PDA

View Full Version : New Stand

Pages : [1] 2

NY Hoop
07/03/2006, 3:04 PM
Well done on the improvements.

Get a bar in the ground and you have it made!

KOH

Terry
08/03/2006, 3:04 PM
Was there an artists impression of what the finished stand will look like? how much it will seat etc.

gufct
08/03/2006, 3:20 PM
and last night was more about the club as a whole as opposed to this project which is being overseen by the Terryland Development commitee.The stand will hold 1,500 and can be added on to as more grants become available.

GalwayFrancis
08/03/2006, 4:43 PM
The stand will hold 1,500 and can be added on to as more grants become available.

added to, in which direction? will phase one be a full lenght stand of 1500 and then they can add on to the back making it bigger or will it be a half lenght stand, like the one in monaghan?:(

Terry
09/03/2006, 7:16 AM
added to, in which direction? will phase one be a full lenght stand of 1500 and then they can add on to the back making it bigger or will it be a half lenght stand, like the one in monaghan?:(

I believe it will be the highlighted option above GF, as the new dressing rooms and what not will be underneath the stand, so they'll have to build the full length to accomodated all the rooms that are going underneath the stand.

GalwayFrancis
09/03/2006, 8:07 AM
I believe it will be the highlighted option above GF, as the new dressing rooms and what not will be underneath the stand, so they'll have to build the full length to accomodated all the rooms that are going underneath the stand.

good, so long as we're not left with a half length stand that will neve rbe finished... just thinking about it there, the new stand will be smaller then the old one, only slightly but still.... anyone know the construction company involved and when will plans be put online?

Guitd
09/03/2006, 8:41 PM
good, so long as we're not left with a half length stand that will neve rbe finished... just thinking about it there, the new stand will be smaller then the old one, only slightly but still.... anyone know the construction company involved and when will plans be put online?

new stand will be app 1500 seats which would mean the length will be about 3 blocks of the present stand but will be double the depth 20 rows which can be added to at a later stage either side constructed in steel.remember the grant and budget is between €500/€600k money matters when building and planning!!!!!!!.

gufcfan
14/03/2006, 4:58 PM
excellent board, vision, all the supporters are in there with them. NEW STAND (in a few weeks)

What's the story with the new stand?

Havent been able to go to terryland in a good while coz of new work hours.

I presume its on the waterworks side.

Pity, i kinda like those paintings on the fence!

corbyeire
14/03/2006, 6:02 PM
those paintings on the fence were a great idea - didnt have to look at a mound of gravel the made that side of the ground more compact and so added to a bit of atmosphere

cant wait until the new stand is in - particularly on the wet nights with the wind behind it that used to blow straight in the old stand!:rolleyes:

gufcfan
14/03/2006, 6:17 PM
So what size will the new stand be in relation to the old (new) stand be?

corbyeire
14/03/2006, 7:04 PM
if you check the season launch thread this was mentioned

"new stand will be app 1500 seats which would mean the length will be about 3 blocks of the present stand but will be double the depth 20 rows which can be added to at a later stage either side constructed in steel.remember the grant and budget is between €500/€600k money matters when building and planning!!!!!!!"

citybone
15/03/2006, 7:05 PM
can anyone post up pics of the new stand?????????

Conor H
15/03/2006, 7:39 PM
No problem......should have them up for ya in August.:cool:

looping
16/03/2006, 10:23 AM

pics!! please

Conor H
16/03/2006, 10:25 AM
pics!! please

There is no stand up yet.It hasn't even been started and i don't think there is model pictures available.
Ill put pictures of the real deal itself up in August.;)

GalwayFrancis
16/03/2006, 10:42 AM
and ill put up the artists impression when i get my hands on them

Patrick Dunne
21/03/2006, 1:05 PM
Minister for Sport, John O'Donoghue will lay the first block of the new stand in Terryland Park on Thursday evening, 23rd March.

Work is expected to start in the coming weeks.

Terry
21/03/2006, 1:45 PM
does he know where terryland is?

Fair play to him all the same! do you know when the blue prints willl be available for viewing?

Terry
30/03/2006, 7:33 AM
So,

Can anyone confirm that construction has begun ?

Patrick Dunne
30/03/2006, 8:50 AM
won't be starting for the next few weeks, at least. The laying of the first block was ceremonial only.

Have a look for yourselves Friday night !

gufct
30/03/2006, 10:49 AM
is its definitely going ahead as is the relocation and upgrading of the floodlights which will include lighting on the stands and the old stand being refurbished.

People just have to be patient as it is a Terryland Development commitee project rather than just a Galway United one.

GalwayFrancis
30/03/2006, 11:01 AM
Terryland Development commitee

Who is on the TDC? What do they do, I know they 'Develop Terryland'
but what else? Great news about the new stand and the floodlights.
Are the old floodlights being removed on both sides of the pitch, making
the old stand way better... how much will the terryland officially after the
new stand is built?
Will the new stand have changing rooms and other rooms under it for a shop
and things? if so, the club house could easily be changed into a nice bar and
social room. Any views?

gufct
30/03/2006, 11:16 AM
is made up of 3 galway United reps,3 Galway F.A. Reps and as far as I know independent reps.It is actually the development Co. for Terryland.The Seated Capacity will rise to 3200. The Floodlights will be relocated and there will be room under the stand for various uses which will be determined by the TDC.

The development under the stand will require further funding from the TDC,FAI & Dept. of Sport as will the future developments in the ground.

The Galway F.A. are to be praised for their work in making this dream for everyone in Galway Soccer a reality.

GalwayFrancis
30/03/2006, 11:35 AM
The Seated Capacity will rise to 3200.
is the new stand going to be smaller than the old one? the old stand (i think) is between 1,700 and 1,800 seats, that would mean the new old would only have 1,500/1,600 seats? why so small, or is this because of the two phase construction?
just say it is 3200, any idea on the standing capacity? 5,000 would be nice overall figure to reach.

The Galway F.A. are to be praised for their work in making this dream for everyone in Galway Soccer a reality.
Yea, fair play to them indeed! Terryland is slowly becoming one of the best compact stadiums in ireland.

Patrick Dunne
30/03/2006, 11:44 AM
Nothing is set in stone at the moment in relation to the facilities underneath the new stand. I would be happy if spectator facilities are ready by March 2007.

Tribesman
30/03/2006, 1:04 PM
I would agree with P Dunne, plan it properly and have it ready for '07.

Additional facilities should be included in the new stand and hopefully if the
monies due can be drawn down then this can happen.

BTW moving the lights to the four corners would be great.

gufct
30/03/2006, 1:32 PM
but the two middle ones each side will be moved leaving a clear view from either side.

JC_GUFC
30/03/2006, 4:02 PM
Nothing is set in stone at the moment

I like the pun PD! :rolleyes:

I would be happy if spectator facilities are ready by March 2007.

Yes - just in time for Terryland's 2008 European debut! Galatasaray won't know what's hit them.... :D

BohsFans
09/04/2006, 1:42 PM
Why is there nothing about this on your official site? :confused:

Conor H
09/04/2006, 1:59 PM
Well its only in the early stages yet.It was publicised in local newspapers but there's nothing really for the website to mention.It should be up for August or September AFAIK.

GalwayFrancis
09/04/2006, 8:04 PM
Well its only in the early stages yet.It was publicised in local newspapers but there's nothing really for the website to mention.It should be up for August or September AFAIK.

on the website or when the stand will be finished?

Conor H
09/04/2006, 9:05 PM
The stand will be finished.

BohsFans
09/04/2006, 9:59 PM
The stand will be finished.

Bit of a joke really!

What is the purpose of a website again?

A government minister turned the first sod and it'll be up for August or September :eek: nearly as bad as our official site at the moment.

Conor H
09/04/2006, 10:10 PM
You think having a stand up in 4 months is a joke?:confused:
Or is it that our website hasn't news on it?
Terryland Park is owned by the Galway FA not Galway UTD.

BohsFans
09/04/2006, 10:31 PM
You think having a stand up in 4 months is a joke?:confused:
Or is it that our website hasn't news on it?
Terryland Park is owned by the Galway FA not Galway UTD.

So this project is nothing to do with GUFC? Therefore warrants no mention on their official site?

Am I right?

Terry
10/04/2006, 8:00 AM
Hi Bohs Fan,

There is nothing really to say about the stand at the moment that no one knows about. As far as the stand being ready for August or september! I will be happy if its ready for next season. For what I've been told there is still a good bit of paper work to sort out before construction can start.

Our offical website will only announce something when it comes as an official statement from the club and nothing else.

The construction of the stand is done by the "Development Committee". This a joint orginisation of GUFC, the Galway FA and some independent representives of the city of Galway.

FAO GUFCT/PD

I know we got the grant from the FAI but were we suppose to be getting something from UEFA and the Galway Corporation also? I know a certain member of the council was against giving anything to GUFC and tried to block it.

corbyeire
10/04/2006, 10:10 AM
why would a councillor be against this........?!

GAA domination or something more sinister?

:confused:

Patrick Dunne
10/04/2006, 10:31 AM
AFAIK there are no issues with the Galway Corporation.

The plans for the stand are being finalised at the present time. I don't know
of a definite start date.

I dont think it would look great if there was a news item titled "Nothing happening this week, either" on the website :rolleyes:

geezer
10/04/2006, 10:36 AM
arse again. I spoke to the person you are hinting at on friday night, and that is 100% not the case. who told you this info terry or is it just rumour? . In fact I was speaking to the man in the reception of their fine facilities and what had pride of place as you went in 2 big Galway United posters with the fixtures for the season. Can you name me 3 of the 56 junior clubs in Galway that will have the Gufc fixture posters up on their main enytrance in their clubhouse. Stop talking 3rd hand ****e.
There will be no shortage of support on that end for development at terryland

Tribesman
10/04/2006, 10:41 AM
Have to agree with P Dunne, if there is nothing to report on
how can it feature on the website.

From what I hear plans are not finalised for the
new stand and work is ongoing with regard to this.

The ceremony in Terryland was for publicity and just a reminder to those
in high places that Terryland Park will be looking for additional funding.

Terry
10/04/2006, 12:39 PM
arse again. I spoke to the person you are hinting at on friday night, and that is 100% not the case. who told you this info terry or is it just rumour? . In fact I was speaking to the man in the reception of their fine facilities and what had pride of place as you went in 2 big Galway United posters with the fixtures for the season. Can you name me 3 of the 56 junior clubs in Galway that will have the Gufc fixture posters up on their main enytrance in their clubhouse. Stop talking 3rd hand ****e.
There will be no shortage of support on that end for development at terryland

Jes! What the hell is wrong with you? I dont know why Im replying to crap slander like this but:

For your info another councillor told me the story and I would respect everything that person would tell me to be fact and not some sort of arse talk as to so aggressively put it.

I would find it hard to name 3 junior clubs that have a clubhouse never mind that put up posters.

Conor H
10/04/2006, 1:24 PM
I would find it hard to name 3 junior clubs that have a clubhouse never mind that put up posters.
:D :D

BohsFans
10/04/2006, 1:35 PM
Have to agree with P Dunne, if there is nothing to report on
how can it feature on the website.

From what I hear plans are not finalised for the
new stand and work is ongoing with regard to this.

The ceremony in Terryland was for publicity and just a reminder to those
in high places that Terryland Park will be looking for additional funding.

Jesus, do I have to write the article for you. :rolleyes:

I'll get you started anyway. Headline: "New Stand in the Pipeline" OR "Minister turns Sod on new stand"

corbyeire
10/04/2006, 2:01 PM
Not trying to pick sides or anything - but i think there has to be some good reason why there isint mention of it on the website

true as you say terry there is not much to report - but it would tie in with uniteds supposed progressive image that has been lauded a lot of late - coupled with the fact that promotions will be based on other things such as licences, capacity etc. whatever they are going to decide for this new league

as you said they had the minister turn the sod - and you stated this was to bring attention to the whole stand scheme - well surely plastering his picture on the site would bring attention - the minister is behind it etc. etc.

there seems in my opinion something more to this that you cant talk about that GUFC has the thing subdued for the time being

to be honest on the website there is plenty of trivial stuff reported from time to time - I would have imagined this would have made the grade even if it is only the beginings

time will tell etc...:confused: :confused: :confused:

Patrick Dunne
10/04/2006, 2:16 PM
Perhaps it could have made the website, the webmaster normally puts up any press releases etc that the club sends out.

In fairness to the webmaster, most of the information he puts up is either match previews/reports, GUFC fundraisers or GUST results. This might be mundane, but its essential work and much appreciated.

For example,a certain massive, huge club from the North West has its Lotto results displayed - from June 2005 ! :eek:

Terry
10/04/2006, 2:45 PM
In fairness to the webmaster, most of the information he puts up is either match previews/reports, GUFC fundraisers or GUST results. This might be mundane, but its essential work and much appreciated.

I agree, the webmaster does a great job (voluntarily I may add) and long may it continue. If someone wants to write an article themselves Im sure he would be glad to put it up (Send it to me and I'll forward it on). He doesnt write every article himself as he has a fulltime job to get on with also, so doesnt get to attend everything that goes on at the club.

corbyeire
10/04/2006, 2:47 PM
im not saying the mundane things are not important at all

I just thought that when there is something that would make the grade for the website - the webmaster would jump on it

Patrick Dunne
10/04/2006, 3:19 PM
Fair point. In future, send him an e-mail (info@galwayunitedfc.ie) and I'm sure he'll be glad to include any information you have. Neil Rowe is his name, he is very approachable.

geezer
11/04/2006, 10:52 AM
well terry can you give us such a broad hint about who your informant is and why are you hiding behind such rumour. u also must know little about the junior scene if you havent seen the improvements in club facilities in the last 5 years. anyway i really dislike comments about people that are cloaked in innuendo if you have something to say, say it or shut up and not put unsubstantiated comments about areas of galway or their representatives on the site. As pd said there are no issues with Galway corporation outstanding in relation to Terryland

Terry
11/04/2006, 12:48 PM
First off it is against the websites policy to go naming people on this site without the approval of that person.

Secondly why should I give a sh*t about junior football and there facilities? this thread is about our facilities in terryland, I never mentioned about junior football in the first place, it was you that brought it up not me.

thirdly and finally, can someone tell me are we getting money from the corporation and UEFA on top of the grant from the FAI?