PDA

View Full Version : City v Swifts

Risteard
14/03/2006, 1:22 PM
Behan and Woods to start which raises a few questions.

Is this a first go at a 4-3-3 or will Fenn drop to midfield/the bench?
Can Billy play in a 4-3-3:eek: or Fenn in the middle?

I was thinking while ago that McNulty should be given a go but now i reckon we should just feck the experimentation and go win the thing so we can feck about in the last two matches without injury worries and try people out then.

daveh
14/03/2006, 7:01 PM
Cork City Starting Line-Up: Devine, Murphy, Bennett, Murray, Horgan, Woods, O'Callaghan, O'Brien, Fenn, O'Flynn, Behan.

sullanefc
14/03/2006, 9:59 PM
For the record, Fenn played right wing and it didn't suit him. Billy wasn't great either.

Behan scored from a good cross from Flynn. Flynn should have had a couple himself.

Game of 2 halves. Dungannon outstanding in the first with city on top in the second.

Dungannon hit the woodwork twice but city prevailed 1-0.

Risteard
14/03/2006, 11:16 PM
Anyone could figure out that Fenn on the wing wouldn't work.
At least Rico can blood a few young fellas in the next two games anyway.

Champions of Ireland.

A face
14/03/2006, 11:25 PM
Anyone could figure out that Fenn on the wing wouldn't work.
At least Rico can blood a few young fellas in the next two games anyway.

Well, we're not out of the woods yet but yeah i agree. And it has to be done aswell, Devine on the bench straight away when we have a chance. Softic up beside Gamble, Lordon on quick smart.

On Fenn though, no harm in trying it out.

pete
15/03/2006, 11:18 AM
Its important to secure a home tie in the semi final before rotating the squad. I wouldn't expect wholesale changes to the team even if we have already guaranteed home game going into the last game.

George MOTM by some distance.

Special award to drill Sargeant Chant. :D

Risteard
15/03/2006, 1:15 PM
So the semi isn't a two-legged affair?

pete
15/03/2006, 1:49 PM
Semi Finals are 1 legged (like Liam Kearney). Teams that win groups are at home as you would expect.

Troy.McClure
15/03/2006, 8:36 PM
Got a text on the way back saying Tony Tynan was spotted there? An option for the left wing? I didnt see him myself, although not sure if Id recognise him now. He can still be signed if he doesnt have a contract cant he?

Risteard
15/03/2006, 8:59 PM
I saw John Andrews myself yesterday. Maybe he can give us cover at the back.:)

A face
16/03/2006, 12:50 PM
I saw John Andrews myself yesterday. Maybe he can give us cover at the back.:)

I would mind him being back if it was for his attitude alone, a serious honest and equally sound bloke. Tynan, whats he like now though, has to be said he did look good when with City.

yan
18/03/2006, 10:59 AM
tynan has been playing with avondale in msl this season