:59 PM
I hope, for your sake, that you're not sitting Higher Level English in your Leaving Cert. :p
:D ......

joema
15/03/2006, 8:05 PM
The most obvious question here is which campus do you hope to attend?
They're spread around the city so accommodation costs and locations could differ greatly.

I am doing Honours English:eek:

Hoping of going to Bolton Street so Id want accomidation there

TheJamaicanP.M.
15/03/2006, 8:07 PM

Obviously an ability to spell is no longer important.:D

strangeirish
15/03/2006, 8:08 PM

Ah joema,ffs.....accommodation!:D

Peadar
15/03/2006, 8:13 PM

Bolton St. is north inner city and is very well serviced by bus. You should look at an area further out from the city though.
I used to rent a two bedroom apartment around the corner from Bolton St. and it was €1,200 per month. Split between two of us, I was paying €600 per month and then bills on top of that. Being a student, you'll also require beer money. ;)

Don't rule out commuting!

joema
15/03/2006, 8:19 PM
Ah joema,ffs.....accommodation!:D

A-C-C-O-M-M-O-D-A-T-I-O-N
got it now, thanks:D

Bolton St. is north inner city and is very well serviced by bus. You should look at an area further out from the city though.
I used to rent a two bedroom apartment around the corner from Bolton St. and it was €1,200 per month. Split between two of us, I was paying €600 per month and then bills on top of that. Being a student, you'll also require beer money. ;)

Don't rule out commuting!

Thanks for the info Peadar

Block G Raptor
15/03/2006, 8:29 PM
and accomidation seems expensive
Welcome to the reality of big smoke life

joema
15/03/2006, 8:35 PM
Welcome to the reality of big smoke life

I knew it was going to be expensive. Its just that some of the other options on my CAO like Carlow for e.g have pretty cheap accommodation. Having said that I know Dublin is one of the most expensive cities to live in in Europe

TheJamaicanP.M.
15/03/2006, 8:37 PM
Personally, I'd recommend somewhere on the southside along a QBC, thereby providing you with a high quality lifestyle, as well as efficient access to Bolton Street.

joema
15/03/2006, 8:40 PM
Personally, I'd recommend somewhere on the southside along a QBC, thereby providing you with a high quality lifestyle, as well as efficient access to Bolton Street.

Dont want to souund like a total idiot but what is a "QBC" ?

TheJamaicanP.M.
15/03/2006, 8:45 PM
Sorry, QBC is a quality bus corridor. An example is the 46A bus route from city centre to Stillorgan. As pointed out by Peader, you will pay a lot for accommodation in the city centre so you should consider commuting. That's what most people do. A student should have to pay no more than 400 euros a month in my opinion. Did you check if DIT has campus accommodation available for students?

joema
15/03/2006, 8:48 PM
Sorry, QBC is a quality bus corridor. An example is the 46A bus route from city centre to Stillorgan. As pointed out by Peader, you will pay a lot for accommodation in the city centre so you should consider commuting. That's what most people do. A student should have to pay no more than 400 euros a month in my opinion. Did you check if DIT has campus accommodation available for students?

Thanks for the info.

Yes, I checked. D.I.T does not have campus accommodation for students - hardly surprising considering it's location I suppose

Aberdonian Stu
15/03/2006, 11:23 PM
While I'm a proud southsider myself I'd recommend you stay north of the liffey for budgetary reasons, specifically Drumcondra as it is very reasonably priced for students considering its proximity to the city centre.

Raheny Red
19/03/2006, 3:13 PM
Yep Drumcondra is the best place for foreign students (:D ) as it is all flat land!

green army
21/03/2006, 12:16 PM
drumcondra or phibsboro would be very accessible for bolton street. what cource will you be studying?

joema
21/03/2006, 4:54 PM
what cource will you be studying?

Possibly print management - not sure though - from what ive heard and read I think it seems a good course. Not too sure about the job prospects though because it has reasonably low points - around 230

Ringy
21/03/2006, 11:01 PM
I stay on the Griffith college accomadation on the south circular road and theres a good few DIT crowd living there if thats any help to ya like

Raheny Red
21/03/2006, 11:14 PM
Not too sure about the job prospects though because it has reasonably low points - around 230

That is balls - don't pick a course due to the points, wheter is it low or high!

joema
22/03/2006, 11:53 AM
That is balls - don't pick a course due to the points, wheter is it low or high!

Yeah I know. Your right