PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Davey

redrov2005
14/03/2006, 8:02 PM
From hoganstand.com

Sligo footballer Johnny Davey is believed to be considering an offer to join eircom league soccer outfit Sligo Rovers.

A talented half back, Davey has come to the attention of Sligo Rovers chiefs after impressing in a friendly match for local team St. John’s last month.

Davey is a key member of the Sligo football team which is currently rooted to the bottom of Division 2B of the NFL after losing their first four matches. It’s understood that Sligo Rovers are prepared to offer him a contract as the eircom league gets underway.

gustavo
14/03/2006, 8:15 PM
hmmm very interesting one . Johnny was a very good right back , back in 1999-2000 season for us.He was one of Sligo's best players last year in the Championship , but as far as i remember he played up front for St Johns in that game i wonder what role Sean sees him filling.

Red&White Rover
14/03/2006, 8:24 PM
heard that a while back...maybe backup winger

feo123
14/03/2006, 8:51 PM
ago1 he may aswell come... sure the oul GAA are doin crap now!

SRFCbrothelutd
15/03/2006, 9:38 AM
I know johhny quire well and he said "there was protracted talks since the st john game, having expressed his interest in joining the bit o red johhny said he couldnt take up seans offer as he had already given his commitment to the gaa for this season. However there is an agreement in place that when the gaa season is over both parties will meet again to discuss coming on board at some stage later in the season.
Watch this space...

Royal rover
15/03/2006, 9:39 AM
They always have been poor enough, what about getting o'Hara, i think he would make a great centre half!

Redzer
15/03/2006, 12:26 PM
They always have been poor enough, what about getting o'Hara, i think he would make a great centre half!
We're after getting rid of one long term injury player in Sheridan,so I dont think it would be a good idea signing another. Anyways I never heard of him playing any other footy only gaa.

gustavo
15/03/2006, 12:33 PM
There was rumours of him joining Ballygawley Celtic a couple of years ago but that never materialised

akearins
15/03/2006, 2:07 PM
Woulkd be good to see Johnny davey back with Rovers, I thunk he would give us a few option on the left in certain games with his pace.Looking at most premier division side ther wingers are generall y quick fast and with his pace Johnny would be a match to keep most of them quiet

Guts&Glory
15/03/2006, 3:06 PM
I know johhny quire well and he said "there was protracted talks since the st john game, having expressed his interest in joining the bit o red johhny said he couldnt take up seans offer as he had already given his commitment to the gaa for this season. However there is an agreement in place that when the gaa season is over both parties will meet again to discuss coming on board at some stage later in the season.
Watch this space...

HE WILL BE AVIABLE MY EARLY JUNE THEN........THE COUNTY TEAM WILL BE OUT OF ANY MEANINGFUL GAMES BY THEN!!!

SligoBrewer
15/03/2006, 10:01 PM
lol!

nice winger,he'll strengthen the squad up

Red&White Rover
16/03/2006, 6:44 PM
wouldn't want o'hara in the team...arrogant sod

sligoman
16/03/2006, 7:54 PM
Kind of know Davey too, good player, would love to see him back with us.

Redtop
16/03/2006, 9:17 PM
seen him play a couple of times this season including the johns game and with carbury a couple of times and didn't really impress me..IMO all he has is loads of pace

redtildead
16/03/2006, 11:59 PM
wouldn't want o'hara in the team...arrogant sod
I prefer the term ********