PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Globe Draw

ConfusedBlue
14/03/2006, 11:39 AM
Less than a week remains for you to buy your tickets to be in with a chance to win a Waterford Crystal Globe valued at almost €7000. The draw has been arranged by the Friends of Waterford United and will take place on Saturday night next 18th March in The Olde Ground Bar. The winning ticket will be chosen by Chief Executive of the FAI John Delaney. All funds raised will be used to cover the costs of providing transport and accomodation for the Blues squad for away fixtures over the coming season. Tickets cost only €5 so if you have not bought yours yet, DO IT NOW before it is too late. Tickets can be purchased online or by contacting any committee member-Click Here For Details http://www.crystalgloberaffle.com

NY Hoop
14/03/2006, 11:43 AM
Great idea. Are there any committee members living in the capital that you could buy tickets off?

KOH

ConfusedBlue
14/03/2006, 11:54 AM
I don't know if there is any committee members living or working in Dublin but the tickets can be bought online (if you have a credit card) or I'm sure if you fire off an e-mail to the lads they could sort you out with one someway or other if you're interested!!!!!!!

Mental Man
14/03/2006, 9:23 PM
If anybody is interested you can just log on to www.waterford-united.ie and there is a link on the page which will take you straight onto the webpage for the globe where you can buy online if ya have a credit card.
We have sold tickets as far as the USA and also exiles in the UK by the website so thanks to all who have bought a ticket, much appreciated !!

Block G Raptor
15/03/2006, 9:23 AM
The winning ticket will be chosen by Chief Executive of the FAI John Delaney.
Did Ollie Byrne Buy a ticket ........No .Bet he wins anyway :D

A face
15/03/2006, 3:24 PM
Has to be said though ..... its a throw away for a fiver !! :eek:

Mental Man
15/03/2006, 8:25 PM
Thanks for the support lads, it sgreat value for money and its all down to the workers in the Crystal factory that came upon the idea of helping the club, the amount of support we have received has been fabulous, we have sold tickets to other supporters too, a special word of mention to certain supporters from Shamrock Rovers who bought a good few on-line, cheers lads and thanks !;)

CuanaD
16/03/2006, 7:40 PM
Same problem as last time i tried a few months ago - i go through all the payment stages & then it says i'm timed out - start again!!!:mad:

Any alternative ways of getting a ticket in Dubland?

A face
16/03/2006, 9:45 PM
Sorry when is the closing date on this ??

Jimmy's_head
16/03/2006, 9:52 PM
Sorry when is the closing date on this ??

Draw takes place on Saturday evening 18th March, so I imagine you would need to get a ticket ASAP if interested.

Mental Man
18/03/2006, 5:55 PM
On behalf of the "Friends of Waterford United" i would like to thank the supporters from other clubs that bought tickets for the crystal globe draw, the draw takes place tonight in the Old Ground Bar in waterford and CEO of the FAI John Delaney will be making the draw.
Best of luck to everyone in the draw cos its a fantastic piece of hand crafted waterford crystal .
Thanks for the support everybody and again best of luck !

Mental Man
19/03/2006, 7:39 PM
Just to inform everybody that a local here from the city won the globe and over 9000 euro was rasied which covers the away expenses for the team for the coming season which helps the club big time , also 22 businesses came forward and sponsored the players also for the season ,looks like the club is definately starting to now move forward and the community is getting behind us now.
Onwards and upwards from here please god, thanks guys for buying tickets.

A face
19/03/2006, 10:22 PM
Just to inform everybody that a local here from the city won the globe and over 9000 euro was rasied which covers the away expenses for the team for the coming season which helps the club big time , also 22 businesses came forward and sponsored the players also for the season ,looks like the club is definately starting to now move forward and the community is getting behind us now.

Wheres me globe?? :eek: .... i entered that to get a globe, are ye sending it on or what like? Giz me globe willya !!:p

Roverstillidie
19/03/2006, 10:33 PM

fair play to all concerned. can we have one to auction too, dublin crystal is ****e compared...:D

Block G Raptor
20/03/2006, 1:13 PM
Just to inform everybody that a local here from the city won the globe and over 9000 euro was rasied which covers the away expenses for the team for the coming season which helps the club big time , also 22 businesses came forward and sponsored the players also for the season ,looks like the club is definately starting to now move forward and the community is getting behind us now.Onwards and upwards from here please god, thanks guys for buying tickets.

Great News. Good luck to ya

A face
20/03/2006, 1:22 PM
Great News. Good luck to ya

Yeah yeah ... now wheres me globe ?? :eek: :)

noby
20/03/2006, 1:25 PM
Don't worry, I'm sure it'll be on e-bay by the end of the week.

Raheny Red
21/03/2006, 12:26 PM
Great stuff to see that much mone been raised! When is the development of the new stand getting under way?

Just to inform everybody that a local here from the city won the globe

Typical :rolleyes:

There never was a crystal globe - was there :p

Mental Man
21/03/2006, 12:56 PM
Developement of the stand will begin shortly we think and should be up for end of august/september, its gone before the city council and its a runner, its an 1800 seater so it will go a long way to add to the atmosphere of the place which can be dead at times.

A face
21/03/2006, 2:01 PM
Developement of the stand will begin shortly we think and should be up for end of august/september, its gone before the city council and its a runner, its an 1800 seater so it will go a long way to add to the atmosphere of the place which can be dead at times and just to let you know, A faces Globe is in the post !!

Nice one Mental Man, i'll be waiting by the letter box !! ;)

NY Hoop
21/03/2006, 2:37 PM

Fair play. Tried to buy a ticket but it kept getting timed out. Tell your cameraman down there to go over the far side as last nights coverage looked awful.

KOH