PDA

View Full Version : Dublin City v Derry City prediction

Derek
15/03/2006, 4:00 PM
I think this will be a 1:0 win for Dublin City with Ger McCarthy getting the goal.

Very optmistic but the Cork game will have given the lads a lot of confidance and I reckon they will leift their games again for the Derry game.

Poor Student
15/03/2006, 4:37 PM
With all due respect Derek, you must be mad to be expecting a 1-0 win against Derry.

Sheridan
15/03/2006, 5:01 PM
While a blind monkey randomly jabbing a pin into a list of possible results would probably record a higher success rate than Derek's prediction threads, I'm not sure how the act of backing one participant in a two-horse race could possibly be construed as "mad."

Poor Student
15/03/2006, 5:04 PM
While a blind monkey randomly jabbing a pin into a list of possible results would probably record a higher success rate than Derek's prediction threads, I'm not sure how the act of backing one participant in a two-horse race could possibly be construed as "mad."

What if one of the horses was an outstanding thoroughbred and the other was a pony with three legs?

Sheridan
15/03/2006, 5:37 PM
What if one of the horses was an outstanding thoroughbred and the other was a pony with three legs?
Then they wouldn't be in the same race, literally or allegorically. Worse teams than City beat better teams than Derry all the time.

Risteard
15/03/2006, 6:59 PM
Sometimes, not all the time.
Was a little impressed with your defence at the Cross so i think ye can just hold out for a scoreless draw.

Maynard
16/03/2006, 11:31 AM
The back four will really have to be on their game alright if we want to get any sort of result. I can't decide whether it's a good or a bad thing that Deery are on such a good (and busy) run of form. Personally I don't think there'll be many goals, we'll have to improve our set pieces...One goal either way I'd say.

pineapple stu
16/03/2006, 8:21 PM
With all due respect Derek, you must be mad to be expecting a 1-0 win against Derry.
Ten minutes away from looking really silly!:eek:

Poor Student
16/03/2006, 8:39 PM
I knew once I made this post I had handed them the win.:o :o

DmanDmythDledge
16/03/2006, 8:43 PM
Egg on your face.

Poor Student
16/03/2006, 8:59 PM
Hands up. I'm having my humble pie as I type. Fair play to City, good result.:ball:

Rebal Boy
16/03/2006, 9:52 PM

He wasn't that mad after all.:) What sort of crowd was there I wonder?

pete
16/03/2006, 10:03 PM
First stumble by the big 4 this season so!

Poor Student
16/03/2006, 10:09 PM
By the way Derek, can I have your predictions for the Euromillions tomorrow?:)

Derek
16/03/2006, 11:25 PM
I think this will be a 1:0 win for Dublin City with Ger McCarthy getting the goal.

I can't believe I got the goal scorer wrong:D

We are not going to be whippings boys this season, another great performance for the boys in blue. I spotted a few premier managers at the game tonight and I reckon they all know now they have there work cut out if they want to beat the Dubs this season!

Derek
16/03/2006, 11:27 PM
First stumble by the big 4 this season so!
You underestimate the power of the Dubs.

Derek
16/03/2006, 11:29 PM
He wasn't that mad after all.:) What sort of crowd was there I wonder?

About 250/300ish. Maybe more

Rebal Boy
17/03/2006, 5:44 PM
About 250/300ish. Maybe more

The Daily Star said 275. Thats very poor for a Premier Division match. How does the club surive with those sort of gates????:confused:

Dj Duffer
17/03/2006, 5:50 PM
It was the same if not worse last year. I remember going to a Ramblers game against Dublin City up in Richmond park last year and we nearly out-numbered them and there was only about 50 of us. Cant understand how theyre surviving they must have good sponsorship. They do have a small group of very loyal fans though which is good to see.

Rebal Boy
17/03/2006, 5:59 PM
It was the same if not worse last year. I remember going to a Ramblers game against Dublin City up in Richmond park last year and we nearly out-numbered them and there was only about 50 of us. Cant understand how theyre surviving they must have good sponsorship. They do have a small group of very loyal fans though which is good to see.

Theirs one thing I don't understand about Dublin. It has 1million people living there. Thats 1/4 of Ireland population. It has 6 LOI clubs and they all stuggle to get crowds at matches. Its a shame to see. :( I was in Dalymount for the City- Bohs game on Oct31st last. City won 2-1 and atleast 1000 of those were from Cork.

sligoman
17/03/2006, 6:10 PM
I remember going to a Ramblers game against Dublin City up in Richmond park last year and we nearly out-numbered them and there was only about 50 of us.Well we did out-number them the last time we played them, in Richmond Park.

If the attendance was about 250/300, then Premier Division footie hasn't made much difference for CHF.

pineapple stu
18/03/2006, 3:11 AM
There's one thing I don't understand about Dublin. It has 1million people living there. Thats 1/4 of Ireland population. It has 6 LOI clubs and they all stuggle to get crowds at matches.
Dublin is strange. It's kind of a mish-mash of people from all over the country. There are fairly few genuine Dubs around. You have a lot of first- and second-generation Dubs about who just don't have any sort of loyalty to a club, who live in a very samey housing estate and just go about their daily lives without getting overly involved in community and all that - kind of the same problems Kildare County are experiencing attracting fans; lots of people live in Kildare, but a hell of a lot commute to Dublin, so they don't feel a community attachment. It's different in large country towns/small cities like Sligo, Cork and Derry. There's a broad community identity there. I can vouch for the Dublin issue myself (though those who know me will say I'm a freak example!) - I've lived here 22 years now (out of 26), but if pushed, I wouldn't consider myself from Dublin as I'm originally from Kerry and my family's from Tipp. It's very hard to see what to do about it.

Breifne
18/03/2006, 10:47 AM
(though those who know me will say I'm a freak example!)

This has got to be nominated for POTM

Maynard
20/03/2006, 6:03 PM
They do have a small group of very loyal fans though which is good to see.

Appreciate the recognition. It's not easy sometimes but we are moving in the right direction, just ahve to keep plugging away.